Roadless Ploughmaster 78K / 118S

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lambing has certainly stopped play on the model front this year, but things are starting to get back to normality now (whatever that is!), anyway, a little more done on the 118. I managed to source some 34" wheels for the back, which I've cast as a separate rim and tyre to ease painting, and 24" for the front with new centres made up. Front axle built, front weight, engine side rails, exhaust and a start in the cab:)

WP_20200422_17_22_22_Pro.jpg

WP_20200422_17_22_05_Pro.jpg

WP_20200422_17_21_51_Pro.jpg

WP_20200422_17_18_30_Pro.jpg

WP_20200422_17_19_30_Pro.jpg

WP_20200422_17_20_27_Pro.jpg

That looks the busness  

My dad worked in the falklands as a stock controller i remember  him sending me  photos of murhill and counties being off loaded  I'm sure they had roadless ones like that too might have been red and white though 

Looks like your getting there John,  despite your time away to play midwife for the ewes, there are photo's about somewhere that i took at the bottom of our road when i was a young lad, Coars used to have a 98 and a 118 to pull thier JF's, both choppers had engines on the drawbar, but between them they could clear some ground in a day, had a fleet of half a dozen on carting duty with a right mix of homebrewed trailers, they got a brand new 4610 ap cab in the late 80's and not long after one of the roadless's got traded for a big 1550DT Fiat but they still kept the engine on the chopper....

Thanks Paul, must admit over lambing I lost all interest in the models, and at one point I just thought about clearing everything away, but now that I'm starting to catch up on some sleep the interest is coming back again!

If you ever come across those photos I'd love to see them!

1 hour ago, 844john said:

Thanks Paul, must admit over lambing I lost all interest in the models, and at one point I just thought about clearing everything away, but now that I'm starting to catch up on some sleep the interest is coming back again!

If you ever come across those photos I'd love to see them!

No bother John, if i find them it isnt a problem, there are some photos about too that my dad took, i'll have to get them hunted out

11 minutes ago, mb86 said:

Making headway now john and looking good. Nice looking super 4 in the background as well. 

Thanks Martin, she donated her wheels for casting but she's back together now!

• 1 month later...

The 118's not far from the undercoat now, the doors are still to make and a few bits and pieces, but it's almost there. Instead of the Lambourne cab I've decided to fit the 78 with a Duncan Supercab like the one in the photo...pictures to follow on that one..

WP_20200621_17_19_08_Pro.jpg

WP_20200621_17_22_47_Pro.jpg

WP_20200621_17_20_36_Pro.jpg

WP_20200621_17_19_43_Pro.jpg

WP_20200621_17_19_17_Pro.jpg

WP_20200621_17_21_17_Pro.jpg

WP_20200621_17_25_50_Pro.jpg

10 hours ago, jmd said:

brilliant as always john. not seen anyone do a duncan super cab yet i dont think

Thanks John! Well, again it's something a bit different, and also it's a cab that was used on several other makes of tractors so i thought I'd have a go at making up and casting the bits for one so that i can use it on future builds.

8 hours ago, Ben Gardebroek said:

Fantastic John, everytime again a big surprise what you made.

Thank you Ben, it's slowly getting there, just wish i had more time for them at the moment!

• 2 months later...

Archived