Universal Hobbies New Releases in 1/32 for 2016

robbo

19 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

I doubt any company would to be honest, I get its not right? Ok I can't see what so to speak , but in real terms if they have not swapped it then why would any makers in 1/32 . I am guessing they sell well otherwise they wouldn't make them .if you want it swapped then don't buy it,sales drop and with luck they may listen,however for that to work you need everyone in uh's world wide market place to do the same,which would be nigh on impossible I recon, as there will always be a case Ih  ford Massey etc , nut out there that will buy no matter what.i am happy  to say I don't buy anything from uh that's not right Massey wise ,not bought a 399 or others , just because it's majorly wrong, something minor I can sort then I would buy . But that will not stop uh making them , in terms of cabs they have long been a issue to make,especially as they get finer  in terms of steel works etc, the wastage in getting them right is huge, it's something myself and  Andy were talking about at zwolle , with a item he's doing, the factory's really worried about the wastage of in-proper finished frames due to the thinness  of it,and that's a older model too, they had better bigger  metal work, I can sort of see when a factory gets it close enough that they stop wasting cash on moulds , how far do you go throwing money away till its right. This isn't defending anyone especially in modern stuff that's all computer cad designed ,it should be simple, to descale that into 32nd, but unless you have tried to make a bonnet or cab,or cast these in bulk people do not really understand how hard it can be. these guys are doing it  on a huge scale 

You see the problem is Sean..there should be no excuses to getting so wrong in the first place & having so much waste... When have we ever heard of Weise , Schuco or even Replicagri & ROS  getting very wrong... It seems to be a problem that has been haunting UH with the last 4 years or so & they dont seem to care... I would love a to have a nice detailed accurate  Puma in my own collection.. unfortunately UH ended up doing them & done a bad job. So I aint getting a Puma for now anyway... Then you have UH pushing up the prices of their models alot also which dont help ether..  Sometimes UH get it spot on & other times pretty bad.. The Puma could be better ...I think ROS after doing the  NH T7s which are cousin of the big Puma ...could give us a far better Puma at a slightly cheaper price than UH to be honest.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It'd be great to see some of the infomation you've mentioned on what's going into producing a mass produced model in the Scale Farmer topic. Its one of those more secretive parts of the hobby where there's an opportunity to reveal a bit more about it. I know Andy will be busy with actually sorting the model rather than posting about it but it'd be nice to see a write up on what went into it on the forum or in model farmer mag once its finished.

When you think about it though Justin,replicagri,Schuco and Weise as such have mostly,not fully,only really done older stuff,with big framed cabs,straight panel bonnet ect, not modern curvy stuff, simple to work items. Yes they have bits wrong, like wheels?? And plenty of other small bits and bobs , but they are all very small items, we as a whole choose to ignore them maybe?? As to a whole for us the models are spot on, uh have no excuse with the puma, or  nh' and the rest, it's modern cad designed stuff simple scale alterations, as I said we could stop it happening, just don't buy it, tell them why, but you would need a huge euro wide effort at the least for it to happen, if it was your company,and a selection of people moaned that a bonnet didn't look right even though it's been done from makers plans ,say1% of your market, but every one else was buying that product ,not complaining  about anything bar a broken one in delivery or what ever . would you spend say 150k  or more on developing a new mould then  having it made ??  I suspect not 

3 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

When you think about it though Justin,replicagri,Schuco and Weise as such have mostly,not fully,only really done older stuff,with big framed cabs,straight panel bonnet ect, not modern curvy stuff, simple to work items. Yes they have bits wrong, like wheels?? And plenty of other small bits and bobs , but they are all very small items, we as a whole choose to ignore them maybe?? As to a whole for us the models are spot on, uh have no excuse with the puma, or  nh' and the rest, it's modern cad designed stuff simple scale alterations, as I said we could stop it happening, just don't buy it, tell them why, but you would need a huge euro wide effort at the least for it to happen, if it was your company,and a selection of people moaned that a bonnet didn't look right even though it's been done from makers plans ,say1% of your market, but every one else was buying that product ,not complaining  about anything bar a broken one in delivery or what ever . would you spend say 150k  or more on developing a new mould then  having it made ??  I suspect not 

I see what you mean Sean.. But in general its unacceptable for model makers UH to have it wrong  & for it to happen so often  ... If it were Britains or Siku being Toy Makers more so... then fair enough.. They are cheap.. UH are not cheap ..so you would expect a good fine model for the money.. UH market themselfs.. for those who prefer the finest.  ...are the really as fine as they say they are ?????  Take the new WIKING Valtra T Series... very curvy model & also a very good model & reasonably priced.. Compare the Puma to it !!

