What really annoyed you today

Probably a bit controversial, but here goes, all of the Bradley Wiggens-es that seem to have appeared like a plague on our roads, especially at weekends. Riding two - and three - abreast on our narrow twisty roads is bad enough when you are following them in a car, but on a tractor, especially when  loaded, you often have no choice but to sit behind them. The public are quick to condemn farmers for holding up traffic, and I do agree that there are some out there who blissfully carry on, seemingly unaware of huge the line of cars behind and never pull in to let anyone past, but hopefully these are in the minority. However, it seems that once on a bike then courtesy for other road-users disappears. Yesterday, amongst the many that I encountered (like I said, plague!), I got stuck behind one cyclist and followed it for a good two to three miles before it eventually turned off onto another road, they were obviously aware that I was following and because of the road unable to pass, but no attempt was made to pull in to let me pass and get on with my job. The only compensation was that on this occasion it was a Bradley - ette ;) We all have to share the roads, but courtesy must come from all sides. Anyway, rant over, now, car park attendants and the wife's recent parking ticket for being ten minutes late back to the car!!:angry:.......................:D

Edited by 844john
spelling because of too small a keypad!
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, 844john said:

Probably a bit controversial, but here goes, all of the Bradley Wiggens-es that seem to have appeared like a plague on our roads, especially at weekends. Riding two - and three - abreast on our narrow twisty roads is bad enough when you are following them in a car, but on a tractor, especially when  loaded, you often have no choice but to sit behind them. The public are quick to condemn farmers for holding up traffic, and I do agree that there are some out there who blissfully carry on, seemingly unaware of huge the line of cars behind and never pull in to let anyone past, but hopefully these are in the minority. However, it seems that once on a bike then courtesy for other road-users disappears. Yesterday, amongst the many that I encountered (like I said, plague!), I got stuck behind one cyclist and followed it for a good two to three miles before it eventually turned off onto another road, they were obviously aware that I was following and because of the road unable to pass, but no attempt was made to pull in to let me pass and get on with my job. The only compensation was that on this occasion it was a Bradley - ette ;) We all have to share the roads, but courtesy must come from all sides. Anyway, rant over, now, car park attendants and the wife's recent parking ticket for being ten minutes late back to the car!!:angry:.......................:D

I know how you feel, there favourite trick round me is to pull out on me! 

They have also had a new bike path put in along a busy road but yet they still insist on riding on the road! 

27 minutes ago, Agcofarmer said:

I know how you feel, there favourite trick round me is to pull out on me! 

They have also had a new bike path put in along a busy road but yet they still insist on riding on the road! 

don't get me started on that, i like a good bike ride ,but always use cycle paths when they are there, plymouth city councils spent a fortune putting them in,yet  on one main road in and out in the last 2 years i can think of at least 5 fatal push bike accidents on the road when the lanes not 4 m away from them . it , should be law that if provided they should be on it, its there for a very good reason 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, MadMark said:

Just got message from Amazon saying my tractor wont be delivered till the 7th now so requested refund because I'm not waiting till then because of their s##t service 

Yodel lost a package of models worth over €200 that I ordered from Holland last March & then they showed up in one of their depots almost 4 months latter !!! Now that's what I call a sh't service Mark !!! 6 more days is nothing really . Better late than never ..

• 2 months later...

just seen on the local facebook page that the local park, paid for by numerous summer fetes and sales etc,has been burnt down by some little s***s , not sure if they have got them,but i know 1 little 3 year old that will be gutted, the youngest grandaughter loves that park 

EC982D36-DF68-4B68-94B0-2F8A0FB96D36.jpeg

• Sad 2

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, 844john said:

That is not good David, you need to repair it like my Dad would, everything is held in place with six inch nails!

Not the best morning, but managed to fix all but one model myself, just about to get the silicon gun out to sort the cabinet out.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mb86 said:

And some string round it  to hold the sides in! Not good David but pleased you have managed to get most fixed 

Thanks Martin, just need one replacement exhaust, but managed to fix the rest. Frustrating, but at least i’m Fully aware of the issue with that particular cabinet, and can remedy it so it shouldn’t happen again.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mb86 said:

Just the exhaust on this one?

Did you get a photo of the carnage for the mishap thread?

Didn't think to....too busy assessing the damage and taking all of the shelves out. Like I say it was mostly exhausts, couple with axle damage....MF 135, 165, 188, and various 1080s with the damage. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, robbo said:

Is that a Martyn Reeve model? You might be able to get a replacement exhaust from him this weekend if it is.

It is indeed, was thinking about bringing it with me to Zwolle to see if he or anyone else could fix it for me whilst I was there.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

The Law of Sod came true today, the dishwasher chose this day to pack up. Earliest I can get an engineer out is the end of next week, there is more chance of a new one in the new year sales but that still means a pile of washing up as are having 14 for Christmas dinner.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tractorman810 said:

go shopping tomorrow mike, lot quicker 

And more expensive, I will wait fort the sales, the kids can wash up on Christmas Day, I'm doing the cooking so it is only fair

• Like 1