What really annoyed you today

Just a update foot is still tender and swelling is slowly going down ,big toe hurts a tiny bit ,it was 13 days ago i did it but feels like weeks as cant get on like i would like to ,good thing is i have had 2or 3 good mates drive me around last few days so i can get to Drs etc 

20230326_075354.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, smithy said:

Just a update foot is still tender and swelling is slowly going down ,big toe hurts a tiny bit ,it was 13 days ago i did it but feels like weeks as cant get on like i would like to ,good thing is i have had 2or 3 good mates drive me around last few days so i can get to Drs etc 

20230326_075354.jpg

will you get to spalding smithy

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jmd said:

will you get to spalding smithy

My old mate Eric that i bring up has a automatic ford fusion so i plan on driving  that up as dr said thats ok as only need right leg so yes unless i do somthing else in the meantime will hopfully see you there 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, smithy said:

20230326_075354.jpg

Glad to see its getting better Smithy👍

• Thanks 2

• 1 month later...

Not sure if this is more sad than mad. Even tough I did fell alittle angry deep down. I took my youngest daughter to Smyths Toys today. And as you would, I said I'd check out what Britains they had to offer. I was shocked to see that they had nothing. No Siku ether mind. But stacks off Bruder and some New Ray.. I can remember going back almost 30 years when they had a massive stock and variety off Britains. But as time went on they slowly reduced their Britains stock and now today have zero it seems. Is it the fact demand is down and maybe they don't appeal anymore due to the price increases off late. Bruder are probably better value for money for the young carpet farmer and so Smyths may have decided to sell them solely. As I was there, I asked a a staff member stocking the shelves did he know why,but he did not seem to have an answer.. . I latter checked their website to see if Britains products could still be ordered online.. But what little they were offering was totally sold out.  It's a shame. But it looks like Irelands main Toy retailer will no longer stock up on 1/32 farm toys. Has anyone here noticed this?? Smyths do madden me in a way. They try to take the whole manopoly off the Irish Toy Market for themselves by squeezing out the smaller retailers bit by bit, but also killing off the trade off 1/32s that have been there for so long.. 

• Sad 3

Justy46, was talking to a major seller at the Spalding show who told me that he now sells more Bruder than anything else, he believes that it is accurate enough for the young carpet farmer and cheap enough for them to trash in a year or so

• Sad 3

20 minutes ago, robbo said:

Justy46, was talking to a major seller at the Spalding show who told me that he now sells more Bruder than anything else, he believes that it is accurate enough for the young carpet farmer and cheap enough for them to trash in a year or so

I was thinking the same thing. It's the end off an era it seems. World off Wonder, Toymaster and Ken Black still seem to stock very large amounts off both Britains & Siku. I just hope they keep that flame lightning into the future. I also noticed Smyths dropping Airfix and Revell model kits a few years back.  Shame really. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just been steam cleaning and pipe burst right next to my arm and was that water hot ,arm is red and tingle ,i have covered it it suncream that i had up farm it has soothed it a bit .

Lesson 1 ,allways wear safety boots otherwise you can break your toes 🤔

Lesson 2 dont steam clean with bare arms 🤨

20230527_181455.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

11 hours ago, smithy said:

Just been steam cleaning and pipe burst right next to my arm and was that water hot ,arm is red and tingle ,i have covered it it suncream that i had up farm it has soothed it a bit .

Lesson 1 ,allways wear safety boots otherwise you can break your toes 🤔

Lesson 2 dont steam clean with bare arms 🤨

20230527_181455.jpg

Lucky escape there Smithy.... Hope your arms not too sore... If I burn myself at work I normally rub soap on the burn area. If caught soon enough it does help the blistering.... Just promise us all on here that you'll wear your safety glasses when your cutting and grinding... We don't want to be reading you've had an eye injury next 

Edited by Valley Axe Man
  • Like 1

Yes Paul it could have got me in the face ,arm is ok allow when i got in the shower last night the warm water hitting the sore bit made me jump , the sun cream has helped i think this morning its just a bit red and and just slightly sore so yes lucky escape . I will have to go and get new hose on Tuesday 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, smithy said:

