Tong Caretaker Mobile Vegetable Grader

So I have made the same mistake as always, I have started another project whilst I have many other projects on the go.  

I have planned on on building a grader for quite a while and finally got some of the measurements I needed.  

I have included a photo of what the finished grader should look like as well.  

Tong-Caretaker-Hopper-5-1024x768.jpg

20191207_211502.jpg

20191207_211510.jpg

20191207_223409.jpg

20191207_223412.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/19/2019 at 6:32 AM, dr-abich said:

Looks very interesting to me. Have You got any drawings of that?Have to build one for my farm

No I dont have any scale drawings, I have based it all on photos from the Tong website.  As Tong custom build them, the dimensions can be a bit random.  So I used that philosophy to my advantage, in that I guessed most measurements.  I see it more as a characture of the real machine rather than a scale model, haha.  

Made a little further progress today, added the second inspection platform.  Also completed the front section and removable draw bar.  Added the patterned top to the Easy Clean section.  

All that is left are to add the motor mounts, support legs and some detailing elements.  Hopefully get those done tomorrow, so it will be ready for a coat of primer.  

20200103_194355.jpg

20200103_194400.jpg

20200103_195230.jpg

20200103_195045.jpg

On 1/3/2020 at 9:27 PM, chris.watson said:

Coming along nicely, well done.^_^

Thanks very much

On 1/4/2020 at 1:05 AM, Stabliofarmer said:

Really nice work, particularly tricky with the variety of angles in the hopper and the amount of frame work to keep straight and true so really nicely done 

Thanks, A lot of trial and error, quite a bit of luck as well.  Managed to finish with the sides only out by 1mm.  

On 1/4/2020 at 4:10 AM, Tractorman810 said:

liking that a lot, a very under represented area in 1:32 models for sure .

Thanks, it's one of the reasons I like building vegetable equipment.  As there is a pretty good chance the major manufacturers wont release a version, leaving my scratch build redundant.  

On 1/4/2020 at 4:58 PM, Christoph1972 said:

It seems to be going very good and unique! I look forward to see your strides! :)

Thanks, I am about 50% of the way there.  Haven't started the second section yet.  

1 hour ago, dr-abich said:

Looks impressive.  On one photo am i spot  Standen potato harvester? Anymore photos of that?

This is some photos of the build and there are some photos of the completed harvested in the Lantau Farms topic.  

You may also be interested in this.  

• 3 months later...

Made a start today on the rear section of the grader, with the easy grade and picking line.  I learnt from a lot of the mistakes I made on the intake hopper so it has come together quite quickly.  

Just got to build the off take conveyors and the picking line standing platforms.  

20200430_171552.jpg

20200430_171557.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got the last coat of paint of the rear section of the grader.  I have also added all the belts.  Now just final details to add, motors, stands, decals, etc.  only issue I have is getting some scaled mesh for the easy grade. 

20200523_121313.jpg

Archived