What really annoyed you today

No, No they don't.. They use them over here on a regular basis with little affect..

Snowplow, 4Wd engaged and drive!  ;)

That is the only answer sir

I seen it on the news last night what is it that the idiots hope to achive

Electricity been off from 8.30am to 4.30pm today, some numpty idiot felled a tree and took out the power lines and knocked out 4 villages and surrounding area. Might have singed himself as the fire engine passed my place at a rate of knotts with all two's and blues.

Electricity been off from 8.30am to 4.30pm today, some numpty idiot felled a tree and took out the power lines and knocked out 4 villages and surrounding area. Might have singed himself as the fire engine passed my place at a rate of knotts with all two's and blues.

Just out of interest, when was the last time anyone heard a two-tone emergency siren be it police, fire or ambulance? Last one I heard in Stroud was in the mid-90s I think.. :-\

Water Cannons are the answer they work against football hooligans

We were talking about this at breakfast today. use a water cannon with silage effulent in it. Then the rioters would run home to shower and the police would be able to smell them to arrest them  :of;D

Just out of interest, when was the last time anyone heard a two-tone emergency siren be it police, fire or ambulance? Last one I heard in Stroud was in the mid-90s I think.. :-\

Two's and blues are still used, more of a 'figure of speech'. Watch the programmes on TV about the Police and they always refer to their siren and lights in this way.

We were talking about this at breakfast today. use a water cannon with silage effulent in it. Then the rioters would run home to shower and the police would be able to smell them to arrest them  :of;D

If water cannon was used then the fires would have not been started, anywhere else in the World this would have been the first thing deployed against rioters, I just can't understand why this Country is so soft on these thugs, they don't care what they do so why should we care about what we would like to do to them?

You are right, the siren is an electronically generated noise and requires less maintenance than the old fashioned klaxon.

Two tone horns required an air compressor that was connected to the horns via pipes. There was a number of problems with this arrangement, the pipes would blow off leaving a one tone rather than two tones (always worth a giggle) and also the compressor needed regular maintenance otherwise it would seize up and blow the fuses........it happened to me during a pursuit in 1990 and a member of the public didn't hear me coming and turned across my bows, made a bit of a mess of both cars and mine was a two week old Rover 827.

Was just finished tilling the bottom paddock when the TE20 misfired. I ran up to the house to get the can of diesel, ran back, opened the fuel filler and just as as I opened the lid on the can, the engine cut out.

Bother!

Anybody any tips for bleeding the fuel line on a TE 20 diesel?

(then I opened my email and found I hadn't even got an interview for a job I applied for).

Me and Mr Heineken are going to get together this evening  ;)

Anybody any tips for bleeding the fuel line on a TE 20 diesel?

I should know since I had a 1956 TEF 20 before I sold it many moons ago to buy my first Farmall.

Mine had a lift pump with a handle so once the fuel has been replenished you will need to pump up and down with  that lever to get the fuel to flow...now comes the difficult part which I can't remember exactly...but you will need to open a"bleed" screw somewhere around where the injector pipes are to allow the diesel and air bubbles out. Once the air bubbles stop tighten up the screw and in "theory" the "little grey menace" should start ;) ;)

really?? is glorious here, not a drop of rain even first thing when it was a bit grey, and that was gone by 9 am

where i work sean is north devon ,weather can be very different from where we are mate,anyway i had a phone call at 1 to go to work,so first bit of harvest work for me this year will post up some pictures later or tomorrow

Dutch Marketplace (ebay owned marketsite) annoys me, or better said the people on there..

Although it is ebay owned, it is a free marketplace site where you can buy and sell anything without costs. But this also means you can be scammed or people bid on your items but do not react when you mail them that you agree to their bid.

But today was most likely my worst experience (even while i was scammed once) when someone called about a model i was selling on there.. He phoned while i was at my outdoors job with no computer at hand, he literally asked if the price was alright (so as i figured i had an asking price on there, he meant the asking price) and i said yes. So this evening he calls for the final info and tells me he is going to pay 10 euro's less then the asking price, he also neglects the fact that as with all things that are being sold on there, he needs to pay the shipping costs as well! so when i told him the price i agreed to was definately 10 euro's higher, he said he had placed a bid of 10 euro's less and asked if the price was alright..(without saying, that he had placed a bid and how high that bid was) How ON EARTH should i've known THAT, i only saw the bid when i came home from work, and it was not even his name! IDIOT! So now i have put the JD8850 Plow City 2011 on ebay :P

This is also why i prefer ebay, even though it costs you around 12,5% , it is so worth it, no hassle with @#(#($*@^(Q!)#&$)@Q$#)@ people!

so, rant over, i feel good!

Got that lot off your chest then, Mark.

I agree - why can't people take no for an answer but have to ask why they can suddenly drop the rates because you don't want the option?  I just love "best rate" that turns out not to be best at all when you open negotians - even if it is by refusing.  If I want to haggle I will go to a fleamarket not an insurance company!