John Deere 7810 Limited Edition

AndyB

26 minutes ago, AndyB said:

Spotted these on Fleabay.  Wasn't aware of them, snuck in on the quiet?  Anyway, at the moment, the cheapest way to get a 7810!!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Schuco-John-Deere-7810-Powershift-Limited-Edition-1000-Best-Offer-Wins/273851290938?hash=item3fc2cf153a:g:v6QAAOSw~WFc3smg

and these were going £300 + a few weeks back..  Guys jumped the gun thinking they were no more.. :huh:

3 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

bar the cb aerial  is there much difference in that and the originals then? 

Would imagine the number plate as well.  Will take some photos when I get a delivery:D

Well the first one arrived a day or two ago.  I must admit I don't unpack many of my tractors, but this one I did.  The first thing that happened when trying to get the band holding the doors and mirrors in was that a mirror pinged off!  Can I get it back on.....  Anyway a few photos to for those interested and to spot the difference between this and the shelf version.  Another thing I will say is that Schuco models don't have much metal in them and are as a result very fragile!  I confirmed this after one of the hand rails came adrift!!

IMG_6929.JPG

So what is the difference then, I must confess I bought one but my original is packed away! Pretty ridiculous purchase really but I love it, presume the gearstick is different?

“De-german’d” mine! 

17282C1F-DD53-41A5-B4FE-BBCFDA5F9600.jpeg

1252F408-7C90-4F57-950E-5308A10389BB.jpeg

8 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

so far i can see a cool box and the cb aerial that isn't on the standard one ,prob number plate was different 

4 hours ago, justy 46 said:

The difference is the original was made 2 to 3 years ago & the limited edition was made last month .!! :blink: ..ohh..and it had a different box ! :D

Well as long as I haven’t been hoodwinked into wasting my money on something I already have then that’s all good ! :D

salesman's dream! 

Besides I think that aerial really sets it off :wacko:

5 hours ago, alf aphid said:

Well as long as I haven’t been hoodwinked into wasting my money on something I already have then that’s all good ! :D

salesman's dream! 

Besides I think that aerial really sets it off :wacko:

I must admit Alastair, I'm struggling to see any differences between them, here's a picture of one of my original ones that i got a few years ago now....complete with said aerial;)

Look at it this way, it'll probably always be worth more than you paid for it;)

WP_20190528_05_27_31_Pro.jpg

Before the realise of the limited edition..there was a few originals that popped up on EBay a few months back and were sold for €300+ I think...  now the guys that bought them must be kicking themselfs !!

15 hours ago, 844john said:

I must admit Alastair, I'm struggling to see any differences between them, here's a picture of one of my original ones that i got a few years ago now....complete with said aerial;)

Look at it this way, it'll probably always be worth more than you paid for it;)

WP_20190528_05_27_31_Pro.jpg

Ha so it really is a scam then, not even the aerial is unique! Oh well I still like it :D

I know I’m going of topic here, but it does surprise me that schuco don’t milk these things more, why not do all the different versions. I’m also staggered tha due to to the surely massive success of these, why have they not produced the 6 cyl 6000 series when half the tooling costs have already been born in axles, wheels and cabs etc....weird 

What amazes me is that they are on sale for an array of prices!  I got mine around the £75 mark John Deere themselves have it at Euro 81, but some EU based sellers have them at around the Euro 110 level, but UK based sellers are trying to knock them out above £120!!

theres been rumours of a 6*10 for a while now ,i know one was measured up, and intrest sounded out, as my uncle was asked via the stores guy if he wanted some, due to me buying through him, i am tight and like a discount after-all :ph34r: , i am guessing it may have been in their yard given he seemed to know all about it, sure they look at more than one mind

14 minutes ago, AndyB said:

What amazes me is that they are on sale for an array of prices!  I got mine around the £75 mark John Deere themselves have it at Euro 81, but some EU based sellers have them at around the Euro 110 level, but UK based sellers are trying to knock them out above £120!!

Yes I noticed it’s climbing in price, I too paid £75 which I thought was a bit steep!

15 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

theres been rumours of a 6*10 for a while now ,i know one was measured up, and intrest sounded out, as my uncle was asked via the stores guy if he wanted some, due to me buying through him, i am tight and like a discount after-all :ph34r: , i am guessing it may have been in their yard given he seemed to know all about it, sure they look at more than one mind

Interesting, I wonder who that was, they have churned out many far smaller selling items so far, they haven’t even exploited the 6400

Archived