Universal Hobbies New Releases in 1/32 for 2016

robbo

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know I shouldn't now, but those pics from nath are the best I have seen of the new uh one  to allow me to look at it and pics of the real ones, and compair  them , now this isn't meant to start a war or anything but the only thing I can see wrong with the bonnet of the new one from uh is the way the lines/groves in the black front grill shape , the new one in real form has a curve to it on each grove in the middle/ front of the grill  , and the ends of the light unit on the new one are rounded a bit More and  bulge slightly ,  where as uh's new one are squarish , and the groves/lines are straight . looking at pics of real old versions the black grill /light area is the same as uh's new one thus making it wrong ,but shape wise they to me look fine. So they seem to have sorted the roof issue but not updated the minor grill changes case have made, 

The verdict is in.....................drum roll please......................it sucks!!

Cab is vast improvement over 230......................but as for that bonnet>:(  Arghhh!! 

Just compare it to the Britains correct bulbous curvy one on the 225cvx and you can see how poor UHs effort is>:(

So if I want a good Puma I will have too buy a UH 240 and a Britains 225 and hope the bonnet can be switched neatly onto the UH, then remove its decals, get Pete or someone to spray the whole tractor CASE red because Britains and UHs Case colours do not match............then get it re decaled and then sought that ghastly c*ck up of a front linkage out!!    That all will cost plenty of money and effort:-....................its just disappointing because the Puma is as good looking a tractor  as any from the past 10 years and deserved so much better.

And don't get me started on that long wheelbase McMac MTX175  rehashed (yet again) this time as a black short wheelbase:of Case mx135>:(

Its a good job UH released the excellent new NH T7s and Amazone Cayron plough before the above blunders!

Other than this lot Ive had a pretty good day;D

12 hours ago, gravedigger said:

The roof and decal are the only new things what have changed on the puma. For the rest is it still the same old Puma 230.

The Kubota plough is an repainted Kverneland, so nothibg new on that one.

Thanks for the info Arno 

16 hours ago, bluegreen said:

The verdict is in.....................drum roll please......................it sucks!!

Cab is vast improvement over 230......................but as for that bonnet>:(  Arghhh!! 

Just compare it to the Britains correct bulbous curvy one on the 225cvx and you can see how poor UHs effort is>:(

So if I want a good Puma I will have too buy a UH 240 and a Britains 225 and hope the bonnet can be switched neatly onto the UH, then remove its decals, get Pete or someone to spray the whole tractor CASE red because Britains and UHs Case colours do not match............then get it re decaled and then sought that ghastly c*ck up of a front linkage out!!    That all will cost plenty of money and effort:-....................its just disappointing because the Puma is as good looking a tractor  as any from the past 10 years and deserved so much better.

And don't get me started on that long wheelbase McMac MTX175  rehashed (yet again) this time as a black short wheelbase:of Case mx135>:(

Its a good job UH released the excellent new NH T7s and Amazone Cayron plough before the above blunders!

Other than this lot Ive had a pretty good day;D

Think I may have a go at one too.......

1, UH 240

2, Britains 225 (got)

3, Re-paint

4, New decals

I'll do a topic when I get to it!

I wouldnt bother  Barry , I sat looking at pics last night and to me when you compair the britains one to the real deal with a good side on shot it's worse than the uh one mate, lights are the wrong shape as are uh which in turn throws the lines in the bonnet out , plus the bonnet angle on the britains on e is like a ski jump compaired to the real one, I will start a topic or post he pics I found when I get home , both versions (uh or britains ) are wrong in the grill area mainly owning to the light shape which should apear almost like angry eyes so to speak, this In turn puts the cast/painted groves ( swag lines is it ?? ) to straight ones when they should follow the lights shape, but the britains one is to angled slope wise , the uh is a better basic shape. I think the grill being wrong throws it out look wise ,  not the shape . 

In that case, Lottery win -----> start my own model company ------> obtain the rights for Case Puma, Optum and Magnum ------> make them myself!!!

Or, obtain the rights ------> pay Weise to make them!!

It's not easy is it,no ones ever going to please every customer, with the last uh version the cab roof was way off, it was easy to see, but I don't remember any issues with the bonnet,I may be wrong, uh have not changed it in any way for the new one,the roof is spot on pretty much but now the bonnets wrong, I get phill comment on the front linkage it looks a bit odd, might just be the angle of the pics, but to my eye the bonnet looks just fine bar the grill and light detail 

19 hours ago, gravedigger said:

Funny you call me who??

It's just that your IP address , a very unique ID  to a persons internet connection , matches a person that was banned the same day you joined for being a little bit silly over something really daft  that's all. Shame as he was a pretty well like member to , Weirdly your emails very similar to ??? , hey ho maybe the sofisticated software we use has it wrong ::) 

22 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

It's just that your IP address , a very unique ID  to a persons internet connection , matches a person that was banned the same day you joined for being a little bit silly over something really daft  that's all. Shame as he was a pretty well like member to , Weirdly your emails very similar to ??? , hey ho maybe the sofisticated software we use has it wrong ::) 

why oh why do people throw their toys out of the pram and then want to come back, your not the first Arno, so don't worry, a few others on here have felt unloved at sometime or another and come crawling back. We will all get the hump sometime with people's comments, just take a day or so to think it through and then carry on.  By the way, what's happened to the Moira forum ? Haven't heard it mentioned in ages.

ditch the gravedigger Arno and return as valtrajohnie. Even Atte has made a welcome return lately...

Archived