Martin's collection.

6 minutes ago, mb86 said:

Have done the same many a time in the past, trying to cover the bit dad said to keep off as it was too wet. Come to think of it there was a bit of red paint left under the chain guard where it was always oily, would like a model of one if I could find some photos to get it accurate. 

Bet photos will be a pain to find I think the Bamford spreader images are fairly sparse on the internet. I’ve a brochure here for a small single axle one. I would consider building the twin axle one and probably make about 5 others too.. one weathered of course ;) 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cheshire Farm Models said:

Bet photos will be a pain to find I think the Bamford spreader images are fairly sparse on the internet. I’ve a brochure here for a small single axle one. I would consider building the twin axle one and probably make about 5 others too.. one weathered of course ;) 

I've seen the single axle brochures, possibly the twin axle was an option on the same barrel size it was a similar size to a Howard 150 dad said, but it was a long time ago. Keep meaning to ask on the page on faceslap, see if anyone on there can shed some light. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, mb86 said:

I've seen the single axle brochures, possibly the twin axle was an option on the same barrel size it was a similar size to a Howard 150 dad said, but it was a long time ago. Keep meaning to ask on the page on faceslap, see if anyone on there can shed some light. 

Would be interesting to see. Although there fairly small a twin axle on a smaller spreader was still a good idea. There still a good weight once fully loaded up. And the thin tyre Howard’s were a pain for us haha

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cheshire Farm Models said:

Would be interesting to see. Although there fairly small a twin axle on a smaller spreader was still a good idea. There still a good weight once fully loaded up. And the thin tyre Howard’s were a pain for us haha

Will have to do a bit more digging, I'm sure we haven't any photos of it but will check. 

• Like 1

Thanks lads, they really are beauty's. John, the door is always open, it ain't so bad over this side. :D . The plough suits it's her perfect Sam, think there would be a county demo outfit like this, will have to look in my books. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cheshire Farm Models said:

A yellow Britain’s Shawnee Poole dump trailer would look the business on that detailed up with different wheels  too 

That would be an impressive combination Sam, wouldn't like to do any modification to the tractor mind. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, prickles said:

nice models I'm lucky enough to have 20 dip tractors  but don't do yellow or gold

They are nick. I don't deviate from blue as a rule but I couldn't say no to this beauty and there was the real ones this colour.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, prickles said:

i don't blame you if it was offered i do have gold 1174  jubilee version

Now I'm thinking a muir hill 101 would sit nicely beside her as she is a bit lonely being the only yellow in the collection.

• Like 3

Cheers mate. Aye you can't beat a nice pair :D. These sort of found me really, have a good pal who is wanting a few of his models to go somewhere where they will be looked after. At least he can pop round see them anytime he wants when they haven't gone far. A bit like a hidden collection, actually that's not a bad idea, anyone fancy looking after a few models for me so mrs mb86 doesn't find them and we will smuggle them in one at a time. ;):D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Like the tint on the last two photo's Martin, gives a bit of an age feel to them as if they were taken back in the day :)  Nice additions you keep finding :)

Thanks Paul mate, I've tried to turn them black and white but it doesn't look right. Very nice indeed, they have been well looked after by their previous owner too, all in fully working order :D. I couldn't refuse giving these a good home. 

• Like 2