The new ROS Ideal Combines

AgriFarmModels

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, catkom3 said:

No,it would need to be a four wheel steer for that length of header,probably need to be scratch built,

Regards

Joe.

Just checking - for me, I'd like a combine which can be displayed in work/road modes, and has a header trailer.

Opening panels also good, but not essential - that was one of the reasons I liked those Siku combines (MF Delta/Fendt Hybrid/John Deere T670i)

I thought the Wiking 780 was about the ultimate combine model.

I was keen for an Ideal 7 to be released, but as limited as I now am for space, only have room for 1 combine, and more than happy with my Deutz.

I think its heartening that Ros has altered the Ideals to depict in both modes, and a nice touch to release 2 different models.  

Its good to read favourable reports on them in magazines, especially after the horror stories of the early Deltas.

Some pics of the newer ideal, haven’t got the original to directly compare to but from pics I think there is a massive improvement, grain lids, can, steps, tracks, 

header is good but slightly lacking detail compared to Wiking headers, also lacking a header trailer, not a minor issue but would be liked 

If people want anymore pics let me know and I’ll try my best DB2C37FE-7563-482C-8420-8EAC347BA1F2.thumb.jpeg.3502732e0560a6464b8abef9761b11f6.jpeg

678233CE-A5D2-413A-9696-352BA94E4126.jpeg

9D447590-E0F5-407C-966B-DD94EC870739.jpeg

D3AFEC99-31A6-4FE1-8D02-1C26C7ED0839.jpeg

F56294F0-7781-4790-AF92-B9E9450B3A6D.jpeg

9A1DEF52-9A74-43F8-90ED-85BEAFA09728.jpeg

54C986BD-547A-4E86-B988-EAA2BE69292F.jpeg

98C8A8E4-A39D-4C34-AAD9-583ADC7CD9C8.jpeg

54ACEB5C-EEAF-4F29-B3F5-53CED9451DF7.jpeg

3324EF9C-6560-44B4-A898-9A4DFE2940C6.jpeg

69EB3F57-FA21-4FE6-B60B-F72EC75384EA.jpeg

As a commercial Carpenter I have fitted out a few schools in recent years and one thing they all had in common was...…………….Grey skirting boards and architraves!   Apparently anything with colour causes the kids to freak out!!   So in order to keep them dull and dumbed down and joyless, promote grey...…………...oh and while we are at it make them listen to 24hr rap music promoting death, despair and gloom!!   I hate most rap and I hate grey combines...……………….paint the flippin things red or Green ffs!!

9 hours ago, b_emmons said:

still not a model for my collection :(

battleship grey belongs on a battleship :ph34r:

21 minutes ago, bluegreen said:

As a commercial Carpenter I have fitted out a few schools in recent years and one thing they all had in common was...…………….Grey skirting boards and architraves!   Apparently anything with colour causes the kids to freak out!!   So in order to keep them dull and dumbed down and joyless, promote grey...…………...oh and while we are at it make them listen to 24hr rap music promoting death, despair and gloom!!   I hate most rap and I hate grey combines...……………….paint the flippin things red or Green ffs!!

At first I was thinking get them painted green/red, but now am liking Black and grey, makes them different from the greens of Deere and claas

2 hours ago, bluegreen said:

I have been tempted to paint mine red, but when it is a £200 model it concentrates the mind when you get out the spray paint can.  

12 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

Just cant warm to the grey colour ,  i get the logic of same use parts etc but not same colour , its loosing the identity of the brand. Still a hell of a model , but i think if buying one i would go for the smaller 7t is it ? 

got to agree with you there Sean,massey red,fendt green,but there you go

Excellent pictures Ben,nice to see they've sorted the auger out,it used to just stick straight out,it was barely high enough to get a trailer under,the opening lids are way better too,but I think you'll find the header is better than the Wiking Lexion as the reel can over up or down on tiny hydraulic rams,so you can pose it at the wheat or OSR, and it has the belts in front of the auger as for the colour,I really like it,don't remember anyone moaning when AGCO revealled the Next Massey in black,!!

Regards

Joe.

My 9T 1.jpg

My 9T 2.jpg

My Next Massey.jpg

difference is joe they are limited editions not run of the mill  production stuff like the combines are , had it been just a launch gimmick , then a few months later  out came red and green fine, the brands and everyones recognition of the brand is still there, it would be like jd going  purple  for arguments sake . 

I think the difference is that the Ideal combine wasn't a using of similar parts between machines it was a joint project between all Agco divisions to build a combine from scratch.  

I think that is the reason they dont have Brand colors as it isn't the product of one brand it is a joint Agco project.  

Potential it should have been in the Agco Orange/Red.  

11e137309e5999fb5be84176b579284c.jpg

4 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

Just cant warm to the grey colour ,  i get the logic of same use parts etc but not same colour , its loosing the identity of the brand. Still a hell of a model , but i think if buying one i would go for the smaller 7t is it ? 

7 is the smaller ltd one, but is wheeled and has maize picker header, same for the Massey 7 and bigger Massey ideal is a 9t 

8 hours ago, sipher172 said:

I think the difference is that the Ideal combine wasn't a using of similar parts between machines it was a joint project between all Agco divisions to build a combine from scratch.  

I think that is the reason they dont have Brand colors as it isn't the product of one brand it is a joint Agco project.  

Potential it should have been in the Agco Orange/Red.  

11e137309e5999fb5be84176b579284c.jpg

to my eyes the Ideal would look better in this colour :)

Archived