International Harvester B47 Baler

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, alf aphid said:

Don’t wait too long, everyone bar me has been ill, been getting up 4-5 times a night to sort kids out, the build hasn’t even come close :D

they are on the mend though, so once I get caught up on sleep, stand by your beds!!!

Sorry to hear that Alastair, there's nothing worse than sleep deprivation, neither of our lovelies slept through until they were about 3 years old, so just as the first one was starting to sleep, we had the second, - six years of broken sleep every night.....no wonder I'm going grey!!! Hope everyone's well soon, then you can get back to your bench;)

9 hours ago, Cheshire Farm Models said:

Loving this little baler mate. My mate has one on his John Deere 2130 nice little combo. I follow with my mf 590 and a borrowed new Holland 940. 

Cheers Sam, good to hear from you again, it was a shame you didn't make it to Penrith!

7 minutes ago, IH885XLMAN said:

Imagine if you could scale down the working knotters  she looks lovely john 

The knotters are there Nigel, by way of some token bits of plastic, they look fairly like the real ones.....  from a distance:D As for making working ones.... . .:o:o:blink:

4 hours ago, 844john said:

Cheers Sam, good to hear from you again, it was a shame you didn't make it to Penrith!

Glad to be back mate. Yes absolute pain my mini decided to loose a few gears. I think the trackdays have killed the old girl ha ha!. Such a shame though was looking forward to meet everyone.

5 hours ago, 844john said:

Sorry to hear that Alastair, there's nothing worse than sleep deprivation, neither of our lovelies slept through until they were about 3 years old, so just as the first one was starting to sleep, we had the second, - six years of broken sleep every night.....no wonder I'm going grey!!! Hope everyone's well soon, then you can get back to your bench;)

Thanks John, luckily only 18 months between ours so hopefully full nights soon!  He days naively!!!!

16 hours ago, alf aphid said:

Really taking shape! That looks proportionally excellent John. I must get my finger out this weekend !

What’s on the cards this weekend mate ? I think you’d make a nice trailer forager... not that you need anymore jobs ha ha! ! Was just saying to Martin my phones away so I’m gonna have trouble photographing my latest orders ! The mf 200 grain trailer would of been of interest to you aswel ! 

16 minutes ago, Cheshire Farm Models said:

What’s on the cards this weekend mate ? I think you’d make a nice trailer forager... not that you need anymore jobs ha ha! ! Was just saying to Martin my phones away so I’m gonna have trouble photographing my latest orders ! The mf 200 grain trailer would of been of interest to you aswel ! 

Ah yes you know I love a classic trailer. You must show!! Need to finish my second 25m

19 hours ago, Cheshire Farm Models said:

I’ll see if I can hold onto it for a few more days ha ha! I’m sure he won’t mind. As I do want some pics of it. What’s left on the 25m mate ? 

In short, tipping ram and my favourite Massey paint!!!

eventually got round to tackling the pick-up reel, along with the reel guard, started adding other bits and pieces such as the needles, bale length setting mechanism and back door . The wheels used will be the same as the fronts on the 475, theses are just to give an idea of how it will look:)

WP_20181120_15_53_00_Pro.jpg

WP_20181120_15_52_26_Pro.jpg

WP_20181120_15_50_08_Pro.jpg

WP_20181120_15_52_13_Pro.jpg

WP_20181120_15_49_44_Pro.jpg

Archived