My Bale Trailers

First up the arctic bale trailer , this is before I put the floor on the trailer. it is an old neway lorry trailer which ive modified to be able to put a flet deck on for bales.

v1f.JPG

The dolly for the trailer was made from the rear end off the lorry & just adding a drawbar.

izkd.jpg

r95h.jpg

This one is just a standard Britians trailer which I have painted, made some bale ladders for and changed the drawbar 

7y79.jpg

Just a small lowloader made for hauling the siku maize drill ,the floor came from the newray lorry & the rest is just plastruct

phk.JPG

This trailer has the body and rear chassis from a Britain's lorry with the drawbar from a Marston trailer and the wheels came from a newray lorry.  

tr98.jpg

ai4k.jpg

The trailer has a piece added to the rear making it longer this is removable so the trailer can be made shorter

qojz.jpg

This trailer just uses the chassis from a siku triaxle trailer with abit added onto the end making it 5 Britians bales long all the rest was made from plastruct.

u0yv.jpg

For the floors I used some coffee stirrers ,not sure whether to stain the other trailer or not as its not come up as dark as I was hoping.

ztwc.jpg

All the bale trailers have slots at the rear so I can move the ladders around & put them on a different trailer.

kbj5.jpg

Thanks for the positive comments , I am pleased with how they have turned out. Looking at the pic of the stained V unstained it needs doing does look better will try and ,make it abit darker though. 

• 7 months later...

Not bale trailers this time but as they are Trailers ill post them here save making a new topic.

First up my new Diesel bowser the tank came from an Eddie Stobart lorry set, on a homemade frame with a small engine & fuel nozzle from ebay.

na5q.jpg

y6eh.jpg

After seeing a real one on the web I thought I would have ago at making one , but ended up doing 3. These are just Britains shawnee poole dump trailers with the original coupling removed & a drawbar added. I might try & weather these in time but for now they look good in Ford Blue. I have tried to make 1 of them look Used.

npo5.jpg

This is the well used of the 3 trailers

suoc.jpg

7s48.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Decided to have ago at weathering one of my Dump trailers this is just a first attempt realy, think it needs abit more work to it yet.

P1011051.jpg

Also made this bale trailer its an old trailer made like some used locally was basically an old flatbed wagon with abit added on the front where the cab would have been. Have tried to make the trailer look well used.

P1011044.jpg

P1011079.jpg

• 1 month later...

Was never 100% happy with my arctic bale trailer, so I decided too do some work too it. I have cut the rear axles off an moved them slightly forward and also lowered the height of the bed and the front headboard. Also fitted some air lines.

P1011201.jpg

Made this with a few spare parts, tried to make it abit of a home made trailer like the ones seen locally from cut up wagons.

P1011220.jpg

Also put the finishing touches to this.

P1011204.jpg

P1011209-1.jpg

Archived