What's Your Latest Farm/Construction Buy for 2015?

Gav836

• Replies 956
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Spalding purchases were;

1822 Britain's Oak Tree x 2 in original packaging,

42704 Britain's Aberdeen Angus Cattle,

42264 Britain's Big Square Bales'

42717 Britain's Sack Pallets'

42736 Briain's Shepherd and Hurdle Set'

00366 Britain's Super Value Pack (cica 1999/2000)I think including,09488 New Holland 8560,09453 JCB Skid Steer,

09483 Freelander Hard Top, and Freelander Softop.

tractorman314.

spalding buys

brushwood hege and shrub foliage

kids globe wind turbine

sumo front weight dave towse

log spitter dave towse

and that's it!

Nice buys well done you should have come and said hello/introduced yourself as I was in main hall helping Martyn

latest spalding buys

G&M FARM MODELS 1960 FORDSON DEXTA 1-16 Scale

BRIAN NORMAN MASSY FERGUSON 35

BRIAN NORMAN NUFFIELD UNIVERSAL

BRITAINS LANZ D6006 DIESEL  TRACTOR

ERTL STEIGER WILDCAT (unboxed)

SIKU JOHN DEERE 6920S (IN PINK)

will post pictures later tonight

The new Fendt 724 Vario S4 (2015 edition) from Universal Hobbies finally decided to turn up today! It is a very nice model and for once I can't pick many holes in it, despite it being from Mr. UH.

As a comparison I have put it side by side with the older Schuco 724. I have the first gen. model in the uncorrect grey. Later ones look better. So which is best? It doesn't really matter it turns out IMO. They both have their good and bad points.

UH 724           Schuco 724

2 beacons      1 beacon

Better colour   Wider wheels

Nicer interiour Nicer linkage arms

Nicer back end Nicer no. plate

Proper lights

Better mirrors (smaller)

Bonnet more sturdy

Sadly the UH doesn't have opening doors or a rear window and the front hitch doesn't move with me, but it does come with a top link. The lift arms on both the front and rear on Schuco's effort are much nicer.

We will just have to wait for Wikings version ;D

post-755-0-36329300-1428430257_thumb.jpg

post-755-0-08915600-1428430259_thumb.jpg

post-755-0-95492400-1428430260_thumb.jpg

post-755-0-53471100-1428430262_thumb.jpg

post-755-0-64875500-1428430264_thumb.jpg

post-755-0-60439400-1428430266_thumb.jpg

Schuco rear links are next to useless!!  UH much more effective,but a little crude....................The UH cab looks a  bit narrow to me in comparison to the schuco.

I prefer my Schuco version, which I corrected the various light grey parts with a few shades of grey ::)......................I must put a more recent picture of it up as I changed the  rear wheels with a 820 models.   That was because most of the new 700 Fendts round here run on R42 rears not R38s and look better for it I think.

I would think the best 724 buy now would be the "revised" Schuco 724 which had corrected a lot of the original models short comings.

@Paul: It has the pistons but doesn't go up or down on my model. The linkage arms can fold up but one won't stay up with me.

@John; Yes you probably could. Can't see why that is an issue. Also varies per implement usually. The UH has a proper pin on the back for mounting trailed implements. The Schuco has a Scharmüller ball coupling.

@Phil: I find the Schuco hitch is alright? Not perfect but can't say I have had issues with it. Looks a little more realistic, why I prefer it but more difficult for trailed machinery. Since you mentioned sizes I measured up both models. Measurements are identical, despite what the pictures show. I can see why you reckon the UH cab is smaller. This is because the cab pillars on the Schuco are 1,5mm and on the UH they are 3mm, making the window area smaller. Which is correct I wouldn't know. Otherwise size wise they are both spot on!

not a buy,as i was luckily given these,wiking fendt wheels and tyres to put on my fendt 828 2014 version,which i have not even taken out of the box,and not until Joe (catkom) brought up about the 2014 tyres,hardly touching the ground,Joe if you read this does it effect the front tyres as well?,i done really well here,as i only expected the rear tyres,the wheels/tyres are from a pre facelift fendt 828

post-1769-0-95912400-1428947386_thumb.jp

I have picked up tonight from MARTYNS FARM MODELS

Britains slurry tanker roadside

Replicagri Claas markant 65 baler

U/H Ford 6610 gen ii 4wd

All come from MARTYNS FARM MODELS

Will post pictures in Smithys collection

(martyn said I get commission the more times I print his name )

Archived