Britains 2014 Models

ALLEN XL

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rory well done with your input to th e recent Britians models. The 50 series deeres are excellent and just got a 3650 yesterday to complete the trio. The standard of the models are very high. Let's hope they continue the excellent work and bring out another trio of john deere legends ie 6610, 6810 and 6910.

I was in my local toy shop this evening and looking through most of the recently released john deeres and fords and most of them had tyres which had turned or were turning grey. Does anyone know why this is and can they be cleaned up to make them black again ?. they looked pretty awful like that.

I was in my local toy shop this evening and looking through most of the recently released john deeres and fords and most of them had tyres which had turned or were turning grey. Does anyone know why this is and can they be cleaned up to make them black again ?. they looked pretty awful like that.

I use tyre detail spray that you get from Halfords. I have found in the past that some of the scale down tyres are a bit dull, mainly due to the moulding residue, and I have used a product called BACK TO BLACK, and this worked a treat.

I use tyre detail spray that you get from Halfords. I have found in the past that some of the scale down tyres are a bit dull, mainly due to the moulding residue, and I have used a product called BACK TO BLACK, and this worked a treat.

Back to Black is good stuff for tyres alright. Ive used it a few times myself & it does work well.

doesn't back to black start to crack and flake away after time?? seem to remember tht in the past unless they have updated the formula to it

back to black doesn't crack at all Sean,it's a silicone based formula, it just dries and leaves a sheen, are you sure it was back to black you used?

Thanks Cowboy, although a lot of the credit must go to Britains because they really upped the game with the 50 Series and hopefully the 40 Series will follow that standard later this year. Can't wait to see the 3640. I managed to source a very clean and original example for them to visit. In theory it will have a lot more differences than the 3650 compared to the 3050/3350.

I'd love them to do a late version of the JD 3350/3650 but not sure that there is enough mileage in it to justify the changes, etc.

RD

green light clusters instead of the matt black ones mirror arrangement decal is yellow going into black rather than the other way squarer weights not a wafer as the newer 50 series also the cab black was cab green i.e doors ect  no square dish wheel centres like on newer 50 series me thinks that's about it but the geen massive will put you right mate

basically the 40 seies is "greener"  and any black bits u see on the 50 series will be green on the 40 series

I've noticed the whiter tyres as well recently on a lot of the Kane Halfpipes I've been using lately.. Its almost like a scum on rubber, Looks Really bad against the model.. 

Maybe its just what ever cheap rubbish Britians are using to make the tyres, or a mould release agent or something.. Either way it didn't used to be there!!

green light clusters instead of the matt black ones mirror arrangement decal is yellow going into black rather than the other way squarer weights not a wafer as the newer 50 series also the cab black was cab green i.e doors ect  no square dish wheel centres like on newer 50 series me thinks that's about it but the geen massive will put you right mate

basically the 40 seies is "greener"  and any black bits u see on the 50 series will be green on the 40 series

thanks for the info ih

Britains wasn´t represented neither at the London fair nor the Nürnberg toy fair. I´m afraid there were no models to show, excepting MF and JCB.

Can you remember any Britains catalogue showing just one new model but 22 prototypes/real life images?

A German proverb says: "Hope is the last to die"...

Have to agree there the nineties tractors were awful using the tw 35chassis for the deutz and fendt , they just looked out of scale . If they keep up with recent releases they won't go far wrong .

And probably the worst of all ,is the rear wheels they used with the centre hubs that was first introduced on the Renault 103-54 & was incorporated into most of their tractors afterwards for almost 8 years!!!!!! Those wheels became very very wobbly after a while & the centre hub just fell out. Resulting in a tractor with wheels that just kept falling off!!! Things began to turn for the worst after the introduction of the Ford 5610 really & only for the Powerfarm range ,things would have been very bad back then.  

Have to agree there the nineties tractors were awful using the tw 35chassis for the deutz and fendt , they just looked out of scale . If they keep up with recent releases they won't go far wrong .

Yea your right there. They where awful....but...back then you had more choice of tractor from different manufactors not like now then they are coming from the cas ih / ford newholland / Massey / jd / jcb. How about a better version of the same Rubin...

Am looking forward to the 40series deeres and think that Britians are certainly on the right track regarding producing a high standard of models. The standard this past couple of years has just kept getting better. The only downside being the tyres, but hope they will get those sorted.

And probably the worst of all ,is the rear wheels they used with the centre hubs that was first introduced on the Renault 103-54 & was incorporated into most of their tractors afterwards for almost 8 years!!!!!! Those wheels became very very wobbly after a while & the centre hub just fell out. Resulting in a tractor with wheels that just kept falling off!!! Things began to turn for the worst after the introduction of the Ford 5610 really & only for the Powerfarm range ,things would have been very bad back then.  

i like that because my valmet wheels were becoming very bad so i swapped them of the Britains massey

Archived