What's your latest Farm/Construction buy 2020

robbo

I like the new Fendt 816 model Joe, but never did see one working when they were around. However one local(ish) farm had both a 514 and original 818 (circa 1993 "L" reg) and that was a big tractor back then.  I will wait for the inevitable Weise "cashing in" on the models tooling and when they stick an  818 decal on the model probably  by xmas:D

Im weighing up buying an 828 and improving it as they are a lot of model for a very reasonable price (£50) currently.  Mind you I wish they had upgraded them into the much nicer "Nature Green" livery,  I would have bought one of them straight away if they had done that.

IMG_4663.JPG

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/1/2020 at 9:28 AM, super6 said:

There was an article in one of the tractor magazines about these Griffiths trailer conversions and the person doing them, cannot find it now, was a fair few years ago. Is the box marked up in any way, other decals to rear of trailer?

I used to do the chopped down ones way back , sold loads as well , but never got asked to do a griffiths one, plenty of richard westons down and standard colour marstons mind , still got a grain one in the loft but never kept a silage one 

4 hours ago, bluegreen said:

I like the new Fendt 816 model Joe, but never did see one working when they were around. However one local(ish) farm had both a 514 and original 818 (circa 1993 "L" reg) and that was a big tractor back then.  I will wait for the inevitable Weise "cashing in" on the models tooling and when they stick an  818 decal on the model probably  by xmas:D

Im weighing up buying an 828 and improving it as they are a lot of model for a very reasonable price (£50) currently.  Mind you I wish they had upgraded them into the much nicer "Nature Green" livery,  I would have bought one of them straight away if they had done that.

IMG_4663.JPG

The 828 is really nice Phil, I prefer the original one, but the later one is still good.  Only slight gripe is that there are no magnetic hubs for the rear wheels. 

I never saw any around Shropshire when I was growing up, though they are quite common nowadays.  

On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2020 at 7:48 PM, CX820Joe said:

UH 724...I cant decide whether I like it enough to keep it though 

20200426_173600.jpg

The UH 724 is nowhere near as accurate as the ROS version Joe,  The UH just doesn't look right.  The ROS models only bad feature is very poor tyre detail, I replaced my 720s tyres and the model looks very good now. Mind you ROS are about to release a row crop version of their designline 724 model and it looks spot on!!!! 

Thankyou Jos at T Toys Nazereth for pics.

fendt-724-vario---designline-op-cultuurwielen---ombouw_52622_0.jpgfendt-724-vario---designline-op-cultuurwielen---ombouw_52622_1.jpgfendt-724-vario---designline-op-cultuurwielen---ombouw_52622_2.jpg

3 hours ago, trigger82 said:

Came today 

received_657262331517760.jpeg

received_269467334188745.jpeg

received_696629434428750.jpeg

received_590258451589504.jpeg

received_296269528071660.jpeg

That 990 Baker is what I'm going to but. Looks better than the one with the cloth that lifts up. Nice set of models and there all the right colours.. 

On 5/5/2020 at 7:50 AM, trigger82 said:

Got this for £20 happy days 

FB_IMG_1588631864868.jpg

Is the shell tanker identical to the milk lorry as in tank and ladders on side? If it is I'm tempted to buy one cheap and stick some stobarts fuel stickers on it. 

2 minutes ago, L33 Da17on said:

Is the shell tanker identical to the milk lorry as in tank and ladders on side? If it is I'm tempted to buy one cheap and stick some stobarts fuel stickers on it. 

I have to look and see I put the 2 of them together  see what they look like. 

12 minutes ago, trigger82 said:

I have to look and see I put the 2 of them together  see what they look like. 

Cool thanks did britains do the milk lorry in the blue and one in black and white I'll have a little look on Ebay now. 

That's 5he other one I was thinking of. They did a milk lorry in a light coloured blue as well that's the one I had as a child. Looking at that it looks like there all the same just colours and decals are different. Thanks for posting. Think I'll look out for a cheap one on Ebay. 

5 minutes ago, L33 Da17on said:

That's 5he other one I was thinking of. They did a milk lorry in a light coloured blue as well that's the one I had as a child. Looking at that it looks like there all the same just colours and decals are different. Thanks for posting. Think I'll look out for a cheap one on Ebay. 

Yes I have the light blue one as well Ebay is gone mad these days stuff making mad money  hard for the collector to buy :o

14 minutes ago, trigger82 said:

Yes I have the light blue one as well Ebay is gone mad these days stuff making mad money  hard for the collector to buy :o

Yeah it just a bidding war I've been buying stuff what I can remember having has a child but sometimes you got to stop and think something will come along. These are the local fuel lads round our way would be nice to convert one to look like there's Screenshot_20200507-091013_Google.thumb.jpg.c04e800b77f9cfd6c53215cd524f79b3.jpg

A Britains db 996. Off eBay from France , even with the £9 postage it was still cheaper than getting it from a uk seller , bought it on Wednesday and it arrived today 

Archived