I just dont like the way UH have this opportunist nature about them & in turn ruin models ..  ..Models that other brands could have done far better....

100% with you Justin, some issues are hard to clear, for many reasons , but others like uh ones are blatant as you say, for the the silver 399 stands out, but plenty of other issues from them,it would be nice as James said to have a bit in the mag about issues when building stuff that never get thought about by us, stuff like mis moulds on cab frames ,things like that. Having cast stuff I do get what they mean in those issues , and in bulk scales like say 30000 ford 5000's cabs  it would soon mount up . I suspect uh will never listen,but for some of us it helps no end in parts or projects to tinker with ,so some use in them 

51 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

100% with you Justin, some issues are hard to clear, for many reasons , but others like uh ones are blatant as you say, for the the silver 399 stands out, but plenty of other issues from them,it would be nice as James said to have a bit in the mag about issues when building stuff that never get thought about by us, stuff like mis moulds on cab frames ,things like that. Having cast stuff I do get what they mean in those issues , and in bulk scales like say 30000 ford 5000's cabs  it would soon mount up . I suspect uh will never listen,but for some of us it helps no end in parts or projects to tinker with ,so some use in them 

That mag idea does sound good Sean.. Would be a good thing to highlight..  & the 399 is just beyond terrible.. I will stop my  UH rant now ..:laugh: ..Enough said.

39 minutes ago, 0025 said:

yea it was supposed to be released last year.

Last year they done the Vicon , MF , Kubota round balers which were the same baler as a whole...so introducing a Kuhn baler with that lot already on the market may not have been a good move .. Maybe in the near future.. 

On 5-1-2016 at 6:02 PM, 0025 said:

wasn't there supposed to be a Kuhn baler coming out?

That was just a "small mistake" by Kuhn, it said Universal Hobbies in the 2014 Kuhn shop catalogue i believe. Only it wasn't UH, but Britains. The UH list is something like this at this moment:
Case International 1490 4wd
Case 1594 4wd 
Case IH Farmall 75C
Case IH Farmall Pro 115U 
Case IH Puma 240 CVX 
David Brown 1490 2wd
Deutz-Fahr Agroxtra 4.57
Fendt 720 Vario with front loader
Kubota T15 (1960)
Kubota M108S
Kubota M5-111
Kubota M7171 
Kubota M7171 with LM2605 front loader
Kubota RM plough
Kuhn BCR 2800 
Kuhn Profile 1880 
New Holland T6.175 (2015)

We know a lot more in about 2 or 3 weeks! 

16 hours ago, AJH said:

That was just a "small mistake" by Kuhn, it said Universal Hobbies in the 2014 Kuhn shop catalogue i believe. Only it wasn't UH, but Britains. The UH list is something like this at this moment:
Case International 1490 4wd
Case 1594 4wd 
Case IH Farmall 75C
Case IH Farmall Pro 115U 
Case IH Puma 240 CVX 
David Brown 1490 2wd
Deutz-Fahr Agroxtra 4.57
Fendt 720 Vario with front loader
Kubota T15 (1960)
Kubota M108S
Kubota M5-111
Kubota M7171 
Kubota M7171 with LM2605 front loader
Kubota RM plough
Kuhn BCR 2800 
Kuhn Profile 1880 
New Holland T6.175 (2015)

We know a lot more in about 2 or 3 weeks! 

kubota plough - orange coloured kverneland, looks like from your list Atte that uh have got right into bed with kubota, a lot of their brand being replicated.

The reason of the amount of new Kubota models is very simple, it's called money! Kubota are paying enough money to let UH produce their models. That's also the reason the Case/David Brown models are delayd, no one is paying UH to produce those models... The same reason they are using a lot of old models to make new models. And they are painting the lights now on some of the new models... It's all about the money! And that's something UH has problems with. 

Let's hope 2016 brings us some real new models! 
And yes, UH is comming with a Black Case MX135...... 

Archived