Spalding show October 7th

watermill

4 minutes ago, prickles said:

murdoch agri models i guessed it was bespoke built for your good self as it fits in with your fine collection- is the builder attending the forth coming show?

Perhaps that’s not mine then, I don’t even know murdoch Agri models :huh:

• 3 weeks later...

Well I thought I would make an appearance on were it’s been a while... yes us @ 1/32 farming models will be there as usual and looking forward to catching up will you guys but looking at this feed on here it looks like there are only a few going :P,,, and any way who’s idea was it to have Toytrac the week after spalding that dumb :angry:but hey ho it is what it is ,, I will be in the pub on Friday and Saturday night for a few slimline G&T ,,, 

Slimline G & T yuk

Yep all the UTS crew will be in the pub..not so keen on the show :)

7 minutes ago, convo said:

Well I thought I would make an appearance on were it’s been a while... yes us @ 1/32 farming models will be there as usual and looking forward to catching up will you guys but looking at this feed on here it looks like there are only a few going :P,,, and any way who’s idea was it to have Toytrac the week after spalding that dumb :angry:but hey ho it is what it is ,, I will be in the pub on Friday and Saturday night for a few slimline G&T ,,, 

12 hours ago, Udimore said:

Slimline G & T yuk

Yep all the UTS crew will be in the pub..not so keen on the show :)

Goodiestractor will be there flying the Brochure flag, It's always nice to catch up with young and old friends with a similar interest. we are between G & M models and Mr Frater

Lets hope It's a well attended show for all the hard work that's put in by all involved.

Yes maybe hard work setting up the show but ithat is it ... I think hard work needs spending in other areas as it is branded  the UKs  number one show ,,,,, massive lack of advertising,,, Facebook book page ???? And the other uks farm and construction shows are getting better attendance with people wanting to spend money ,,,, other shows in the uk seem to be changing with the times and keep things interesting to draw more new visitors,,,, when you at spalding just look round and tell me how manny young ones are there ,,,, these are the future,,, other model show are drawing in over 185 youngsters ,,, what a shame this show seems to be getting left behind,

i sometimes wonder with all shows a out their timings, spalding spring shows arround spring planting time,,autum shows arround winter crop,maize etc time, unless the weathers bad ,most farming members will be trying to work / catch up after bad weather, same in a way with other shows, in some ways it would be better to have them in say november to late February, when works slack and people are looking for stuff to do on a wet sunday, i always remember late october to late march being building maintance or machinery maintance, bar daily feeding and cleaning out, the sort of stuff that can be dropped for a good day out like spalding or toytrac , and easily caught up with. that said you will never ever please everyone and until people actually try and organise a show that big none of us will understand all the reasons , costs etc 

14 hours ago, Goodiestractor said:

Goodiestractor will be there flying the Brochure flag, It's always nice to catch up with young and old friends with a similar interest. we are between G & M models and Mr Frater

Lets hope It's a well attended show for all the hard work that's put in by all involved.

Are you the referee Goodie...……….There isn't much love lost between those two camps these days:lol:...………..Mind you don't get hit by Mands handbag in an altercation with Mr Frater:D

Guys the point I am making is only this spalding show has had a massive loss in footfall compared to the other farm model shows in the uk yes as a hobby the youngsters are not so interested and the time of year or and the weather ,,, so do only farmers come to these shows well as a trader 75% of my customers are from a none farming background some have had farming experience at some point ,,,,but you can do more in fact you can always do more to get new people through the door as you guys know we run the Lakeland Penrith show and every year we get told by new people visiting the show they never thought there was such a thing and ther return the next year ,,, we have had to turn away several displays and a hand full of traders over a month ago because the show is full ...I know how hard it is sorting out a show but you can not just sit on your hands exspecting people to turn up ,,, or is it that I have a vested interest in our show well maybe but I don’t here anybody disappointed who come to our show ,

Toytrac has record entry both by traders and displays this year ,,,Warwick Lemington spar show 1100 footfall ,,,Aberdeen show 800 plus every year ,,, does spalding even have Facebook as a free advertising platform because it seems to work very well for all the rest of us ,,, show models ? Looks at the effort Aberdeens show model and even Toytrac this year has a cracking John Deere show model this year ,, I remember the spalding show model been something to stand in the que early for ,,, like I said other uk shows are retaining number or even exiseding numbers through the door ,, does spalding close at 3pm on Sunday !!!! Please don’t think this is a slagging off it is just my frustrating for all of us who attend Spalding 

I have to agree with you Peter. For many years the Spalding show was the premier show in the UK but now I fear that it is quickly losing ground and many peopke are not attending. Whether that is due to the time of year, the lack of advertising on social media and other places or that other shows offer more to the visitor, I don't know.

I am not intending to go to Spalding this weekend, there are no models that I really want to buy and there is very little else to see in terms of displays and real machines. It will just be Penrith for me this year and I have to hand it to you and Sharon that this show is going from strength to strength, keep it up.

It is a shame that its considered to be on a decline and have to agree with many comments.  For me living in east Anglia (where there is a bit of farming), Spalding is the only show I can get away with going to (the extendable missus lead wont stretch further!)  Equally only the autumn one, so is it worthwhile having the spring show?  And reinvigorate the Autumn show?  I have to agree strongly that a late November/early December slot would be better for all those whose job involves land work and also be nearer to Christmas for those looking for presents both for others and themselves!

As its the only show I can get to, I do look forward to it, though the continuing advance of the interweb means that anything standing still is going backwards..... However, its easy to type a few words versus organising a show and indeed keeping it up with the times.......

I haven't been to Spalding (or Zwolle) for many years, for a number of reasons.

But I agree with Nick that a makeover is probably needed, whether it be a facelift or a whole new model.

The show is a good'un, but for me it is a very long way to travel, requiring a ferry trip and two overnight stays, and I'm not seeing a big reason to make that journey.

11 minutes ago, Udimore said:

To be honest if it was not for my clan wanting the social side of Spalding I would be at tractor world this weekend :wub:

That's quite an admission Bazza there would be a huge hole in the room if you weren't there.

That in itself should come as a big wake up call to the organisers 

1 hour ago, robbo said:

That's quite an admission Bazza there would be a huge hole in the room if you weren't there.

That in itself should come as a big wake up call to the organisers 

Hard to think I'd say that dating back in time but as Pete said its always the same old faces

The only thing these days that makes the show busy is when it rains, Understandably

Any way enough of  moaning about this show ,, more importantly if any one fancy a few beers or G&T in my case now and some good food in the restaurant next door to the traveloge in spalding as usual we will be in there from about 7 pm tonight,,, I might even go back to the Indian restaurant we went to last night in spalding it was cracking Gurkha oven gets 5 stars 

Good to catch up with a couple of folks today.  Pleased that it livened up after a quiet start. What really peed me off was hearing that someone was selling the early doors stickers outside! I have not heard anything like it! It's only £6 to get in ffs! 

Archived