Joes bits and bobs

CX820Joe

Just now, CX820Joe said:

I’ve seen a Quadtrac with a spreader before, definitely overkill. 
I am thinking about getting the Kuhn trailed spreader - then I can start helping the neighbours too 😂

Me to, not overkill if the ground is soaking

• Like 2

1 hour ago, justy 46 said:

Surely this guy had a smaller tractor in his fleet for the job.. 

I don't know Justin, I think that was a screenbrab I lifted off one of my German DVD's, Might be a huge farming estate and they might not have anything smaller, But as Paul said, it might be because of the wet ground condition.

Regards

Joe.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I couldn’t put this in the workbench section as all it has entailed is some black paint on the hubs, and it’s not perfect brushwork either … I thought this might improve the Britains Valmet Valtra ‘Fans Choice’ - maybe it’s added some relief but I think the model is beyond help otherwise unfortunately 

IMG_3025.jpeg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, CX820Joe said:

I couldn’t put this in the workbench section as all it has entailed is some black paint on the hubs, and it’s not perfect brushwork either … I thought this might improve the Britains Valmet Valtra ‘Fans Choice’ - maybe it’s added some relief but I think the model is beyond help otherwise unfortunately 

IMG_3025.jpeg

Something was very suss about that fan choice vote... 😂

49 minutes ago, justy 46 said:

Something was very suss about that fan choice vote... 😂

Yes I agree - I only voted thinking it was going to be a new tooling of the classic, I should have voted for the Ford!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Here are a few more photos of the UH Horsch Drill I bought recently, sorry all are in the transport position for now.

I had been on the look out for another 6m drill to match the 6m implements I’ve got since I had the Ros Kuhn Espro which whilst a very nice model, mine had the odd screw missing so it wouldn’t fold up properly so I got rid of it.  Subsequently bought the Vaderstad Spirit which was very good but not 6m so I was pleased to see this one announced.  Just as I was about to order one from a French eBay seller G&M got them in so I ordered one.  It’s a very good and well detailed model as you’d expect it has a tow eye and a hitch which attaches to a tractors link arms much like the previous 4m version UH did.  It folds up nice and neatly also.  One gripe is the box it comes in - it’s very big and like a fool I assumed smaller drill smaller box so it would take up less space than the Vaderstad did.  Oops.

i still haven’t removed the plastic part it’s screwed onto just to make it easier to manoeuvre into my shed -where it takes up most of the space my vintage Fords used to occupy

I’ve hooked it up to the T7.300 which I think suits it very well

IMG_3394.jpeg

IMG_3395.jpeg

IMG_3396.jpeg

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the UH MF 2725 I bought recently.  Although it still won’t be right I am thinking of cutting down the air filter like the tractor in the attached YouTube screenshot.  Too chicken to damage the bonnet! 

IMG_3570.jpeg

IMG_3571.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CX820Joe said:

Here is the UH MF 2725 I bought recently.  Although it still won’t be right I am thinking of cutting down the air filter like the tractor in the attached YouTube screenshot.  Too chicken to damage the bonnet! 

IMG_3570.jpeg

IMG_3571.png

Joe are the black rear mudguards added on or all one piece?

7 minutes ago, Paul Palmer said:

Joe are the black rear mudguards added on or all one piece?

Thinking of getting one, especially now with the nice pavt wheels, yes air filter needs sorting out as do those black rear mudguards and i think the exhaust needs moving to the left

Edited by Paul Palmer

6 minutes ago, Paul Palmer said:

Thinking of getting one, especially now with the nice pavt wheels, yes air filter needs sorting out as do those black rear mudguards and i think the exhaust needs moving to the left

They are added on Paul.

Yes exhaust is in the wrong place, but if I try and move it I'll only knacker the thing

11 hours ago, CX820Joe said:

IMG_3570.jpeg

IMG_3571.png

Just a thought, As new I'm sure the air stack was nearly the same height as the exhaust. Early 500 series Masseys had a very short air stack like your pic, but they hoovered up a lot of dust etc. off the bonnet so a taller one was adopted. 

10 hours ago, Paul Palmer said:

Certainly got the capacity there Joe

Cheers Paul

ive also found a suitable tractor to pull the Claas Markant as well, although the drawbar is a little on the low side 😂

IMG_3592.jpeg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, SPN said:

Back in the day the baler would often be hitched to a 9 hole bar across the two link arms rather than to a clevis hitch.

Much better option! The hole needs widening a bit but that works a lot better 

IMG_3612.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve had this little Hurlimann for ages now, and I think it’s a decent model and from memory it was very cheap.  Ideal little odd job tractor and looks the part with something like these old rolls.  Yet another unconvincing background though sorry.  I am missing the two small add on parts with the indicators and side lights though, I don’t suppose anyone has a spare set?  I may have to buy another so it can be complete. 

IMG_3777.jpeg

IMG_3778.jpeg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...