Universal Hobbies 2014 1/16th

Id love that 7810 that was rumored to be coming to arrive !

Now that would be a nice model to arrive in 2014, John 8)  8), I'm sure it would be a good seller for UH even to those "blue men" who prefer 32nd, seems daft leaving the blue line at the 7600...... 3/4 of the tooling already exists for a bubble cabbed version...... surely it wouldn't cost UH the earth to do the tooling for the cab and floorpan  as the  original 5000/7000/7600 chassis tooling must have paid for itself many times over. ::)  and that would open up a whole new list of possibilities for conversions ;)

Now that would be a nice model to arrive in 2014, John 8)  8), I'm sure it would be a good seller for UH even to those "blue men" who prefer 32nd, seems daft leaving the blue line at the 7600...... 3/4 of the tooling already exists for a bubble cabbed version...... surely it wouldn't cost UH the earth to do the tooling for the cab and floorpan  as the  original 5000/7000/7600 chassis tooling must have paid for itself many times over. ::)  and that would open up a whole new list of possibilities for conversions ;)

If they were to produce  bubble Q-cab 7A2 Fords 6600 /7600 etc ,they could even follow on then with the I0 Series Gen 1s. All it would be is tooling for a front grill & decals!!!! And a 3cyl FORD please UH.!!!! Whats was Fords best selling tractor of all time ??  THE 4000!!!!!

uh have a open book in terms of what they could do in 16th, given all the classics they do already in 32nd so have the rights to,  I do hope though they start adding more features on what ever they make, after all, you can get opening doors, windows etc on a good selection of 32nd scale models now, so why not in the 16th, which in my eyes should be a lot easier to make anyway, if they started adding bits like this to say the ford 7600/7000 they did, or the ih's they did I would consider adding any fergys they did then, especially if its the older 100 / 500 600 series stuff, best of them all, a nice mf1250 but I doubt I will ever see that

You hit the nail on the head Sean.... Ok up to press the 16th's haven't been too bad of a model without too many cock-ups but like you so rightly say opening doors and windows would improve the overall WOW factor..... there would be the odd mistake if UH said they were doing a 16th 550 following on from from previous 135, etc and quite a few would buy as a 16th 550 is different.... but quite a few more would bite the bullet if the tractors had extra features such as the open doors/windows :)...... the one niggle I have with UH is the number of fergy tractors that they've done in 16th in so many different colour schemes........ :-

Mistakes will always happen as to find a 1000% real tractor of the age they are making is nigh on I possable,so many bit get swapped over the years by owners , even some of the best restore jobs will not be perfect despite what the owners may say, the mf135 they did had round arches, which I only ever remember being on very early ones model was mid life version , and that was a agco museam one they restored , that's how hard it is now. So you can not really blame uh for them issues , modern stuff should never be wrong given it's all computer design so it's a simple scale down job

According to Tyro-Toys website, this pair was due December 2013........ The long awaited Nuffield 10/60 and a Hi winged version of the MF 50??

post-3371-0-34377300-1390720591_thumb.jp

post-3371-0-78501500-1390720643_thumb.jp

How hard of a job do you reckon a scale up job would be the Sean?? ::) Just say for instance the Ford 7810. If that's on a CAD system somewhere in the bowels of UH design.... then surely it wouldn't take much to double the dimensions on the screen to produce a set off masters for a 16th version?? ::) If UH did go that route and do the 7810 then it would open up the tooling to allow bigger versions of the 10 series that's currently in the 32nd program. I'm sure if UH got into a few more of the Classics in 16th then they'd sell a good few, not just Fords but as you said some of the Classic MF's too.. If UH were to pick the right tractors they could get a hell of a lot of models out of each tooling set, and therefore spread the initial costs over many releases......

Rule of thumb a UH 16th is around the £60 mark..... a lot of 32nd getting up to £38 ish If UH could do a 16th  MF 590 or Bubble cabbed 7600 say for £80-£85 with the opening doors/window etc, I reckon they'd sell like hot cakes :)

• 2 months later...

there's a picture of it in the latest uh brouchure Justin, and  it was the discussion at the recent Malvern show between some of us, now it does say prototype on the pic, but to us it just looked like the ford 7600 with 5000 decals on the bonnet, and a 5000 grill, it still has the window in the back of the cab( thought they had a roll down sheet) and the wheels looked way to big for it to?? if I get time tomorrow I will try and scan it for you, unless someone beats me to it

there's a picture of it in the latest uh brouchure Justin, and  it was the discussion at the recent Malvern show between some of us, now it does say prototype on the pic, but to us it just looked like the ford 7600 with 5000 decals on the bonnet, and a 5000 grill, it still has the window in the back of the cab( thought they had a roll down sheet) and the wheels looked way to big for it to?? if I get time tomorrow I will try and scan it for you, unless someone beats me to it

Cheers thanks Sean. I only found out about its release  today when reading the May issue of Classic tractor. Never knew one was due .  ;)

• 7 months later...

The long awaited 16th scale Ford 5000 is now available, G&M have it in stock along with the ltd edition version of the Fordson E27N and both Farmer Ed and Martyn's Farm Models had the 5000 for sale at the Newark tractor show yesterday. Didn't purchase one though as I've a couple to collect (Hopefully ;)) at the Lakeland show next weekend :)

I don't think there are any detail changes to the actual tractor itself Jack.... although it wouldn't surprise me if there wasn't either....  like you say a fancy box and a bit of a certificate. This year UH seemed to have dropped a lot of the 16th models out of the catalogue for some reason ::)

• 10 months later...
  • robbo unpinned this topic

Archived