Anderson Agri's collection

Anderson Agri

Meant to help yeah, standard size is 7.50 16 and 16.9 38

I was running 11.00 16 and 16.9 38 and achieved 28mph on a speed board so pretty accurate, now up to 18.4 38 on back and havent been clocked yet but definately faster. I'll get it clocked tomorrow to see ha ha! 

Got a big trip Sunday for a few new bits so give it a good run out 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Paul Palmer said:

isn't it the bigger tyres that increases the top speed?

It does indeed Paul but originally Zac's tractor on it's standard wheels could achieve a significantly higher speed than my 76 which is the same engine and drivetrain and was also on the same wheels  which is why I wondered if it revved harder to get those extra mph. On the other hand he could be Guy Martin in disguise...

• Haha 1

Same here Zac, I'd love to see your progress restoring it. I can remember being put on the wuffler as a kid of about 10 or 11, it was my first "proper" job on the tractor after learning to drive chain harrowing. I can still remember the sound it made and how it bounced slightly on its tyres when it was stood running. One row at a time, following a 5' cut mower sat on a little Dexta, it must have taken forever....happy days!

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

At this rate Zac your going to need a bigger shed and an even bigger field for storage, nice finds by the way, something a bit different :)

I already need a bigger shed ha ha!!! Still only half built the first one, field is now littered with stuff looking like a dealers yard 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, 844john said:

The one without the engine looks to be in decent condition from the pictures Zac

Story was it was being restored, engine sent away to be overhauled then it dissapeared and it never returned so it sat in a hedge. Plan is either to put the other engine in it and build it up or put a 6 pot in it, I'm tempted by second option just for Greta ha ha!

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Things have been quiet recently with not much to be getting on with in this horrible weather. But such a lovely day today has brought another addition to the collection. A 1959 David Brown 950, always liked the implematics and said I'd like to get one sometime and this little cracker came up. Hope to get more out to shows this year but with the big Corona virus scare it's not looking promising IMG_20200313_122744946_HDR.thumb.jpg.4c58c0910cbab80c12a41fe9df3c7429.jpgIMG_20200313_124046235_HDR.thumb.jpg.24117a9e1faf41ef9f73ec5afc071a9a.jpg

• Like 5