Case 1394

27 minutes ago, Cheshire Farm Models said:

Far from it mate. Terrible here not even my heaters are working in this weather still getting the good old dull effect today. Rather you than me glazing ! I absolutely hate that job :D although it is very satisfying once done 

The black went on fine, but it's satin so no worry about a lack of shine there! As for the glazing, i think exactly the same, it's my least favourite job but along with adding the decals it really brings a model together:)

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, 844john said:

I need a few more red ones yet to keep your interest David!:D

where my interest in this build is , id be in my early teens , went to work for a neighbour who had a 1390 4wd , first 4wd I ever drove and have fond memories of her 

1 hour ago, 844john said:

The black went on fine, but it's satin so no worry about a lack of shine there! As for the glazing, i think exactly the same, it's my least favourite job but along with adding the decals it really brings a model together:)

Definitely mate. But I struggle to get clear Perspex, I always end up wet and drying it then using some of my dear maguires heavy cut compound for the car to bring the crystal clear look back. Decals are great water slide ones especially are very satisfying once applied. 

And with a wave of his magic wand..... another  fantastic masterpiece gets a step closer to being finished ;) Credit to you there John.... and here's me thinking that John Legend was a singer..... Nah... John the Legend is a true craftsman with a craft knife and plasticard ;):)

Thanks lads, it's amazing how getting a bit of paint on boosts your enthusiasm for a build, I suppose because you know it's nearing the end!:D I think you've had a good idea there Paul, a magic wand, that might speed up my to do list a bit......hmm, I wonder if Kylie's any good at cutting plasticard, -  two wishes in one!;)

10 hours ago, dm434 said:

where my interest in this build is , id be in my early teens , went to work for a neighbour who had a 1390 4wd , first 4wd I ever drove and have fond memories of her 

It's similar for me David, as I said at the start of the build its memories of driving the 12 and 1394's as a lad that inspired me to build this one. If I ever get round to it I'd like a 2wd as well as they got one of each new at the same time, but that one will have to wait for a while:)

3 hours ago, 844john said:

Thanks lads, it's amazing how getting a bit of paint on boosts your enthusiasm for a build, I suppose because you know it's nearing the end!:D I think you've had a good idea there Paul, a magic wand, that might speed up my to do list a bit......hmm, I wonder if Kylie's any good at cutting plasticard, -  two wishes in one!;)

I don't want to be thinking about Kylie and your magic wand thank you very much. 

4 hours ago, mb86 said:

I don't want to be thinking about Kylie and your magic wand thank you very much. 

I know what would happen to the wand if the wife found Kylie down the shed......and i don't think superglue would fix it!:o

37 minutes ago, Laois 1:32 said:

Where do you get the wheels for your models? 

Hello Nathan, welcome along by the way! The wheels for this one came from a Universal Hobbies McCormick CX105, I'd been looking for a good while for a set that we're the right size as most are too large, but we got there in the end!

22 hours ago, 844john said:

Hello Nathan, welcome along by the way! The wheels for this one came from a Universal Hobbies McCormick CX105, I'd been looking for a good while for a set that we're the right size as most are too large, but we got there in the end!

Thanks for that John. 

Finally got the cab glazed, been putting this off and it was as bad as i had anticipated! The thing is so curvy which makes it tricky for the plastic to stick, so numerous elastic bands and plenty of glue was the order of the day! There's a bit of tidying of the glue around the edges when it's properly dry, but at least it's done;) I was going to be starting a scratch built International with an  XL cab next, but that's even curvier, so i might have to think twice!:D

WP_20181206_18_20_53_Pro (2).jpg

WP_20181206_18_19_56_Pro (2).jpg

Archived