New to the Forum!

TheArchitect

Hi All,

This is my first post so I'd like to say a very pleasant hello to everyone here. I'm hoping to reignite my interest in collecting farm toys but to be honest I've found information hard to come by online. I used collect Britains when I was younger however in the melee of a house move all my prized posessions were lost. Ever since I've always said I'd buy some more Britains when I could and as I'm now gainfully employed i'd like to start up a modest collection. I really have no idea where to start so i'm hoping the community can provide some advice to a newb. In particular i'd be interested to know if there are any trade shows or conventions in the UK.

Thanking you all in advance!

Welcome to the forum. There are dozens of topics that I am sure will help inspire you. The best place to start would possibly be the collection boards where members have shared their own collections. Once you do start back up again, it would be great for you to share it online with the FTF community :) Happy posting. 

welcome killian ,looking forward to seeing any buys you make, plenty of shows arround the uk and ireland it just depends where you are 

spalding in lincs is twice a year,april and oct, and theres toytrac down somerset in October,couple of others up north names elude me right now ,  Irelands another good area for shows, moria being a twice a year one, plenty of members will share others with you, the biggy has to be zwolle each november  in holland ,prob europes biggest ? it costs you a fortune in models, ut is so worth it

Its nice to see a new member, welcome aboard.

With regards shows there is also Warwick in February, assuming it is on, but it all depends on where you are and how far you are willing to travel. Toy fairs are also good hunting grounds, some bargains can be found at these although as always it is pot luck.

"What to collect" that's a personal thing. What era of Britains did you have before as this might be a good place to start?

45 minutes ago, 1/32 farmer said:

hi killian

welcome  to the fourm thers load of show most advertise on here 

as for where to start  that is your choice but if ti helps just buy a ford:P and you be away 

Seconded. 

Welcome to the forum. Have you had a look on eBay, a broad selection of farm models of all makes on there to give you inspiration 

Thanks folks for the kind welcome. I'll search this forum for a start to see what shows I could go to. Regards to what I want to collect - it would new Britains or the one's I grew up with so early 90's models. I have done some ebay searching and was amazed by how much people pay for some of those generation models. I had so many of them albeit they were pretty beaten. 

If anyone has any sites/links that could help me find a good first purchase let me know. I do quite like fords. I recently bought this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Universal-Hobbies-Ford-7810-Tractor-Scale-1-32-AD-UH2865/252607429302 and a 1:16 universal hobbies Ford 5000, my uncle had a 5000 that I used to spend hours on with him drawing bales etc. I'm sure plenty of people here can relate to that!

5 hours ago, TheArchitect said:

Thanks folks for the kind welcome. I'll search this forum for a start to see what shows I could go to. Regards to what I want to collect - it would new Britains or the one's I grew up with so early 90's models. I have done some ebay searching and was amazed by how much people pay for some of those generation models. I had so many of them albeit they were pretty beaten. 

If anyone has any sites/links that could help me find a good first purchase let me know. I do quite like fords. I recently bought this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Universal-Hobbies-Ford-7810-Tractor-Scale-1-32-AD-UH2865/252607429302 and a 1:16 universal hobbies Ford 5000, my uncle had a 5000 that I used to spend hours on with him drawing bales etc. I'm sure plenty of people here can relate to that!

Hi Killian

there are 3 main online sellers  although, as and when you venture to a show you may well find others

http://www.gandmfarmmodels.co.uk/

http://udimoretractorshop.com/

http://www.farmmodels.co.uk/

All 3 of these also post on FTF from time to time

Welcome Killian . Look forward to seeing your collection grow . What kind off collecting are you into . ? Some chase down the old time Britains from their childhood days , others convert models , some stick to modern stuff ,  some collect only certain brands .. be it John Deere ,MF or Ford/NH etc and others turn some fine dioramas for shows .  There is a very big scope here in this hobby , but what ever your into .. you will good help & tips here . ;)

No Chris I'm a complete newb. I only came across this forum this past week. Cheers Mike those links look helpful much appreciated. Tbh i'm not sure what I'm looking to do I'd say try and keep to Britains as I have a certain affinity for the brand ad maybe try and actually recollect all the models I had in my collection previously. Looks like it's going to be costly though! 

Archived