Case 1394

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having just caught up with your progress now the tyre fitter has been :D  and hell, that's some build John, very impressive to say the least....... that'll be jaw dropping when it's been through paint.... i've only one little technical issue with it though....it's not an 804!! hahhhaa ;):D 

Thanks Paul, I must get my finger out and and get the front axle made so that I can get the wheels on properly, after that there's not loads left to do before l can splash a bit of paint! As for a Marshall, well I seem to have settled into that classic era now with my builds, the next was going to be blue, but who knows;)

7 hours ago, alf aphid said:

John. Have you perfected the 36 hour day? You are a man possessed at the moment ! Up to your usual level I’m pleased to see!

Thanks Alastair, it's these long dark nights, living in the sticks your choices are limited to watching TV, having an in door hobby, or increasing the population;)......so modelling it is, after all there's never owt to watch on the TV, and even the slightest mention of another little bundle of joy sees me being threatened with a rubber ring and a pair of castrating pliers!:o:D

6 hours ago, ginjaninja95 said:

Cannot begin to phathom how you get this much detail, especially from scratch. A skill I could only dream of picking up haha excellent model

Thank you ginga, it's surprising how much detail you can get in, I'm just a bit constrained by dexterity and eye sight sometimes!:D

5 hours ago, 844john said:

Thanks Alastair, it's these long dark nights, living in the sticks your choices are limited to watching TV, having an in door hobby, or increasing the population;)......so modelling it is, after all there's never owt to watch on the TV, and even the slightest mention of another little bundle of joy sees me being threatened with a rubber ring and a pair of castrating pliers!:o:D

The model will give you hrs of enjoyment over next few years , tv like you say not a lot on , bundle of joy would be 5 min of fun :D(or is that just me ) and several years of expense  stick with the hobby you doing a grand job :) 

1 hour ago, Tractorman810 said:

Tidy john , wheels will be on the way tomorrow just not had time to get to the post office, but i am off tomorrow socget it done then 

Cheers Sean, not rush at all, just when you get chance thanks

2 hours ago, smithy said:

The model will give you hrs of enjoyment over next few years , tv like you say not a lot on , bundle of joy would be 5 min of fun :D(or is that just me ) and several years of expense  stick with the hobby you doing a grand job :) 

FIVE minutes:o I hope that's including time for a cuppa afterwards!:D

14 hours ago, 844john said:

God loves a trier! 

Theres always antiques road trip, which I’ve resorted to over past couple of nights, so middle aged!!

56 minutes ago, alf aphid said:

God loves a trier! 

Theres always antiques road trip, which I’ve resorted to over past couple of nights, so middle aged!!

You've got to get your fun where you can I suppose.....I'll stick to my Kylie calendar in my workshop, who cares if it's 2 years out of date and permanently on September:D

Some paint on, white is just primer and hasn't gone on as well as i would of liked, but should be ok when it's wet and dried. Little bits still to add like mirrors, wiper, plough lights and decals, but she's starting to come together:)

WP_20181202_15_25_05_Pro.jpg

WP_20181202_15_24_38_Pro.jpg

WP_20181202_15_24_49_Pro.jpg

WP_20181202_15_24_19_Pro.jpg

2 hours ago, Cheshire Farm Models said:

Looks bang on to me mate, a few little blemishes are inevitable I wouldn’t worry about it, the wet and dry method will definitely clean it up and iron out any issues. Honestly Looks so good real tidy little yoke. 

Cheers Sam, it's not ideal weather for painting, but yes the wet and dry should sort it, I'll wait until its a bit dryer before i top coat it, then I've got the joy of glazing to look forward to:D

Just now, 844john said:

Cheers Sam, it's not ideal weather for painting, but yes the wet and dry should sort it, I'll wait until its a bit dryer before i top coat it, then I've got the joy of glazing to look forward to:D

Far from it mate. Terrible here not even my heaters are working in this weather still getting the good old dull effect today. Rather you than me glazing ! I absolutely hate that job :D although it is very satisfying once done 

Archived