MF 510 combine, Chestnut minitures .

Hoss

Evening all, I'm trying to track down a Chestnut minitures Massey Ferguson 510 combine but having no luck at all. Would be grateful for any information leading to one !! ha ha!. Have scaled the internet but I guess everyone must holding on to them. Did hear a year or so ago that they had some more unbuilt kits that might be built & released but nothing since.

Thanks . H.post-3402-0-78717200-1441046371_thumb.jp

Just realised I've posted this in wrong topic !! Oh dear. How are you Chris ? Glad to hear all is safely gathered in your way, we still got bit to go yet ! . Kick myself for not getting one when released, had couple chances at Spalding show. Spent hours & hours riding with my Dad on those ole things as a teenager at Littlebury North Essex, had 2 x 510's & a 515.

Just realised I've posted this in wrong topic !! Oh dear. How are you Chris ? Glad to hear all is safely gathered in your way, we still got bit to go yet ! . Kick myself for not getting one when released, had couple chances at Spalding show. Spent hours & hours riding with my Dad on those ole things as a teenager at Littlebury North Essex, had 2 x 510's & a 515.

i am very well thanks Mick. A dry spell would be very welcome. We used to run a 510 when I was a lad here on this farm, never drove it but the 525 that replaced it was the first combine I ever drove. Can't believe that a main stream maker hasn't been interested in producing these machines in model form.

I have one, but sadly its not for sale, to the best of my knowledge myself and marky (lord ferguson) had the last two he was going to make , direct from the man himself . I have no 124 and marky no 125, at the time the moulds etc he used had run out ,so ours were made of a various parts left, even then we had to wait 6 months after he agreed to do them.

They were quite pricey I seem to recall, around £250? Not the sort of thing to be bought on spec so probably bought for keeps. You never know though...I would agree that something like a 525 would be very popular, odd it's been overlooked.

They were quite pricey I seem to recall, around £250? Not the sort of thing to be bought on spec so probably bought for keeps. You never know though...I would agree that something like a 525 would be very popular, odd it's been overlooked.

we really could do with Britains having a look at making these older classic combines Joe, they would be affordable and a great base model for people to tinker with.

When it comes to Britains - I would think for a lot of us on here as kids, MF 760's were prominent features in our carpet farms, so why not a more up do date/detailed version of that classic?

Sorry doesn't help Hoss in his quest though - maybe put a wanted ad in Classic Tractor, and see where that gets you?

Classic combines made this in all brass 15 years ago I guess now maybe more only 20 I guess made? Sold most of these back then. All drop side with removable tail gate.

I thought they only did 16th scale at classic combines?

• 2 years later...
On 31/08/2015 at 9:19 PM, Tractorman810 said:

I have one, but sadly its not for sale, to the best of my knowledge myself and marky (lord ferguson) had the last two he was going to make , direct from the man himself . I have no 124 and marky no 125, at the time the moulds etc he used had run out ,so ours were made of a various parts left, even then we had to wait 6 months after he agreed to do them.

I've still got mine and I'd be willing to sell it.... for the right money.. it's never been out of the box ! ... and if Sean's right... then it's the last ever one !

5 minutes ago, Lord Ferguson said:

I've still got mine and I'd be willing to sell it.... for the right money.. it's never been out of the box ! ... and if Sean's right... then it's the last ever one !

Get it sold marky....as soon as 3D printers really get going in a year or two, people will be churning them out mate :D:D

Archived