Ros or Imber ford?

I am looking for a ford powerstar 40 series for my collection, i see Ros and imber do them in 1/32 scale but i cannot decide what to go for, i would be grateful of any help on this ??

Hi Steve. They are excellent models, the detail is as good as you will find on any model, although slightly let down by the bulky drawbar and front axle kingpins. In my and many others opinion, they started at the wrong end of the range, 83, 78 and 7740 would all have been more desirable, as the real machines were, then they should have done the 82, 66 and 56's. Which you chose is down to your preference, there aren't many to chose from, only the 56 and 66 in 2 and 4wd and also a couple of yellow council versions. You could sticker one up as a 7740 but you would really need bigger tyres all round maybe off a UH 10 series and an extra step up into the cab. 

ROS made the models for Imber (as they made the 110-90 for Mad For Models).

There are two models, the 5640 and the 6640.

Each of these comes in 2wd and 4wd

They also come in SL (manual gearbox) and SLE (Powershift).

There were also Industrial versions of the 5640 in yellow.

Some of the 6640 versions are hard to find now, but the 5640s regularly appear at discounted prices..

There are boys making 7740s, New Hollands, and 6 cylinder versions using the gubbins from the Imber models.

What model is your favourite and maybe we can point you towards a source for it?

Thankyou both so much for the advice, it is a pity they didnt produce a 7740 as that would of been my choice, i would like to get 2 one with original ford decals/white cab roof and a later blue roof/ badged as a new holland. Again pity they didnt produce a new holland version. I will keep my eyes peeled for a 6640 sle.

i think the plan was to do the 7740's and upwards,but i suspect as a lot of people said at the time,they started at the wrong end of the range, they needed to sell the 5640's and 6640's to fund he later ones , the concept of removable front end parts was very good at the time, have a feeling thats what lead to ros doimg it on there own stuff after, there was also talk of a front loader that would work in the same way. but again funding just did t allow it 

8 hours ago, Steve P said:

Thankyou both so much for the advice, it is a pity they didnt produce a 7740 as that would of been my choice, i would like to get 2 one with original ford decals/white cab roof and a later blue roof/ badged as a new holland. Again pity they didnt produce a new holland version. I will keep my eyes peeled for a 6640 sle.

Steve Frater would have a 7740 converted from an Imber . 

11 hours ago, justy 46 said:

Steve Frater would have a 7740 converted from an Imber . 

Aye that he does Justin and also does the 56 and 66 along with the 77 with blue roof and ford decal.... not seen a New Holland version on his website but that might not mean he doesn't or won't do one..... Pics off Steve's website www.sdfraterfarmmodels.co.uk

593ccaf7942cf_sdf1053(1).JPG.66906e20200ced64ff563d9f4be98d69.JPG593ccb018b179_sdf1064(2).JPG.814d1302409c1984b0387f01275fb3c0.JPG

I've been wondering about the 6640 SLE versions as well, both the 2wd and the 4wd. I'm looking for a tractor that might be compatible with the new Taarup forager, thought the 2wd version might do. If they're as good as you say, then I might go for it. Only thing, as I see mentioned here, is the rear hitch. Not to pretty.

15 hours ago, Janval said:

I've been wondering about the 6640 SLE versions as well, both the 2wd and the 4wd. I'm looking for a tractor that might be compatible with the new Taarup forager, thought the 2wd version might do. If they're as good as you say, then I might go for it. Only thing, as I see mentioned here, is the rear hitch. Not to pretty.

A tractor from the 70's to early 80's era would be better suited for the Taarup . The Imber 40 Series Fords are abit advanced for a silage harvester that was produced  almost 25 years before it .The Britains Ford 7000, 6600 & 7600 would be ideal but lack abit of detail.  I would probably go for a Marge Ford 6610 or 7610 Gen 1.!

On 11 June 2017 at 5:46 AM, Valley Axe Man said:

Aye that he does Justin and also does the 56 and 66 along with the 77 with blue roof and ford decal.... not seen a New Holland version on his website but that might not mean he doesn't or won't do one..... Pics off Steve's website www.sdfraterfarmmodels.co.uk

593ccaf7942cf_sdf1053(1).JPG.66906e20200ced64ff563d9f4be98d69.JPG593ccb018b179_sdf1064(2).JPG.814d1302409c1984b0387f01275fb3c0.JPG

Steve's 7740s are nice alright Paul. I got one from him a while back but added UH Ford 10 Series rear rims to it myself which really set it off even more .

6 hours ago, justy 46 said:

A tractor from the 70's to early 80's era would be better suited for the Taarup . The Imber 40 Series Fords are abit advanced for a silage harvester that was produced  almost 25 years before it .The Britains Ford 7000, 6600 & 7600 would be ideal but lack abit of detail.  I would probably go for a Marge Ford 6610 or 7610 Gen 1.!

