Combine Harvester Model Wish List

Great to see loads of discussion being generated in light of the forthcoming Claas combine harvester models due to be released by Replicagri. As has already been mentioned Claas combine fans are very well catered for now, but what about combine harvesters made by other manufacturers over the years?

What would we like to see come from the model manufacturers aside from all of the Claas variations?

Given the time of year we're in, and given the fact i'm a huge fan of chasing after real combines with my camera here's a few machines from my own archives from the 700+ variations I have captured in action over harvest I would love to see miniaturised.

1. New Holland TX36. - My Uncle ran one of these combines on his farm many years ago prior to replacing it with a TX65. He still maintains it's best combine he's ever owned. It's also arguabley one of the best looking big straw walker combines out there. 

2. Massey Ferguson 865. - A combine with an immense presence, cab off to the side, that huge grill, straight from the American and Canadian prairies. Awesome looking combine.

3. Case IH 2388. -  Replicagri have already started the ball rolling with their earlier International and Case IH Axial Flow models, so how about one of the last Axial Flows before they went down plastic jelly mould route with the first of the AFX range. The 2388.

4. Deutz-Fahr 35.80. Local contractor used to run one of these when I lived in North Yorkshire, and I used to bike after it to watch it in action throughout the late '80s early '90s without photographing it. Found this similar example on another local farm in 2012.

5. John Deere 1188. - The only John Deere I can remember being operated in the area I lived when I was little, an 1188. Photographed several different variations of 1188 across Yorkshire in the last 5 years.

6. Laverda 3700. - The first ever Laverda I can recall seeing on a farm on the East Yorkshire Coast was one of these, before it was replaced with a New Holland TF series combine. I found this very tidy example working in the Lincolnshire Fens last Summer.

The floor is yours fellow forum members. :) Let's have some really good discussion, about what we'd like to see, and lots of stories swapped. :)

P1490003.JPG

P1240763.JPG

P1100507.JPG

P1240462.JPG

P1160944.JPG

P1130004 - Copy.JPG

• Like 3

The one Claas combine that is missing is the Super Junior, which is the one Claas combine that my father and uncles had, so it's the one I really want.

Otherwise, I'd like to see the full range of Clayson New Hollands from the 1950s up to now.

M103

M144

TX 32

TX 66

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, justy 46 said:

Any New Hollands from the early 70's up to the 90's would be welcome in my collection..

Seconded Justin. Huge fan of both the TF and TX ranges, lots of childhood memories of these combines, and there still seems to be lot of tidy examples putting in the hard yards. Wouldn't say no to any of the older Clayson and 8000 series combines too. 

Whilst not cheap I should have bought this in Zwolle!

P1230260 - Copy.JPG

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Paul Palmer said:

this cracker,new holland 8060,still used on a local farm to me where my uncle used to work,also a new holland TF 78,which i drove for velcourt ,must dig out the pictures of that one

TF78.....proper monster of a combine. Shame they didn't have the best of reputations, as they had, and still have one heck of an appetite. :)

P1340832.JPG

P1140246 - Copy.JPG

P1410148 - Copy.JPG

P1150840 - Copy.JPG

• Like 2

Wouldn't mind a MF 865 myself, it was the first combine that I ever had a go at driving, fitted with an 18ft power flow header. It was replaced with a Claas Dominator 118 Maxi after the straw walkers broke up. 

• Like 3

Excellent suggestions. Mine are New holland 8000 series either 8060 or 8070 preferable but would be happy with others in the range as these are what have been on the farms where I have baled straw and maybe an older clayson m and  more modern tx to make a nice line up. 

Saw this on faceslap and thought you might find it interesting. 

image.jpg

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, mb86 said:

Excellent suggestions. Mine are New holland 8000 series either 8060 or 8070 preferable but would be happy with others in the range as these are what have been on the farms where I have baled straw and maybe an older clayson m and  more modern tx to make a nice line up. 

Saw this on faceslap and thought you might find it interesting. 

8070 or as Mark mentioned earlier a nice 8080 would be my personal choices from that range, black reel versions for me. :)

This gorgeous 8070 works on a farm in East Yorkshire. 

P1400962 - Copy.JPG

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Agcofarmer said:

Does a Claas maxi swather count under the combine section?! 

Form's part of the harvesting process mate. I'd love to see one, along with the older Fortshritt based  Shelbourne Reynolds swather.....and speaking of Shelbourne Reynolds, i've photographed quite a few combines in the last 2 years fitted with pick up headers for gathering up swathed rape. Would love to see a detailed version of that type of header to retro fit onto either the classic or modern model combines we have to choose from. :)

P1340107.JPG

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, walterderwent said:

Form's part of the harvesting process mate. I'd love to see one, along with the older Fortshritt based  Shelbourne Reynolds swather.....and speaking of Shelbourne Reynolds, i've photographed quite a few combines in the last 2 years fitted with pick up headers for gathering up swathed rape. Would love to see a detailed version of that type of header to retro fit onto either the classic or modern model combines we have to choose from. :)

P1340107.JPG

Watch this space on the header front david :) 

• Like 2

Top of my shopping list is a jaditoys/yaxon 8070 to do a bit of work to improve detail. Proving elusive so far. Those chestnut minatures combines are beautys, there must be a lot of hours of work gone into them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mb86 said:

Top of my shopping list is a jaditoys/yaxon 8070 to do a bit of work to improve detail. Proving elusive so far. Those chestnut minatures combines are beautys, there must be a lot of hours of work gone into them. 

Converted by a friend and fellow forum member. On display at Zwolle 2013.

P1380791.JPG

• Like 2

8 hours ago, whincebros said:

Decent MF38 with 20ft head, or Cerea, with the bigger 25ft header. For something newer a smaller lexion (670 possibly) or a new Delta.

So far this is the only Dronningborg Massey i've seen in model form. A 36 made in brass by Classic Combines. Like you would love to see a precision detailed 38 or a 40 RS.

P1250402.JPG

• Like 3