What really annoyed you today

... Why do cars go on the blink when garages are closed for Christmas >:( >:(

Tell me about it. 

AA man tested my battery (and the car too for a power drain) and told me the battery had failed.  It was taking a partial charge and then dropping it,  New battery on a bank holiday?  Fortunately for me he had a suitable replacement in his van so I was mobile again.

Tell me about it. 

AA man tested my battery (and the car too for a power drain) and told me the battery had failed.  It was taking a partial charge and then dropping it,  New battery on a bank holiday?  Fortunately for me he had a suitable replacement in his van so I was mobile again.

take it back to vauxhall sue sounds like the regulator in the alternator make them put a new one on and battery your car isn't that old  ::)

tell me about it Bill... I've got one van not charging now and another one in 'limp mode' on the EMS  :'(

Oh not so good Mark but I am happy now since I have just had a call from Audi saying my car is ready. It was a replacement Exhaust valve regulator or something like that that they replaced and is covered by warranty.

How strange.... I've just arrived back from my mates garage... he kindly opened it up for me to plug in his fault finder thingy.... result... two fault codes... crankshaft sensor and EGR valve sensor...

Not changed either as yet... reset system and we'll run up to test

Glad you are up and running again Bill... I think these EGR sensors take a bit of a pounding by all accounts.... perhaps a part that will always be more prone to failure for that very reason  :-\

take it back to vauxhall sue sounds like the regulator in the alternator make them put a new one on and battery your car isn't that old  ::)

It was definitely the battery - he checked everything else.  I shall be going to the dealer though as the battery is covered under warranty.  I have the bill and the test result printouts.

Spoke to my boss this morning over the phone and the first of our Easter Egg allocations was delivered this morning, the joy of working in retail  ;D

Oh my god as early as that David...mind you I do like the small cabury creme eggs at any time of the year really ;) ;)

Oh my god as early as that David...mind you I do like the small cabury creme eggs at any time of the year really ;) ;)

I shouldn't really have been surprised Bill, it's been christmas since August and I had a feeling they might arrive before 2010 begun, just need to find the space for them now and some willing customers, fully agree with you on the creme egg front. :)

lucky you mate, the mcolls down here had them in 3 weeks ago, and we both could have saw a cream eggs poster up in town today

Spoke to my boss this morning over the phone and the first of our Easter Egg allocations was delivered this morning, the joy of working in retail  ;D

lucky you mate, the mcolls down here had them in 3 weeks ago, and we both could have saw a cream eggs poster up in town today

Crikey that's very early Sean, with the amount of christmas related stock we kept getting sent they'd have never seen the light of shop floor had they sent us ours back then. Our promo posters go up this Sunday for them along with Mother's Day gifts too, i'm glad i've spent the last couple of days on a de-cluttering mission! :)

well yesterday actually, ' had a few minutes....soooooo many forager video clips on you tube with music to them........ for "Uncle Buck's" sake.....if I want music I'll search a music video.... LET'S HEAR THE MACHINES........ >:(

Yes I know what you mean  I did find a clip of a leyland 2100 on full song mowing and foraging without  music on you tube.  she sounded real sweet until the guy plugged the forager solid then it wasn't so clever. I like to listen to the tractor pullers as well It brings back many memories of pulls back in the U.K. If you want to hear something real sweet search Zetor race and find the clip of the 12045 type tractor pulling the loaded trailer in the up hill race :) .

I have lost a complete folder of holiday photographs and am devastated.  I may have deleted them but when I do not know as they are not in any of my backups so must have gone missing in 2005/6.

Makes me feel quite sad :'(

Even if you did actually delete them Sue they should still be on your computer. It should be possible to recover them, you just need to talk to the right IT Techie!

Aunty Sue... I can send you a folder with my holiday pictures for 2005/2006... I think we went to Brittany one year and Normandy the next  :-\  ... will that cheer you up  :-*:angel:

Not really, Marky, but thanks for the offer.  I wanted the pictures of Stu - he hated having his photo taken and I got quite a few nice ones on that holiday.  My only consolation is that I sent hard copies to friends who came with us on that trip.  I just hope they still have them! 

Ce la Vie!

Sue

if you still have your old computer then you can remove the hard drive and buy a device to connect it to your new one, I did that and saved all my old photos to a folder on the new one.

However, I now back up all my photos to a CD on a regular basis just in case the new one suffers a catastrophe  ;) ;) :-\ :-\ :-\

Sue

if you still have your old computer then you can remove the hard drive and buy a device to connect it to your new one, I did that and saved all my old photos to a folder on the new one.

However, I now back up all my photos to a CD on a regular basis just in case the new one suffers a catastrophe  ;) ;) :-\ :-\ :-\

Did that already but wiped BOTH hard drives.  I used the old drives...     

...for BACKUPS!  Oh dearie me I haven't checked those!  Only the CD's

Can't do that now must go to the recycling centre and dispose of two dead printers and sundry other electrical bits. 

NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTION.  Must tidy up and catalogue all my backups AND make some new ones

Ah, yes, but...

...I think they were on my OLD computer  >:( >:(>:(

Could be slightly more difficult but they'd still be there if you can get to the hard drive even if you'd formatted it. Only problem would be if it had written over the top of them more than 10 times..good old DOS, never actually deletes anything  :)

Could be slightly more difficult but they'd still be there if you can get to the hard drive even if you'd formatted it. Only problem would be if it had written over the top of them more than 10 times..good old DOS, never actually deletes anything  :)

True, but it is the very devil - I once deleted the contents of my C drive but realised what I had done and spent about 8 hours getting it back, replacing "?" with the appropriate letter for every single file. 

Still not sure which computer though, I think I have had 2 desktops and a new laptop in the interim.

No use crying over spilt milk or lost files - it is my own fault

Not really, Marky, but thanks for the offer.  I wanted the pictures of Stu - he hated having his photo taken and I got quite a few nice ones on that holiday.  My only consolation is that I sent hard copies to friends who came with us on that trip.  I just hope they still have them! 

Ce la Vie!

Of course Sue... I'm sorry that was very insensitive of me  :-[ :'(  .. I didn't give a second thought before I posted that... I was too busy being a smarty pants... my sincerest apologies Auntie Sue  :-[ :'(