I agree, from UH it seems like one of the old Masseys would do nicely. I've seen a Case from UH being used though, so I was considering the CX100 from UH. I have one of the Ford's you've mentioned - from Marge, so for now it's on display with that one.

At home we've always used our Taarup, currently with a Case Maxxima JX75 :) But I know the Taarup model is somewhat limited when it comes to compatibility.

36 minutes ago, Janval said:

I agree, from UH it seems like one of the old Masseys would do nicely. I've seen a Case from UH being used though, so I was considering the CX100 from UH. I have one of the Ford's you've mentioned - from Marge, so for now it's on display with that one.

At home we've always used our Taarup, currently with a Case Maxxima JX75 :) But I know the Taarup model is somewhat limited when it comes to compatibility.

i noticed last year that the taarup machines are everywhere over norway, saw most fields had one parked up in it,and plenty of old scrap ones in yards to.some strange hopper systems used to cart from them to,

13 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

i noticed last year that the taarup machines are everywhere over norway, saw most fields had one parked up in it,and plenty of old scrap ones in yards to.some strange hopper systems used to cart from them to,

That's right, it's everywhere and the shabby ones is nice to have for spare parts. There's also a forager from Serigstad, but the Taarup one is definetly the most common one. 
Usually one of two different systems are used for collecting the grass, the usual wagon that can collect a huge load (best for flat open spaces) and the Norwegian "Vossakasso" which is a really neat piece of equipment, perfect for steep and unconventional landscape. However the Vossakasso is used pretty much all over, especially here in the western part of the country. I've attached some sample pictures I found online.

In a few months time I'm going to build a version of these in scale as well. (Sorry for runing the thread guys!)

avless.jpg

vossa.jpg

thats the ones i saw ,the Vossakasso versions, sat watching a guy in a nh going back and forth when i was in olden ,on the opposite side of the fjord  to us kept dropping the mower and going of up the hill to a small farm . 

23 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

thats the ones i saw ,the Vossakasso versions, sat watching a guy in a nh going back and forth when i was in olden ,on the opposite side of the fjord  to us kept dropping the mower and going of up the hill to a small farm . 

Approximately two hours from where I live :) 

1 hour ago, Janval said:

Made up this little outfit Jan. ;) Hooked up to a Marge 6610.

IMG_21011_zpsfaexro1j.jpg

13 minutes ago, justy 46 said:

Made up this little outfit Jan. ;) Hooked up to a Marge 6610.

I wondered about this kind of setup, is a trailer really low enough to get under the Taarup attachment? I know this Norwegian "distributor" has made a trailer out of the MF hay bale trailer, but didn't realize there was enough space to couple it. By the way, that's the same Ford I've got from Marge :)

18882136_482370595436855_11472078390562518952638_482370532103528_580982669416659

20 minutes ago, Janval said:

I wondered about this kind of setup, is a trailer really low enough to get under the Taarup attachment? I know this Norwegian "distributor" has made a trailer out of the MF hay bale trailer, but didn't realize there was enough space to couple it. By the way, that's the same Ford I've got from Marge :)

18882136_482370595436855_11472078390562518952638_482370532103528_580982669416659

The trailer I have with it is a Britains MF 200 tipper, it's not actually attached to the harvester & will not go under the harvester attachment ether . Some modifying well need to be done to harvester to achieve that . !!  Mark above with the Replicagri Renault has modified his for a trailer if you look at his pics . The Marge Ford is pretty good on it .

2 hours ago, MadMark said:

Hi Jan Erik, the U.H. Taarop has linkage you can change so it fits Britains/UH linkage and Marge/Wiking style linkage I've fitted it to a Replicargi Renault

Hi Mark! Missed your post at first! That looks good, so this is without any modification? I noticed the extra parts in the box, but haven't tried to change it. Most of my models are to wide at the rear end to attach the Taarup. I have a few good UH models, but the Valmet 705 linkage is too small. So I have displayed it with my Marge Models Ford 7610 and the Replicagri Renault 1181-4S. I might look into changing the linkage then.

14 minutes ago, justy 46 said:

The trailer I have with it is a Britains MF 200 tipper, it's not actually attached to the harvester & will not go under the harvester attachment ether . Some modifying well need to be done to harvester to achieve that . !!  Mark above with the Replicagri Renault has modified his for a trailer if you look at his pics . The Marge Ford is pretty good on it .

Yes, I recognized the trailer. The trailer I linked is actually attached, I don't know how but maybe the MF 3Ton trailers are very low? This guy sells these as a "build your own trailer" pack in his store, so it can't be based on modification. I might have to get me one of those trailers as a base to build on myself :) Allthough I'm generally skeptic about altering my models, since they do cost a bit :)

• 2 months later...

Apologies, o know this thread is old and a bit disjointed, but back to original topic.... is the imbed series dead and buried, does anybody know? Or are they awaiting clearing old stocks? They were really nice, I do hope not abandoned 

Archived