Implements for the 70’s & 80’s tractors

watermill

Who wishes we could have a range of implements designed for the tractors of the 70’s & 80’s?? I don’t just mean heritage style equipment, and not some implements that are just in keeping with that era, but in keeping with the tractors, so made in a similar way, similar build etc?? Plough, cultivation equipment, harvest equipment, trailers etc. Implements the would actually go on the back of the 595, the 6600, the fiat and deutz etc 

I agree Charlie, it would be nice to see more implements that were "new" back in the '70's and '80's when I was growing up, I know that manufacturers have to produce what sells, hence why the "toy" market such as Britains and Siku mainly produce modern equipment as that is what the younger generation generally want ( when I was seven or eight I wanted tractors that were new out in the fields like the 6600,s, TW20's and such to play with, not models of standard fordson's and grey fergies) but if the general feeling on here is anything to go by then I think there is a strong demand from collectors for this type of model.....I suppose you only have to look at the success of the recent 1174 as an indicator of the interest tthat there still is in this old kit.

I totally agree .. There is some stuff starting to trickle threw like the UH Taarup stuff, Vicon spreaders and some conventional balers.  But a single axle silage trailer would be nice. Muck spreader like the the old Britains Howard. Some Ransomes tillage gear maybe..Basicly the kind of things we had from Britains back in the 70's & 80's ...only there is now the scope to pump more detail into them.. 

i suspect its more likley to be euro brands than uk, but close enough for repaints if all else fails i guess , i am surprised given the tarrups from uh, they have not done a silage version of the fergy trailer, even if its just tin upper sections added ,  would stuff like that habe been used in mainland europe in the past ? 

9 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

i suspect its more likley to be euro brands than uk, but close enough for repaints if all else fails i guess , i am surprised given the tarrups from uh, they have not done a silage version of the fergy trailer, even if its just tin upper sections added ,  would stuff like that habe been used in mainland europe in the past ? 

Britains have a licence to produce Kane products.  So they should have done a one of these to pair with the JD chopper. UH produced the Taarup silage trailer (ok unfamiliar to UK and Irish farmers) more mainland Europe...but still they tought of a trailer for the single chop. Britains need to wake up. The Kane Classic twin axle was too big & high to attach to the JD chopper . Instead we had to go back 20 years plus to find their Claas/ MF200 tipper  to match/pair up with it...:huh:

IMG_2980_zpspbfnauod.jpg.cf23e64bf818f339a8f969883da8e1e7.jpg

I think it would be interesting to see some kind of figures of how Britain's make their sales, in terms of sales to collectors and sales as toys, I find it a lot easier to get Britain's items from model shops than toy shops. I know they exhibit at model shows but do they realise the potential market of producing a line more aimed at collectors? I know I would be happy to pay a little more for the addition of some pipes and other extra detail. The ertl prestige line has been popular, why not britains heritage/prestige?

4 or 5 furrow conventional plough. Maybe even a 6 furrow semi mounted.

10, 12, 14ft disc harrow and tine harrow.

MF30 seed drill.

8 ton, 10 ton, 12 ton grain and silage trailers

rotavator

Kits or ready made.

On 4/19/2019 at 11:04 PM, justy 46 said:

Britains have a licence to produce Kane products.  So they should have done a one of these to pair with the JD chopper. UH produced the Taarup silage trailer (ok unfamiliar to UK and Irish farmers) more mainland Europe...but still they tought of a trailer for the single chop. Britains need to wake up. The Kane Classic twin axle was too big & high to attach to the JD chopper . Instead we had to go back 20 years plus to find their Claas/ MF200 tipper  to match/pair up with it...:huh:

IMG_2980_zpspbfnauod.jpg.cf23e64bf818f339a8f969883da8e1e7.jpg

Britains older 14t marston silage trailer is also too big and tall to put behind or beside the JD chopper rather disappointingly!!. 

5 hours ago, Steve P said:

Britains older 14t marston silage trailer is also too big and tall to put behind or beside the JD chopper rather disappointingly!!. 

If i remember rightly the old britains marston actually scaled in at nearer a 18-20 ton version , even when i cut them down they were still a bit oversized 

4 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

If i remember rightly the old britains marston actually scaled in at nearer a 18-20 ton version , even when i cut them down they were still a bit oversized 

Remember the Britains  JD 6650 silage harvester from around the same era as the Marston ..The spout could not even raise over the trailer.. Britains always seem to make blunders .

I only really noticed as i did a good few of the cut down conversion for people, i got the marston brouchure of the website as they were all online and my cut downs were just a smidge out for a 14 tonner , still a bit to long, sure it sat in-between the 18/20 area size wise when converted up as standard. 

Archived