Martin's collection.

Thanks Sean, Paul and Chris. 

Sean- yes I have either the imber weight block or I think I'll probably build a frame for some marge weights. 

Chris- just ask if there is anything you want to know. I'd thought about getting a handful of bonnets casted as I used two to make that one, but wouldn't know where to get them done in a small quantity or even if it would be cheaper just to butcher two tractors and join their bonnets each time. 

1 hour ago, chris.watson said:

Thanks Martin, I am sure there is someone on here who can advise on a good maker for the bonnets. The decals on yours look the part, really finish the model off well.

Thanks, decals were made by Henri walker

43 minutes ago, MadMark said:

A nice press on the front of the 8210 would finish it off 

Yes it would, something like this

image.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks Paul. You never know you might get one in 16th one day!

Sean, they look to me a bit over scaled or at least they seem quite tall although you have now got me thinking. Isn't there a tw 25 with ransomes push pulls? What id really like is a 4f dp8 like the one I have but the only way I can think of doing it accurately is to use scaledown legs, bodies, skims and discs, scratchbuilt beam and landwheel and I'm head scratching over what to use as headstock. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, mb86 said:

Very nice, I can almost hear her roar!!! I've seen the pic of that dbp county before, it is fantastic though. I'm going to have to look into this further and find what i would need.

It isn't to difficult Martin,I used three of these Siku Lemken Euro Opals to make this Överum push pull set up,

Lemken%20Euro%20Opal_zpshb2imxuf.jpg

1035HP7.jpg

Regards

Joe.

• Like 1

Have you altered the front plough apart from turning the bodies and the 3pt hitch?

This months classic tractor has been delivered today and there is a feature in there of two county 1184s with dowdeswell and like the one in marks link, ransomes push pull ploughs, so it will be a good reference. 

9 minutes ago, mb86 said:

Have you altered the front plough apart from turning the bodies and the 3pt hitch?

This months classic tractor has been delivered today and there is a feature in there of two county 1184s with dowdeswell and like the one in marks link, ransomes push pull ploughs, so it will be a good reference. 

I think I just turned the mould boards on all four plough bodies and put the wheel where the fifth one was,added some blue paint and put on aluminium pipes to represent the hydraulics,and some thin rubber tubing for the hoses,

1035HP4.jpg

Regards

Joe.

21 hours ago, mb86 said:

Thanks Paul. You never know you might get one in 16th one day!

Sean, they look to me a bit over scaled or at least they seem quite tall although you have now got me thinking. Isn't there a tw 25 with ransomes push pulls? What id really like is a 4f dp8 like the one I have but the only way I can think of doing it accurately is to use scaledown legs, bodies, skims and discs, scratchbuilt beam and landwheel and I'm head scratching over what to use as headstock. 

dont think they are over scaled but they do appear high, think it's down to them being full 3 point mounted, so allow for in the ground so to speak to, have a feeling I have seen a convo done somewhere with them ,and Martin reeves mentioned doing the same number at some point to for his county's he's done in the past 

It looks smart joe, not an expensive model to chop up either. 

The replicagri is looking like a string contender for a conversion Sean. I had wanted to do dowse swell but think I might try a pair of ransomes, their headstock looks an easier style to convert  another make to. 

I saw those mark, it will be a good help. The feature on 80s tractors is to my liking too. Actually the whole mag is great.  Here is a link to a vid of the county's ploughing. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RkLP70Vo23o

• Like 1