Yes Paul it could have got me in the face ,arm is ok allow when i got in the shower last night the warm water hitting the sore bit made me jump , the sun cream has helped i think this morning its just a bit red and and just slightly sore so yes lucky escape . I will have to go and get new hose on Tuesday 

That's good that it's not a serious scalding... 👍

• Thanks 1

step daughters father, hes doing work down there moving some walls for a new kitchen, but in doing so he managed to put a screw through the central heating main 22mm pipe,when he put the footplate for the new wall in .i only  found it after her boiler stopped ,the safety kicked in after the pressure dropped. but only after putting water back into the system and then seeing it running down the wall below. its clearly drained to a level, ,but i put more in 😆😆 apparently though its my fault not his, as i should have told him the pipes were there, not sure how i would know, not like i installed it x years ago is it ,but he got a double barrel volley response of me and i left before i went even further , leaving the step daughter and wife ripping into him for say its my fault . plus picking up other issues hes left.apparently he left far from happy,but neither is the step daughter 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

he left her with no water ect last night and returned today, taken up a load of the floor, not near where i could feel the water and nothing, then right under the back wall hes put up there was the screw, hes far from happy thats for sure , still my fault apparently ,to which the stepdaughter has told him to shut it or sod off 😆😆😆😆😆

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...

I need alittle advice here guys. Any would be greatly appreciated. 

So last Friday 14th I ordered a part for my car from a seller in Austria on Ebay. It was kind off a panic buy and only an hour latter I got an Email from a breakers yard to tell me they had it and at a 1/3 off the cost... So I canceled the Ebay order straight away.. 3 days on after no response from the seller and still showing no dispatch... Ebay message me saying the Cancellation request has been declined..!!! The seller still has not dispatched.. So why has Ebay sent me this? Is it an automated response after 3 days lapse from Ebay.? The seller has 100% positive feedback. I am assuming he may be on holiday or something.. Has anyone here who use Ebay ever had this kinda thing happen to them where Ebay message you declining cancellation,but the item is still not dispatched.. I can return it if it arrives but the sellers communication is poor so far.. 😕

7 hours ago, justy 46 said:

I need alittle advice here guys. Any would be greatly appreciated. 

So last Friday 14th I ordered a part for my car from a seller in Austria on Ebay. It was kind off a panic buy and only an hour latter I got an Email from a breakers yard to tell me they had it and at a 1/3 off the cost... So I canceled the Ebay order straight away.. 3 days on after no response from the seller and still showing no dispatch... Ebay message me saying the Cancellation request has been declined..!!! The seller still has not dispatched.. So why has Ebay sent me this? Is it an automated response after 3 days lapse from Ebay.? The seller has 100% positive feedback. I am assuming he may be on holiday or something.. Has anyone here who use Ebay ever had this kinda thing happen to them where Ebay message you declining cancellation,but the item is still not dispatched.. I can return it if it arrives but the sellers communication is poor so far.. 😕

What part were you looking for your car I could help you get it if any help . 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Not sure if this annoyed me or amused me. I had an injection last week but after 24 hours my arm started to swell up to the extent that my right am looked like something fro Hellboy. Another trip back to the docs and antibiotics and it is starting to go down. Below are photos of my normal left arm and my right arm with bingo wings

20231012_134322.jpg

20231012_134333.jpg

not the best photos but, have you ever tried to photograph your own elbow? Not as flexible as I used to be 

• Like 2

Cant get to toytrac on sunday now, been asked/told i need to work on a repayments job down in cornwall , part of the A30 rebuild. The guy who was meant to be doing it cant now as his daughters come down with covid and his wifes on shift at the hospital. This is the 3rd time i have been caught and it’s the same guy on the same job on earlier phases as well. He's already said he needs xmas off , when the last bits due weirdly but now its payback as so do i , and he owes me big time now, even the boss agrees with me 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1