County 1474 (version 2) / tabmodels

14 hours ago, Hajo said:

Indeed, looks amazing so far ... which tyres are under this beast?

Thanks Hajo, I'm using the wheels and tyres off the britains TW-15, I will be casting the correct wheel rims in resin once I make a master to copy.

I've never seen a 1474 with those adjustable wheels before. Any I've seen have had the solid flat centres like the UH 1474/1884.

If you are going for the wheels in the picture, maybe the Britains Renault Cergos wheels might be a good start.

Renault-Cergos-340-BRIT00225.jpg

3 hours ago, SPN said:

I've never seen a 1474 with those adjustable wheels before. Any I've seen have had the solid flat centres like the UH 1474/1884.

If you are going for the wheels in the picture, maybe the Britains Renault Cergos wheels might be a good start.

Renault-Cergos-340-BRIT00225.jpg

From what I can gather, the early version (1978/79?) of the slope nose had the adjustable wheels and the later version in the early 80s had the fixed plain wheels and the 1474 TW decal. I could be wrong because I've seen later TW versions with the adjustable wheels, so maybe it was optional?

That centre pattern looks bang on for the inside out centres on the 1474 pictured, thanks ;)

Or there is this option...

980730-1474-short-nose-county.jpg.d50f6238322a7941a364b3017b311742.jpg

11 minutes ago, prickles said:

all county 1474 short noses i ever recall all had adjustable wheel centres I've only seen model versions with solid centres

Yes Nick, any pics I can find of original machines have adjustable centres, unless perhaps specified by the customer for certain applications. The export 1464 seems to always sport the fixed centres.

CIMG0337.JPG.02a9496178ed2dd5614ee8aa695de953.JPGCIMG0336.JPG.b99b6fcf6662abf60eb62cc891a60a74.JPG

4 minutes ago, 1/32 farmer said:

sweet baby sweet 

lookin go tab as allways  can wait to see I finshed with wot ever wheels you decide to put on her 

Thanks Steve ^_^ I'll probably go with the adjustables just to make things awkward for myself :D

Almost forgot the assistor rams :blink:

CIMG0345.JPG.64df8ababb68443de839cc3c6c005d25.JPG

9 hours ago, Steve P said:

Looking good, always thought the short nose 1474 look a bit wierd (in a nice way) with there upside down nose!, cannot wait to see the finished article.

Yeah I always liked what County did with the bodywork on their tractors, very unique and nicely modified. The 1184 has to be the greatest looking original design for County

54 minutes ago, tabmodels said:

Yeah I always liked what County did with the bodywork on their tractors, very unique and nicely modified. The 1184 has to be the greatest looking original design for County

But always done for practical reasons. No fancy lights that cost 100's of £ to replace or mudguards that look nice but crack as soon as a twig hits them. 

5 minutes ago, mb86 said:

But always done for practical reasons. No fancy lights that cost 100's of £ to replace or mudguards that look nice but crack as soon as a twig hits them. 

Exactly Martin, rugged, practical and uncomplicated, and they still managed to make them look good!

10 hours ago, tabmodels said:

1 hour ago, Steve P said:

I have a soft spot for all the big wheelers but i would have to agree with Ian regarding the 1184, in my opinion probabley the best looking machine county produced.

Have to agree there,the 1184 was definitely the best looker,'specially the red Benson one,

Regards

Joe.

County Benson 1184.jpg

Archived