Britains 2014 Models

ALLEN XL

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

More International and David Brown models please Britains

I was thinking....as a start, could they tweak the old Ertl DB 1690 casting into something more detailed?  I've never seen the model in the flesh, so I don't know what its like proportionally.  Wouldn't look bad with some decent wheels and a new cab. Would Britains/Ertl/Tomy have rights to DB tractors if they already have those for Case IH?

I hope you mean tweaking by the likes of wot tomy britains have already done with the JD 50 series they are outstanding and far more better than the old ertl 50 series joe

I think that starting from scratch is the only way forward the 1690 db by ertl was ok but imagine if it had the same treatment as the JD or IH /CASEIH 956xl treatment but as rory has said I think the likes of UH or Replicagri  will do  DB or CASE 90/94 series tractor in the years to come

I just hope for a mid ranger from meltham or Doncaster too but speaking to a bloke who sells replicagri tractors its very doubtfull he said the company is only interested in French or german 1/1 scale tractor to modelfy like the 845 xl or French masseys they don't seem to be interested one bit in northen England tractor manufactures  just the big guns like ford and massey

still cant wait for news on new britains  2014 range but I wouldent be suprized if there aint allot of releases as they done quite a few this year realy

If im honest. I think our only chance of getting a classic type DB or Case tractors in 1/32  is from Britains &  no one else. ROS will give us tractors most common on the Italian market both modern & classic, Replicagri from the French market, Schuco,Weise & Wiking from the German market, UH anything goes & Britains from the UK & Irish market. Britains had a DB 990 Implematic from the Elite range out a few years back & now have a few IH/Case models 1056XL etc. So Britains are probably our best hope!!!

we can only hope ...there are so many more tractors to do other than fords masseys from uk don't get me wrong I like most of whats out today

and I personaly think britains are on top again like from the 70s ild love to see more box art like we had in the 70s like the estraw boxes but that's probelbly me being to nostalgic and I hope tomy get more wide spread distribution for the full range and get the likes of toys r us toymaster  to back them

I wait with baited breath for the next year or so

• 2 weeks later...

i have da mony but im not wasting it it does not grow on trees

Well thats fair enough. I do understand, BUT for the extra few pound, probably between £10 & 15 . You would have a model & not a toy with a MF24 cultivator included!! Worth the extra few pound if you really want one bad enough.!!! I know what id do!! :)

I may be on my own here, but I can not see the point in re-making models that have already been produced. UH seem intent on reproducing the whole of Britains back catalogue without Britains doing it themselves. I guess there are marketing men/accountants driving this, but it seems all a bit pointless when we have no larger Massey 100 or 200 series, no smaller Ford 1000 series (the 4000 was easily the biggest seller), but still no model. The international "worldwide series" series and anything by David Brown or Leyland/Marshal, the last two are unlikely because of  small sales outside the UK.  In my opinion the other gaps that need filling are with Zetor and Kubota. I am surprised at the lack of Kubota in particular given Britains presence in the US through Ertl.

I do agree with the comments above about the people figures needing updating. I would also have thought a driver, sold as a separate item would have been a good seller. (The one produced by Siku has the most un-natural look, has if he's sat on something Sharpe) A female driver would also be more in keeping with modern times.

The other gap is with Landrover. Given the number of variants, a long wheel with changeable rear bodies or a twin cab I would have thought would sell well.

Rant over, and I am sure we will see none of the above, but we may get an MF 3000 with a 2000 cab !!!!!!!.

Cheers

Adie.

I may be on my own here, but I can not see the point in re-making models that have already been produced. UH seem intent on reproducing the whole of Britains back catalogue without Britains doing it themselves. I guess there are marketing men/accountants driving this, but it seems all a bit pointless when we have no larger Massey 100 or 200 series, no smaller Ford 1000 series (the 4000 was easily the biggest seller), but still no model. The international "worldwide series" series and anything by David Brown or Leyland/Marshal, the last two are unlikely because of  small sales outside the UK.  In my opinion the other gaps that need filling are with Zetor and Kubota. I am surprised at the lack of Kubota in particular given Britains presence in the US through Ertl.

I do agree with the comments above about the people figures needing updating. I would also have thought a driver, sold as a separate item would have been a good seller. (The one produced by Siku has the most un-natural look, has if he's sat on something Sharpe) A female driver would also be more in keeping with modern times.

The other gap is with Landrover. Given the number of variants, a long wheel if changeable rear bodies or a twin cab I would have thought would sell well.

Rant over, and I am sure we will see none of the above, but we mat get an MF 3000 with a 2000 cab !!!!!!!.

Cheers

Adie.

I totaly agree. The 4000  was Fords best seller off all time & where is it in 1/32?????? And the MF 165 like wise.!! 

Uh seem to be doing the fords and masseys to death of late ih was pushing there worldwide series and did very well there no reason for any manufacturer not do them there was weekness in Coventry in the late seventies aswell as Doncaster with stikes ect .... i suppose that's why all the name chage and mergers intenseified  during the 80s

there is absolutely no reason why any  of the 60s 70s 80s tractor makers like David Brown .. Leyland ..and cough IH  would  not be reproduced in 1/32 scale by a leading toy/ model manufacturer............ i hope

Am I right in thinking now that Britains is owned by the tomy brand, toys r' us which is quite a large tomy dealer may start selling britains? Also went into my local toymasters at the weekend, which 4/5 years ago used to have a whole aisle dedicated to britains, now had the corner of the bottom shelf, stocked with only a few models, maybe the "townies" in Dundee arent into farming anymore?

• 3 weeks later...

what i think we will see from them next year is another irish manufacture as they made a good bit from the kanes and NC's . I would like to see britains bringing out 10series john deere models,i think the best one to bring out that everyone would like would be the 6910 and 6610, i would also like to see them bring out a john deere 1365 mower with grouper on the back, and maybe afew forage harvesters such as claas maybe?

First of all, its great to see Britains producing high quality models that are well detailed, it would be nice if they could produce a separate line of each model that is a collectors edition with an even higher standard of build and i know a higher price due to the detail but other manufacturers can do it why not Britains?

Second, can we have more retro implements like balers, ploughs, trailers etc that are highly detailed.

I do think that with the reintroduction of a lot of britains older tractors this influx of 'retro' implements is imminent within the next few years, and by the standard of their tractors I'm sure the detail would put them right up there with the 'model brands'

ya it would be nice for britains to bring back the claas forager maby the new 800 series

I'd love that two but I think Britains could not get the licence from claas to make them. If trailed harvesters where wanted to be made jf should be approached. No one only the custom builders are at them. Price maybe be high but these lads are only building a few at a time and a lot of work goes into them.

Archived