What really annoyed you today

Computers - Vista in particular and all in general.  I have had serious problems with BOTH XP and Vista over the past week and I am completely cheesed off. 

Spent 6 hours today trying to get my vista machine rebooted.  It finally rolled back the operating system and even my antivirus was uninstalled.  Finally got everything re-instated and then it wanted to update. It fell over again. 

Another 2 hours and it restarted having failed to restore all my desktop settings AND I find Service pack 2 has disappeared.

I HATE COMPUTERS!!!!!!!!!

2 stiff gin and tonics later and I am still no happier  :'( >:( >:(>:(:-X

I hate them too Sue... I can just drive them...I don't understand them :-[:-[

On the happy note have a 3rd G&T and I'm sure you will forgot about it ;) ;)

More of a gradual build up since Monday, had the chap out to look over the new to us spud harvester on Monday and find out whats wrong with it.........oh dear!!!!! 75% of the bearings had gone along with all the stars, some shafts and numerous other bits, they knew what they were doing when they sold it as the parts alone come to £8263.68 :of :of :of :of >:(

Nope, no warranty with it, the dealer was selling it as seen but they had no knowledge of what was wrong with it either as without getting a bar under the shafts and removing chains and sprockets there was no way of knowing. I have the itemised list in front of me and there's a total of 42 bearings gone and 195 stars to replace :of  Once this is done though it will be ok for a few years. Luckily we still have the old harvester as well so are going to take a wheel motor off that one for this one as the trip from Boston cooked the seals in it so that saves another £2000-2500

I am a member on 2 forums for fordson tractors. I am getting rather annoyed with townie  members buying small holdings / tractors then asking questions about tractors they dont have a clue how to use or how to fix . I give the exact cause what to look for or cure to said problem.

They then procede in telling me i am the idiot and dont have a clue what I am talking about ::) . I have over 20 years in fixing them and my Dad ran them when they where new. if they know better then why ask. ;) .

I am getting to the point where i am going to tell the next guy that does it that he has a seriouse problem. He should take the tractor back to who it came from. When he asks why tell him he's to stupid to own it ;D .

I realise that we cant all be perfect but I am sure some of these guys dont realise how dangerouse farm equipment is and that if they make a mistake it could kill them. Maybe tractors should be licensed like guns. rant over.

Regards Robert :)

got a phonecall from my mum today, she was in hospital with a few broken ribs and a broken leg/ancle so i asked dchool if i could sign out to go to hospital to see her they said yes sure so i biked 5 miles to get there then when i got there i was sat waiting for my mum in the caffeteria and i got runover by some guy on a electric wheel chair who the stopped on my foot so now i have 3 fractured toes and a broken pinky toe  :'(

wish i had stopped at school now  >:(

****** ######*** windows, did a upgrade at 1630, has takenm me this long to get the laptop working again, and even now its not right, fonts have all changed, all the settings have gone, e-mail wont work, office 2007 pro wont open

, tried a restore to a earlier time, and it claims the programs already running and then just turns the whole lappy  off ?????

got a phonecall from my mum today, she was in hospital with a few broken ribs and a broken leg/ancle so i asked dchool if i could sign out to go to hospital to see her they said yes sure so i biked 5 miles to get there then when i got there i was sat waiting for my mum in the caffeteria and i got runover by some guy on a electric wheel chair who the stopped on my foot so now i have 3 fractured toes and a broken pinky toe  :'(

When I read this I felt really sorry for you. Don't let it stop you doing things and I bet your Mum was so pleased to see you. :)

PS Are you going for compensation from the guy in wheelchair?!!

Sorry Mark I missed this post last night... I hope mum is ok mate and I wish her a speedy recovery from all of us at FTF... as for your foot... although it almost reads like a script from a comedy film I bet it's hugely painful and once again I miss you a speedy recovery too

Have you got big feet ??? or was the man as good at driving his chariot as Sean was in my 5445 ???:)

I must confess Mark, I did have a little chuckle reading about your Mr Bean scene at the hospital. I'm not unsympathetic to your injury though as I'm sure it is painful. Was the chap sorry or was it a hit and scoot away slowly? I do hope Mum and you recover quickly.

For me today my bloody neighbour >:( As I was away in the lorry for a couple of nights I got Traci to take me to work on Monday so that my neighbour could use my van. Only last night they wern't in and this morning they wern't out of bed before 8am. I'd be knocking on the door since 7.10am thinking with two kids to get up, wash, have breakfast and get ready for school; their parents my have been at least awake!! Instead, I'm an hour late and don't have any of my tools. Really wound me up, I can't stand people that can't get their arse out of bed in the mornings. . . . more so when there are two responsibilities under ten!! >:( >:(

Sky guy shuold have checked with you andy , tech you can get it removed as it's in the air of your property ,Bit like someones tree overhanging , which you can cut without permission, we have to check when putting cable up that all are ok , and when we built the extension I wasn't allowed to have eves on the end as again it would have overhung someone eles,s property 

Our Neighbour..A satelite dish has just been errected on their house which now overhangs into our garden. Is that a trespass? Do I need to get the hacksaw out?  >:(

Well  Andy my approach would be to approach the neighbour first and ask them to remove it. I mean would they like to have a dish hanging into their property ??? ???

On the cutting off I would not go that route since I been there with "Cyprus" hedging and the next door neighbour who was a bit of a one from hell. Thankfully they could not keep up payments on the house and had to downsize and move on. I now have the best of neighbours you got get and when Moira arrived it was one of the first things she and friends did...remove hedging. They had two loads of a eight wheeler tipper to dispose of.

Anyway the young hedges were planted so close to my drive in time they would have cracked my drive. When they started to come into my airspace I cut them and kept the cuttings. After about a week or so the door bell rang and I got the abusive wife tellling me that I should not have cut them and if they were a problem I should have rung the door bell and billy woudl have cut them since he had all the professional tools to do so. Anyway I said they were going to scrath my car and I was entitled to do so. Rubbish she retorted and stormed off ;D ;D ;D ;D

They were hermit folk and I never saw them so no need to speak to them.

I had the last laugh though when the vampire wife came and asked me if I could remove the front wheel from their sons bike since Billy was away working abroad. I did not have the heart to say no for the kids sake and it was nice to see her having to eat humble pie ;) ;)

bloody carpet fitters turned up 2 hrs late, started in the living room, all went well, then they bought the second bit in for the dining room ,and it was a totally different carpet???? order sheet they have says 2 x sand brown serias carpet paid for that, they then procede to argue that both came of the same roll despite one being  way darker than the correct bit first fitted, after a few phone calls, her mother is now getting the second bit fitted in 1 weeks time, and they have taken 50% of the price, and given her free fitting, seems it wasnt of the same roll, they had actually sold her second bit to someone else and we got given theres instead

Shed company not turning up to fix front when they said they would!, window guy claiming the shattered window happened by a stone hitting it....not sure how one would get up that high?....and Harry being ill on my 2 days off >:( >:(>:( >:(

car will need something doing on service now! >:( >:(>:( >:(::)

Shed company not turning up to fix front when they said they would!, window guy claiming the shattered window happened by a stone hitting it....not sure how one would get up that high?....and Harry being ill on my 2 days off >:( >:(>:( >:(

car will need something doing on service now! >:( >:(>:( >:(::)

Check under Harry's bed for a slingshot :D :D :D  Ive not been on much do you have any updated photos of the little man??