Aarons Covnversions/ Scratchbuilds

Next, Britains Kane with a few mods, the whole reason this topic was started, a post in another topic reminded me of this convo I was going to add these pics into that thread, but thought I'd just throw all the builds and convos up together. Its had new rims made up and fitted to narrow the track in a lot more to resemble the real deal a bit better, as well as new rear hubs and steering arm to give a better lock. This was done as a trial run when I first started printing, as well as a mock up for a few silage trailers when I get the time to get them started, theyll have the same treatment as well as a red paint job.

IMG_3590.JPG

IMG_3591.JPG

IMG_3592.JPG

IMG_3593.JPG

IMG_3594.JPG

• Like 8

I’m the same, flat out between uni, placement and farm stuff, I just start it in the morning and it’s finished a print for when I get home at night. Running an ender 3 using pla for most stuff. Have played about with Petg after I got a roll by accident. It seems good for little complex things, seems to be a lot stronger than the pla, could have been the way it was sliced though. Hoping to add a raspberry pi and run ocotprint on it to run the printer with WiFi and monitor it when I’m away

• Like 1

Some impressive work Aaron!

Particularly like the trailers, slurry store and tanker. You've included plenty of the details most of the resprays you see are missing.

I can't help but think for the Silo walls it would be more economical to create a silicone mould of the 3D print and resin or plaster cast them? What is the print time for one?

Thanks, it’s all the details you notice after staring at one for a day :D. Silicone mould would probably be quicker, would he tempted to go plaster for the finish, ie no finishing needed, but making them hollow etc like I can produce a print wouldn’t be the easiest, hence more material used, higher cost per part, plus more time filling the moulds etc, whereas I can start the printer in the mornings, check the first layer etc, then go on to work. Print time is typically around an hour per wall, but I’m running them off 12+ at a time to get the most out of the machine. Cost per wall/ slat etc whatever the parts is would be similar I’d imagine, most of the time is spent finishing the part I’ve found, which is going to be universal across either production method, as I can get away with no sanding etc off the printer. Shoot me a pm if you’re interested in hearing more about the printers

Edited by aaron moore
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, Barry said:

Very impressive stuff.

I'm going to be looking at all information on the Ender 3 over the Christmas break now!!!

Drop me a pm if you’ve any questions about them. Been running mine fairly hard now for a year and haven’t had any real issues. Definitely recommend one 

• 3 months later...

Another one started now we’re into iso for a while, should hopefully actually get some more stuff finished now opposed to started something and getting distracted. 

John Deere 6930 with correct bonnet. Hopefully get a few cast up down the line to do a couple more. Few tweaks to make still and a bit of work to do on the top

360852F2-038A-4B5B-A379-D25D63C942A0.jpeg

28422CD9-01ED-46C5-BCB8-02D5A75F0C86.jpeg

• Like 8

Thanks chaps. Yes Siku 6920 bonnet, milled out to take the wiking grills. Still to add the line down the middle, want to try and add a bit more of the 30 series shape to it as well before hopefully getting it 3D scanned and onto the printer