Case 1394

1 hour ago, Cheshire Farm Models said:

I do like the 1394s good little tractor. Hopefully that one is brought back to life mate. Was there a loader for these ? Grays I would imagine fitted well. Again something that would look good on my flat 8s as I’m really lacking a good loader tractor. We’ve got close to 10,000 models in our collection. Possibly more. Just a shame there’s no loader tractors that catch my eye 

The David Brown QD loaders were normaly fitted  

We had a d reg 4wd 1394 with qd loader not self leveling i dont think but  had rods to line up to indicate your bucket or forks were level  paralel to the ground surface

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, 844john said:

This chap always had David Browns and then white Cases, 1290, 1390, 1394's, all good tractors in their day, just a little outdated in the gearbox and brake department. When you look back, its amazing the work you did with a 70hp tractor, today you need at least a hundred on a haybob!;)

round here 70hp was classed as extravagant and a slight over kill back in the day ; now its vital to have just to scrape the cows out 

25 minutes ago, IH885XLMAN said:

The David Brown QD loaders were normaly fitted  

We had a d reg 4wd 1394 with qd loader not self leveling i dont think but  had rods to line up to indicate your bucket or forks were level  paralel to the ground surface

Thanks for that info mate. I thought before David brown we loaders may of been fitted. Truthfully I don’t rightly know. I’m a Massey and John Deere man. That’s all we’ve ever ran. Ford, new Holland and claas I’m okay with when it comes to spannering too ! 

6 minutes ago, Cheshire Farm Models said:

Thanks for that info mate. I thought before David brown we loaders may of been fitted. Truthfully I don’t rightly know. I’m a Massey and John Deere man. That’s all we’ve ever ran. Ford, new Holland and claas I’m okay with when it comes to spannering too ! 

I would imagine you'd get plenty of practice with the spanners on those blue machines:ph34r::D

Fuel tanks and cab iso-mount brackets added, and a start on the cab frame and interior. The cab is a bit tricky as it is curvy when viewed from in front or behind, a bit like the XL cab on internationals, but with a bit of stiffening inside it's starting to take shape:)

WP_20180213_18_27_28_Pro.jpg

WP_20180213_18_28_16_Pro.jpg

WP_20180213_18_29_00_Pro.jpg

WP_20180213_18_27_07_Pro.jpg

Looking good John :) though just be wary the cabs between these and the Leyland used explorer units are a little bit different, some of the brown's could have their cabs split at waistline around the bottom of the windscreen, the Leyland ones never had that feature, and also the "B" pillar is wider on the brown than the leyland one.....  wouldn't be much differing down at 32nd scale but seeing as your family think you have OCD it's just something to mull over if you went the harvest gold route after your 282 ;)

1 hour ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Looking good John :) though just be wary the cabs between these and the Leyland used explorer units are a little bit different, some of the brown's could have their cabs split at waistline around the bottom of the windscreen, the Leyland ones never had that feature, and also the "B" pillar is wider on the brown than the leyland one.....  wouldn't be much differing down at 32nd scale but seeing as your family think you have OCD it's just something to mull over if you went the harvest gold route after your 282 ;)

Thanks Paul, yes, you are right about the differences in the two cabs, it is also very noticeable inside as the dash sticks out much further in the Leyland than the Browns, subtle things but to my mind they do make a difference to the finished model. This is captain OCD signing off now:D And as an aside, if this bloody phone changes cabs to cans one more time.......:D

8 hours ago, IH885XLMAN said:

If u produce these john it would be a very expensive year for me but i dont care they are all perfect  they are a work of art 

Thanks Nigel, maybe I'd better stop posting any further progress!:D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Thought I should grab a bit of spare time to try and breathe some life into these builds as I've done nowt with them since before lambing time! Anyway, managed to make a start on the cab roof, mudguards and inside the cab. It's all a little rough as it's in the process of adding and sanding a bit of filler.

WP_20180705_17_21_43_Pro (2).jpg

WP_20180705_17_23_09_Pro.jpg

WP_20180705_17_23_52_Pro.jpg

WP_20180705_17_24_06_Pro.jpg

WP_20180705_17_26_46_Pro.jpg

Archived