Alex's Antics

Oakley Farms

Do I get the 10 point's Alex,

Alex%20M%201_zpsxhgmvl7g.jpg

Bring's back old memories,I could smell the ammonia watching that,are there 150 chick's in each box Alex,if memory serves we put 16.000 in each end,back in the day, ;)

Regards

Joe.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting that you mention farmers are harvesting wholecrop on nearly fit wheat...........that explains why last week I spied a Norfolk contractor harvesting wheat with a 960 Jaguar and a fleet of MF6499, 7624s (A rare sight these days)..............sadly it wasn't convenient for me to stop and take pics.

• 1 month later...

2 videos taken in my local area, first up is neighbouring farmer Jamie Pullen harvesting spuds with our old self propelled Grimme before we changed for the Varitron 220. Previous to us it was a PJ Lee machine. Next up is Hopkins Agriculture with their complete harvesting outfit, the chaser driver Dean used to work for us.

I liked your chicken shed Alex puts mine to shame was going to put picture up but cant work out how to do it since the upgrade have to wait till my son comes round to show me how also spotted you in picture so can I claim my ten points as well so I  can put them with my NRoSO points and if I get a few more I think I can claim a cuddly toy haha

Smithy, it is much the same as the old forum.

Click in the "reply" box and the either add them directly from your computer using the paper clip or post the link from Photobucket, both will give similar results

SAM_3357.JPG

Smithy, it is much the same as the old forum.

Click in the "reply" box and the either add them directly from your computer using the paper clip or post the link from Photobucket, both will give similar results

SAM_3357.JPG

Thanks Robbo but for some reason mines not working also I like the valtra  if I ever won the lottery one of them would be coming my way

Oh no no no Smithster, surely you can refine your taste than that litter! When Dale Winton drops the cheque round give me a bell and i'll help you choose, off to the Fendt dealer to tick the "Design Line" box on the spec sheet ;)

well if I did win I would let you now so you could help choose a fendt but would still have a Valtra just to have something different ,got loads of valtras in model form

You can with that one and our 220 because it has two row crops on the front, however you still need a trailer beside, the 270 our other neighbour has where you don't need a trailer beside you as it has the 7t bunker on has one big tyre on the front which squashes a bed as it opens out. 

image.thumb.jpg.514dd830976aa6cf75d244d7image.thumb.jpg.dd6767ccb952655344f41891

• 2 weeks later...

Something a bit different and not farm related but wanted to share what i used to get up to at this time of year. Every year from the last weekend in September to the first week in November here in Somerset certain towns hold a carnival. The town of Bridgwater is the biggest illuminated carnival in the world with over 70 floats. I used to belong to an Ilminster based club who built the float in a specially constructed shed on my grandads farm. All clubs compete against each other and the club i was in was very sucessful over the years, these floats take a year to build, every year we pick a different theme, design and music around christmas and then start the engineering. The entry is 100ft long, 11ft wide and 16ft high consisting of three parts, a decorated tractor, in this case was a ford 7710 dual power which we converted to forward control, the main float trailer and then the generator trailer at the rear, the generator is a 18t 750kva 1007hp engine,  these are hitched together for the procession but split down into 3 for road travel, out total gross weight was around 43t, we were not aloud over 50. I was in the club for 8 years and was the clubs tractor driver for 5 years aswell as being road crew captin for 3 of those being responsible for the braking systems, hubs, axles, etc the roadworthiness of the outfit, 10-12 ground crew people, and making sure the float gets out the shed, gets to the carnivals, links together, gets through the procession with no hitches and then back home and put away in the shed for 11 carnivals. Here are videos  of the floats i drove from 2007 Disco Mania, 08 Festival of the Lion King,  09 Incantation, 10 Gepettos Workshop and 11 Yer Tis.

• 2 weeks later...

Fendt need to do something with their cab roofs me thinks...................the 900s is still the same as the 2005 prototype that first appeared in profi magazine...........it looks very square and boring now imo!   Cant believe the new 1000 series is stuck with same roof, especially after they've designed such a futuristic new bonnet for it, ............spoils the look of the tractor for me.........................................and four years on I still hate the 700s "bald" front windscreen /roof.............................they should've kept it as an option only for those who use front loaders! ...............................That's better I needed a good gripe at Fendts expense;D

Just had a second look at your carnival floats ,WOW the work that goes into them must be a challenge my wife is getting on to me now to take the grandchildren down to one of them are they still going on next year?.Also congratulations on your Business Award

Archived