whats your latest farm/construction buy 2017

Tractorman810

I'm sure that there was one on the Britains stand at Toytrac as well Sean, because I bought the Kane classic trailer thinking it would match up after seeing that one. It had gone when I went to have another look.

Not to worry, they are both excellent models for the money, really like the Deere 3765, but I had to paint over the unpainted rivets etc.

My Toytrac purchases were all Britains,  Deere 3765 trailed forager, NC Dump trailer (also an excellent model) Kane Classic silage trailer and a mint boxed old Straw box MF 130 drill.

P1020691.JPG

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, MDFord said:

I'm sure that there was one on the Britains stand at Toytrac as well Sean, because I bought the Kane classic trailer thinking it would match up after seeing that one. It had gone when I went to have another look.

Not to worry, they are both excellent models for the money, really like the Deere 3765, but I had to paint over the unpainted rivets etc.

My Toytrac purchases were all Britains,  Deere 3765 trailed forager, NC Dump trailer (also an excellent model) Kane Classic silage trailer and a mint boxed old Straw box MF 130 drill.

P1020691.JPG

nice buys Mark

37 minutes ago, MDFord said:

glad i didnt imagine it mark, really didnt give it any thought pics wise , was in a bit of a daydream i must say 

Got this cultivator today through eBay, not happy though

first picture is the one and second is the one I've received (box has wear around the edges/faded and it's even broke on a wing soon fixed with glue)  and the third one is the one I thought I was getting, it was listed in as new condition 

any help will be appreciated as to what I should do or am I just being picky?? 

image.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.44aab27703e83dd0c0bdec24572cbeed.jpg

IMG_7052.PNG

**issue now solved, if anyone has a box and sleeve like above let me please**

1 hour ago, FendtFarmer said:

Got this cultivator today through eBay, not happy though

first picture is the one and second is the one I've received (box has wear around the edges/faded and it's even broke on a wing soon fixed with glue)  and the third one is the one I thought I was getting, it was listed in as new condition 

any help will be appreciated as to what I should do or am I just being picky?? 

image.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.44aab27703e83dd0c0bdec24572cbeed.jpg

IMG_7052.PNG

That's not the same that's not the same cultivator or box as you say. Are you happy to keep it? If so if start with a polite message saying it looks like it has been damaged in the post and therefore isn't worth as much in your immaculate boxed britains collection which you have been collecting for 20 years etc etc therefore would they consider giving you a partial refund. If you don't want it I'd still be quite polite about it for a start. 

nothing actually wrong with the cultivator apart from the broken bit which can be fixed, just the box isn't in good condition considering it looks mint in the photo, I am happy to keep it and could easily get another box to restore it to mint I suppose, 

I was too busy to make it today unfortunately. They always have a good selection of models for sale and a great play area for the kids. on the open days. I hope you weren't knocking the little ones out of the way to play with the tractors john. 

I was actually, no respect these these kids today, you'd think it was aimed at  children!:D It was manic early on when we popped in but the kids do seem to love it, I always take pleasure in seeing them enjoying themselves, I built the tables that the farms are on:)

You would aye! I heard it was heaving, it is great for the kids, where else does that, I can't think of anywhere else that has britains on the shelves. Or do connellys still have them in? Tables are a great idea, although I think they need one full height for us big kids. 

Slightly ashamed to say ive bought two of these previously but not kept them...but i have reached the conclusion its the best telehandler model you can get...my reasoning will be part of a post some time soon...so here we are third time lucky!!!

20171024_211308.jpg

1 hour ago, mb86 said:

You would aye! I heard it was heaving, it is great for the kids, where else does that, I can't think of anywhere else that has britains on the shelves. Or do connellys still have them in? Tables are a great idea, although I think they need one full height for us big kids. 

I always find I can manage if I kneel down at the tables, mind, sometimes getting back up can be a problem :D Connellys always had a good selection of Britains, but it seems not so now, I still think that even in this techno age it's nice that some kids still want to play with toys, and that's how we all learned years ago. Better stop now, I'm beginning to sound like Victor Meldrew!:D

1 hour ago, 844john said:

I always find I can manage if I kneel down at the tables, mind, sometimes getting back up can be a problem :D Connellys always had a good selection of Britains, but it seems not so now, I still think that even in this techno age it's nice that some kids still want to play with toys, and that's how we all learned years ago. Better stop now, I'm beginning to sound like Victor Meldrew!:D

I don't believe it:D. It's years since I was in there. I remember I used to get neck ache looking up at the wall of britains when I was little. 

A few weeks back I phoned Ernest Does at Framingham and asked to speak to the senior sales manager Mr Goodwin I told him I was thinking about buying another case tractor and I wonted his best price which he said he would get his calculator out of his desk draw I could hear some rummaging around which I think sounded like he was taking the lid of the biscuit tin and getting another ginger nut biscuit to go with his cup of tea anyway we started talking about size and specification to which I added in I would like a front end -loader fitted ,Mr Goodwin  started asking about tire sizes ,spool valves and stuff to which I replied as to what we was looking four and the most important specification I needed was it must have a set of pedals between the front and rear wheels ,now the noise I heard over the phone was definitely the lid being put back on the ginger nut tin ,anyway after he had calmed down we had a deal on this .      

20170930_215909.jpg

Resized_20170930_131757_1271_1506773982048.jpeg

Not one of mine but being doing a bit of carpet farming last few days and because I did not wont to mess up my own baler on the damp straw I hired in this machine from a company several miles away from me as I did not wont to get a bad name locally if I broke it (haha) I put a few thousand bales though it in between the showers the last week but will only tell the owner I did 100  

20171021_075634.jpg

20171021_075705.jpg

20171021_075800.jpg

Love it Mr Smith :D

As I said the other day, don't put it anywhere near your FW30, and make sure you go round it with the grease gun when you have finished - and I will be having a good look at the bale counter......!!

4 minutes ago, JEP said:

Love it Mr Smith :D

As I said the other day, don't put it anywhere near your FW30, and make sure you go round it with the grease gun when you have finished - and I will be having a good look at the bale counter......!!

B##### I have been court out  

Bought the Norscot version of the CAT telehandler...as it doesnt have a driver figure...so can look more accurate parked up at night ...i think the Diecast Masters version a little more refined but have put it up for sale on ebay now as this was coming! Its not got a very high bid...perhaps if that doesnt change ill take it off and keep it!  This one has stiff front axle and the boom is also quite stiff (seen reviews of examples with booms which won't hold up) however the headstock seems very loose so i doubt somehow whether it will hold the resin seed bags in position.

20171025_172624.jpg

Archived