Lower Manor Farm

Anderson Agri

• 2 weeks later...

like john i much preffer the older stuff, hence why ash tree wont go beyond  2000 tractor and kit wise, when we sold up. i just appreciate that kit more , its all different between the brands etc, mf was red, jd was  green, even fendt in those days was just green , huge amount of implements as well brand wise, 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, 844john said:

For me Zac, it's so much nicer to see these older layouts  rather than looking at brand new 300hp tractors with huge spreaders on the back! Mind you, it's still a bit modern to what I remember as a littlt'un of about 8 or 9,....me plonked on the seat of the dexta and carefully steering it across the field while Dad stood on the trailer and spread the muck off it by hand with a gripe. We only had a little spot, but looking  back, we were still a long way behind the times in those days:D 

Have a fond memory of similar time.. was an old John Deere with my dad and his friend stood on trailer throwing muck of. Was told to keep steering forward 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Pete said:

Have a fond memory of similar time.. was an old John Deere with my dad and his friend stood on trailer throwing muck of. Was told to keep steering forward 

my first memory is the same except for I think it was fodder beat feeding cattle ,I was about 6,steering around the field on a mf35

• Like 2

My first drive was when I was four, my dad's John Deere compact tractor he used for cutting grass for the council. My mum and dad woke early one morning to the sound of it driving away, and thought it was being stolen and when he came out he found me driving up the drive away to cut some grass! I used to go to work with my dad and I had watched him and taught myself to drive it. I can't remember too much about it but IV been told the story many times haha. That would of been about 1988. Have fond memories of steering the combine sitting of my dad's knee aswell. Great times.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, mb86 said:

Brilliant photos and well done on your 1st place in the competition. Is one of the majors and the brace of grey fergys new additions to the fleet? 

Thank you. The gray fergy with loader is a new addition as an exdemo model. And the new fordson is a second had buy. The other new tractors u see is a combination of local naybours out to help us. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1