Case 1394

Another one from my past, thought I'd make a start on a Case 1394, a tractor that I spent many many hours driving as a young lad. This one will probably be magpie, but I haven't ruled out it sporting the red and black Case IH livery yet;) Anyway, engine and bonnet underway:

WP_20180211_18_25_03_Pro.jpg

WP_20180211_18_25_25_Pro.jpg

WP_20180211_18_28_25_Pro.jpg

WP_20180211_18_28_35_Pro.jpg

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, 844john said:

Another one from my past, thought I'd make a start on a Case 1394, a tractor that I spent many many hours driving as a young lad. This one will probably be magpie, but I haven't ruled out it sporting the red and black Case IH livery yet;) Anyway, engine and bonnet underway:

looking good soo far, I always like following your scratch builds.

Oh wow i did one years ago and it was posted on here i used the britains  red db 990 cut the bonnet off it grafted mine then  to a ertl db 1690  was a 1390 origionly then revamped and made into a case ih 1394 even did a mock up britains box sold her on ebay years ago    big regret 

DSC00706.jpg

Only to finnish her off ...nit a patch on anything you have done ....ive realy got to get a new roof on my shed and tools

I  did do a run of them i still got parts to make up one or two more  vut nithing ever finnished won second prize at spalding one year with a 1290  

DSC00378.jpg

7 minutes ago, GPS said:

I remain amazed at the skill of builders on this forum.

Was going to say has to be black/white, but seeing the red, I don’t know now. Only sensible solution is to do two!

That's what I was thinking Gavin, I think this one will be white as that's the ones I drove as a lad, but the next one will probably be red. And a six potter!:D

Ive only cut and glued tractors together and it shows  but the last few months there have been some exelent builds scratch and convo  

But to build from scratch like this its just amasing imagine a 1/16 th  i realy wish i could tackle  a ih like john has done but he keeps popping them out  wot a skill  hats off to you 

2 hours ago, 844john said:

Just another stunning build you’ve started there mate ! Well impressed 

10 minutes ago, Cheshire Farm Models said:

I’m looking forward to these leylands ! When you starting them mate ? 

Thanks Sam. I've started drawing up the plans, just need to pop up to Martins to get a few measurements from his 272, then we're ready to go.:)

6 hours ago, Cheshire Farm Models said:

Sounds good mate I take it your building from pics too ? 

Yes, this one is all from pictures at present, both leaflets and articles in Classic Tractor. However, one of the tractors I used to drive as a lad is still on the farm nearby, so handy for a few measurements if need be. I find leaflets are very useful as they nearly all quote the wheelbase and the height to the top of the cab, once I have these with a bit of simple maths I can then scale up the measurements from the photographs to get the dimensions I need:)

John i used to drive a d reg 1394 red but it had what i call the orbital stearing ram paralel to the stearing axel  

Our (no not mine but the chap i used to work on jis farm ) 996 had a powersteering system just like your 1394 

Try and get powereabbit on this topic he knows allot about the browns 

28 minutes ago, 844john said:

Looks like one of Sam's weathered models!:D

Haha nooo that’s to tidy ;) tell ya that’s had a hard life. I’ve seen worse the 135 I scraped out on had No bonnet :D just mudguards. Is this what your models gonna look like mate ? Obviously not weathered !! 

3 hours ago, Cheshire Farm Models said:

Haha nooo that’s to tidy ;) tell ya that’s had a hard life. I’ve seen worse the 135 I scraped out on had No bonnet :D just mudguards. Is this what your models gonna look like mate ? Obviously not weathered !! 

No, hopefully the model will look like she was when I used to drive her, she was brand new then. I've not asked but I would be surprised if she's still a runner, I've driven past for years now and she's not moved!;)

6 minutes ago, 844john said:

No, hopefully the model will look like she was when I used to drive her, she was brand new then. I've not asked but I would be surprised if she's still a runner, I've driven past for years now and she's not moved!;)

I do like the 1394s good little tractor. Hopefully that one is brought back to life mate. Was there a loader for these ? Grays I would imagine fitted well. Again something that would look good on my flat 8s as I’m really lacking a good loader tractor. We’ve got close to 10,000 models in our collection. Possibly more. Just a shame there’s no loader tractors that catch my eye 

first 4wd I ever drove was an A reg 1390 . it had a tanco loader fitted to it , after a few years it needed an engine rebuild as it wouldn't pull a hen of a nest, bless her , loved that old girl 

42 minutes ago, Cheshire Farm Models said:

I do like the 1394s good little tractor. Hopefully that one is brought back to life mate. Was there a loader for these ? Grays I would imagine fitted well. Again something that would look good on my flat 8s as I’m really lacking a good loader tractor. We’ve got close to 10,000 models in our collection. Possibly more. Just a shame there’s no loader tractors that catch my eye 

The 4wd  had a loader on, if I remember rightly it was a grays, it was yellow anyway!

30 minutes ago, dm434 said:

first 4wd I ever drove was an A reg 1390 . it had a tanco loader fitted to it , after a few years it needed an engine rebuild as it wouldn't pull a hen of a nest, bless her , loved that old girl 

This chap always had David Browns and then white Cases, 1290, 1390, 1394's, all good tractors in their day, just a little outdated in the gearbox and brake department. When you look back, its amazing the work you did with a 70hp tractor, today you need at least a hundred on a haybob!;)

23 minutes ago, 844john said:

The 4wd  had a loader on, if I remember rightly it was a grays, it was yellow anyway!

Aye will be a grays can’t think of another yellow one. I bet quicke did one for them too . Or farmhand. Ahh we had a farmhand and I cannot remember for the life of me what tractor it was on... sure it was a case I was only a little lad 

Archived