Martin's collection.

Nice looking trailer Martin, will be a cracking match to your 717 for a proper classic rig, i'm sure Justin will agree a 4000  or 4600 would look the 'berries on that trailer :)  though If your going back to your teenage memories in 32nd models won't you be in need of adding a Leyland or two to the collection ;):D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Nice looking trailer Martin, will be a cracking match to your 717 for a proper classic rig, i'm sure Justin will agree a 4000  or 4600 would look the 'berries on that trailer :)  though If your going back to your teenage memories in 32nd models won't you be in need of adding a Leyland or two to the collection ;):D

Cheers, this, the Pettit and a couple of the converted britains trailers I bought a while back should make for a grand team although I don't think a 4000 would be man enough for full loads on some of the slopes here. The extra weight and power of a 5000 would be just the job;)B)

• Like 2

Glad you like it mate. Some hours in that little bugger ! Hopefully I can get them cast up next with the silage sides be nice for people to have the set then and even just the basic lower sided version.  

Ps, you may need another trailer with the mesh knocked out the front after Penrith ;) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can see where the time has gone, lots of fiddly work building it with all the detail included. I hadn't thought about it but luckily the front is just low enough for the 717 to blow the grass in. 

If you are aiming for a full set then there was also the flatbed option with the rear bed extension and front and rear racks. Maybe a grain version would find it's way to the collection in the future if they are still available. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the comments and likes all, pleased it has raised a smile and not got me thrown off the site. ;):D

13 minutes ago, Fenside MF said:

that weeks silage trailer is mega mate ;)

Thanks Jamie, Sam has done a cracking job. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, bluegreen said:

The Imber wheels look so much better on the 4 cylinder Fords than Marges and UHs for that matter,  Im in the process of putting a set on a 6410 and it really improves the appearance of the model:)

They matched the UH front axle perfectly on this one so she is sat nice and level. The marge originals are just too narrow for my liking and the fronts are just wrong altogether. 

Very nice Martin, they look a lovely set-up, bet you wouldn't mind that FC sat in the shed at home! I have to confess that i keep getting the urge to do the odd blue one or two, but so far the medication seems to be helping me to resist!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 844john said:

Very nice Martin, they look a lovely set-up, bet you wouldn't mind that FC sat in the shed at home! I have to confess that i keep getting the urge to do the odd blue one or two, but so far the medication seems to be helping me to resist!

Thanks john, I would certainly give an FC a loving home, it'd be a useful tool and more so with a tank mounted on her although id have to pick my path very carefully on some of the land here. Embrace the blue, the medication is obviously clouding your judgement.;):D

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...