Case 1394

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Stabliofarmer said:

Beautiful work with the cab John, don't envy you when it comes to glazing it mind!

Thanks James, the easier route would be to glaze from the inside but as I've said before on the real ones the glass is bonded to the outside of the cab, so that's how it will have to be....I don't make things easy for myself:D

9 hours ago, mb86 said:

Cracking work so far john, looking forward to this as I do with all your builds. I struggling to find time to do anything with mine as well. 

Thanks Martin, you're right, there never seems to be time this time of year does there, and when you do have a spare hour or two, i look at them and then always find something else to do! I've decided it's much easier to get motivated with them when the dark nights come, and i don't want to see them for a while yet!

7 hours ago, tabmodels said:

Amazing work John, that cab looks like a total nightmare to build but you have nailed it! Love the detail around the rear linkage, keep up the excellent work!

Thank you Ian, yes, those cabs have more curves than Liz Hurley, but hopefully it'll get there in the end! Thinking about it, I know which I'd rather be working on, I'm pretty sure my interest level would be much higher if Liz was waiting down in my shed instead of a few plastic models!:wub::lol:

3 hours ago, 844john said:

Thank you Ian, yes, those cabs have more curves than Liz Hurley, but hopefully it'll get there in the end! Thinking about it, I know which I'd rather be working on, I'm pretty sure my interest level would be much higher if Liz was waiting down in my shed instead of a few plastic models!:wub::lol:

Ahh the power of incentive! :D:D

A little bit more done in the cab, handbrake and pto hand clutch made, clutch and brake pedals, hydraulic/ spool consol made, hand throttle and some dash details and a start on the steps.

WP_20180708_10_02_43_Pro.jpg

WP_20180708_15_56_50_Pro (2).jpg

WP_20180708_15_58_44_Pro.jpg

WP_20180708_16_00_20_Pro (2).jpg

WP_20180708_17_31_28_Pro.jpg

Looks stunning! I have been looking about for a chassis that might work as a base for a 4wd David Brown this size. Just can't imagine that I'll get the entire chassis built from scratch like you have. Hats off!

10 hours ago, Janval said:

Looks stunning! I have been looking about for a chassis that might work as a base for a 4wd David Brown this size. Just can't imagine that I'll get the entire chassis built from scratch like you have. Hats off!

Thanks Jan, to be honest, now that I've built a few different tractors from scratch I actually find the chassis one of the easiest ( and most enjoyable) parts of the build, it's all the fiddley bits like the steps and cabs and such that i find difficult! The beauty of building your own chassis is that you don't have to compromise with what's available, it doesn't matter as much with new stuff as all the engine and such is usually covered, but with older gear it's all visible and to me it makes a difference to the finished build.:)

59 minutes ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Impressive work John, liking this build alot :) fantastic scratch building and can't wait to see you finish her off :)

Thanks Paul, Marshall next perhaps whilst I'm putting myself through hell with this cab??;):D

5 hours ago, 844john said:

Thanks Jan, to be honest, now that I've built a few different tractors from scratch I actually find the chassis one of the easiest ( and most enjoyable) parts of the build, it's all the fiddley bits like the steps and cabs and such that i find difficult! The beauty of building your own chassis is that you don't have to compromise with what's available, it doesn't matter as much with new stuff as all the engine and such is usually covered, but with older gear it's all visible and to me it makes a difference to the finished build.:)

Maybe I should try, just give it a start and see where it takes me :) We'll see when my new brochures arrive, I have a few new DBs coming along there. Would probably rely heavily on internet based photos as well since I don't have access to the real machines in most cases

22 hours ago, 844john said:

Thanks Paul, Marshall next perhaps whilst I'm putting myself through hell with this cab??;):D

No bother John, Mmmmm that sounds like it'd be worth looking forward too as well :) If you do go that route i might have to try and twist your arm into a commission build ;):D 

1 hour ago, Valley Axe Man said:

No bother John, Mmmmm that sounds like it'd be worth looking forward too as well :) If you do go that route i might have to try and twist your arm into a commission build ;):D 

That's the trouble with this hobby Paul, I keep thinking of things that id like to build about ten times quicker than i can actually build them!:D However, I do think a Marshall would sit well alongside the Case when it's done, and my Dad did used to have one years ago, so that's a good enough excuse for me!;)

Exhaust, air pre-cleaner "mushroom", steps and front grill added. There are some clear lights to go in the grill and also on the rear mudguards, but these will be added after it's been painted

WP_20180710_17_46_08_Pro.jpg

WP_20180710_17_46_46_Pro.jpg

WP_20180710_17_47_19_Pro.jpg

2 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

very nice john, your next challenge is to make the doors open/close and the rear screen to :D:D 

Thanks Sean, I think even if my eyes could manage it, my fingers certainly couldn't!

• 4 months later...

Archived