Martin's collection.

I've done and am planing on doing a few ford conversions and building up a ford themed collection so I thought I would put it into one thread Hopefully I will be getting a display cabinet so they aren't just left boxed up in the loft and I can get a few pics of them together.. Here are a couple to start it off.

First is a simple one, a UH 8830 with bigger tyres. The second requires decals but will become a 9700.

post-4142-0-52045300-1423357698_thumb.jppost-4142-0-32707800-1423357768_thumb.jp

Edited by mb86
  • Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Here are my current projects. Marge 5610 becoming a 7610, put bigger tyres on, it just requires decals now and I may fit something else if it fits. The other is a 2wd 7810 made out of a marge 6610 and a spare chassis and bonnet cut and joined with an artisan32 front axle and bigger rear tyres. Put a UH 7810 in the pics as a comparison. You can see the marge models are slightly bigger. I intended to use a UH bonnet on the 2wd convo but being a little smaller it wasn't going to look right.

Martin.post-4142-0-77511000-1424387950_thumb.jppost-4142-0-77248900-1424388009_thumb.jppost-4142-0-14861300-1424388211_thumb.jppost-4142-0-16828700-1424388313_thumb.jp

• Like 2

I've only been in one once when we hired one to lead a few loads of straw and I thought it was a cracking tractor although we had all leylands back then. A few contractors have had them round us and put a lot of hours on them. Local farm had a SJ but there wasn't any 2wd ones round here.

Got some primer on the front axle at lunchtime.post-4142-0-66762200-1424454554_thumb.jp

• 1 month later...

Started this TW 15 force II tonight, It is a Britains TW 15 with TW 35 front axle to get more accurate wheel centres ant mudguards, TW 35 near side steps so it now has 3 steps into the cab which is a marge one. I will change the rear wheels for UH ones and maybe add a front weight carrier from a marge 10 series. I will also be painting the grille and air intake, raising the bonnet and giving it new decals. Might change the tyres if I can find some that look better.post-4142-0-60380300-1427414451_thumb.jp

• Like 5

Thanks Paul, It wasn't too expensive till today as the valtra I got to use the tyres from are too big for the pavt ford centres. I was in two minds about breaking up the TW 35 but the bits swapped over and my son can have it to play with. I have been keen to have a force II 15 in my collection as we have one on the farm and I have my eye on a couple of conversions by other people as well.

Here is a pic of our beastpost-4142-0-74980900-1427487751_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Thanks lads. I don't know how quick this one will progress as we have started lambing.

I love our T-dub, hope to get it done up at some point in the not too distant future as it has a bit of rust coming through under the window rubbers as most do and the mudguards need replacing.

Bluegreen- are we allowed a clue as to what you are planning?

That is a good idea Paul, I will have to do that.

Thanks James I have put you some pics up in the "what have you been doing....." Thread.

Here is a couple of pics of the TW with uh pavt centres and some tyres I found in my parts boxes test fitted. I have also lifted the bonnet and cab and test fitted everything. I will respray the rear centres like Paul (paulali) has on his brilliant ford convos, I'm undecided weather to respray the whole model as the Britains bonnet doesn't quite match the cab but is close.post-4142-0-24697400-1427625540_thumb.jppost-4142-0-13442900-1427625584_thumb.jp

• Like 3

Thanks again lads. I know it looks like a good match in the pics but you can see a slight difference in a better light. The problem will be finding a match so I will have to see what the genuine ford blue looks like. I'll have to paint the bits of plastruct anyway. I might even send it away to get done properly.

• 1 month later...

Thanks Justin. I'm itching to get it finished but struggling to find time to sit down and get it done.

It would mark, I'm sure I have seen a scratch builder on Facebook building them but I can't remember who. I have a Britains convo of one somewhere, think I'll have to fish it out later.