Ros releases 2020

robbo

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, justy 46 said:

Why don't they do a 7740 in later NH colours with the Imber castings. ! All there various Genesis models is really milking it..

i am not sure if ros actually have the rights /license’s to the imber 40 series it was steve harris that commissioned them at the start so he may hold it still and also own the moulds for the parts  ? ros were just his producers .

27 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

i am not sure if ros actually have the rights /license’s to the imber 40 series it was steve harris that commissioned them at the start so he may hold it still and also own the moulds for the parts  ? ros were just his producers .

It's an opening for Steve Harris if that's the case .!!!

Sean knows about this more than most on here,it is a very expensive affair getting a new model up and running i should imagine,wether you have the moulds or not,license from new holland for a start,that wouldnt be cheap and i cant remember how many were made but farmmodels and other retailers still have stock,so they hardly flew off the shelves without being rude 

Paul, you are right. I seem to remember that the minimum run of each of the Imber models was 7500, Ros just wouldn't do it for less. Unfortunately they did not sell as well as Steve was hoping which now accounts for them being sold off at rock bottom prices. I got 2 Imbers last November at Zwolle for 25 euros each but when they first came out they were considerably more than that

I remember when the first 5640s came out ...I rushed to snap one up thinking they would disappear. Almost 8 years on and they are still plentiful.  BUT ...you can be sure if they started to become scarce in a few months time ....they would begin to climb in value ( and it will happen ) much like the Heritage 6600 & 7600 are today, even the Marge Ford's.  It's when they start becoming hard to find , is when the demand kicks in again for them. I still think NH versions of the 40 Series are worth a shot.  I think there will be alot more off them Genesis models hanging around now than anything else if they are doing that many versions on top off what's already on offer ...its the same thing. 

• 1 month later...
  • robbo unpinned this topic

Archived