Valley Axeman's 32nd scale Nuffs and Leylands

10 hours ago, robbo said:

Considering that you say that you don't have many in 1/32 you do have a fair few of them. Didn't realise that there were so many model versions 

Its surprising what there is Mike, most are just variations on a theme of the basic models of Universal4,  4/60, 10/60, 4/65, and 384's, i know there are a few bespoke models out there that i'd like, BOR did a fantastic 802, and Ian at Tab did a brilliant 282, but it woulds be good to see a good run by someone, to fill in a few gaps..... a few have re-bonneted the UH Cases but its still a Case with the front axle etc and no cast chassis. There will always be a few on the wish list, some 3 cylinders like a 3/42 and 10/42 and 345 be nice as would the perkins powered 253 and its replacements 245 and 502 be good to see in model form, along with the 6 pot 285/2100 and county converted 485/4100's. There have been a few that have been in the collection in the past that got moved on, a couple of the Dave Towse Leylands i had went north over the border to Martin and Ian to there collection, and theres a trio of Marshall's in the 100 series by Dave Towse that went up to Brian Stewart, including a model of the famous JD green Marshall 100 one of the pair of 4wd's lives locally and is snapped here at Great Ecclestone show back in 2009  where i had a few Leylands on display for the 40th anniversary and the Marshalls on display the following year in 2010 where that fateful day when Brian Stewart first met at the JD themed show there.

P3060331.thumb.JPG.fe18c661e4060e4fe433293ed70a1d94.JPGP3060303.thumb.JPG.a12b04dff07af0f3a2d716491aff8a55.JPGP7162130.thumb.JPG.69d4e25c8ba9c26f96476e11db23a9fa.JPG

8 hours ago, jmd said:

aye your right about clifford:)

Aye John, some of his models did a bit of mileage, between Clifford to Colin, then Colin to either me or you and Matt, they covered some ground, Andrew got a few of Cliffords builds too, might not have been the most detailed but always looked good and he was always happy to have a good natter, it never bothered him being in a wheelchair either, one of them folk that was just happy to be doing :)

7 hours ago, smithy said:

You certainly have a nice lot of 1/32 ,several in there I would like to have thanks for showing 

Cheers Smithy :) theres still a few more to post yet,  a few more scaledowns etc... plus another with a bit of special sentimental value :)

• Like 7

18 hours ago, jmd said:

very nice paul:) have i seen this before if so dont remember but thats just me getting more forgetful just like my dad the lads keep telling me:D

:D haha Cheers John, aye i think you'll have seen it, i'm sure its been to Penrith  and was due to go to Newby this time.... i doubt any of the original real ones survive,  if you look in the back of your Stuart Gibbard's  "Doe Story" book theres a page or so on it and also mentions about the the dual David Brown..

Edited by Valley Axe Man
  • Like 1

Back to a bit of Harvest Gold.... this is a rather crude representation of a Marshall by Lone-Star all being said about it being crude the actual cab frame itself is a fairly fine structure in plastic compared to the chunky robustness of the cast cab Ertl designed for the 1690 Brown.... believed to be 3 versions of this, a 2wd, 4wd and 4wd duals which is this version which was found at the back of a shelf in quarter inch of dust at a local-ish  modelshop where i normally collect my 16th scale from, they thought the other versions could still be there somewhere as they never remembered selling them at the time.

IMG_7992.JPG

IMG_7993.JPG

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

:D haha Cheers John, aye i think you'll have seen it, i'm sure its been to Penrith  and was due to go to Newby this time.... i doubt any of the original real ones survive,  if you look in the back of your Stuart Gibbard's  "Doe Story" book theres a page or so on it and also mentions about the the dual David Brown..

i will have seen it then paul yeah, i remember reading about them  could be a project paul to make a replica if none of the real ones survive:D

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jmd said:

i will have seen it then paul yeah, i remember reading about them  could be a project paul to make a replica if none of the real ones survive:D

:) a replica Miak... how long do you think lockdown will last John :D Building  real one would be a challenge but saying that, its only lumps of plate and a couple of rams with a big pin through the middle of it... it would be a numb thing to store and move about though, hardly handy for a roadrun if you got it road reg'd, on saying that, today would have been our small number run up to Vintage metals do.... just as it looks like the weather changed abit.... 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, jmd said:

still going paul thought you said at the start you had,nt many to go at:D

There's only a handful left now John,  :D it depends on what i was putting them against, if i was comparing numbers to your Autoways or your Fords or Matts Mcormicks, then i haven't that many 32nd Nuffys and Leylands :D

6 hours ago, mb86 said:

Pulling out some crackers there Paul. Those scaledowns especially are beauty's. 

Cheers Martin :) in a way there a few that i'd like to add but theres also a few 16ths that i wouldnt mind models of but most would have to be one off's.....

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jmd said:

who did the export marshal paul

It's one that Ken Davis  did John, technically its not right as it's a 384 really and should have the later engine and also a synchro gearbox top on it, but as i've found out, one or two that have built up export spec tractors out of hedgerow finds, that there is a top for the synchro box that puts the sticks between the legs rather than either side of the seat, these were used on some of the 3c Jcbs that were fitted with the 3x3 Synchro rather than the 5x2 crash box. There was a 272 export at newby last year with this top to it, i didnt get it at first thinking it was a 10 speed until i learnt of Graham Hill that it was a way round it if you could find the right bits 

• Like 1

Another tractor in the collection that for the past 7 years that holds a great deal of sentiment is this MK 1 4/65, fitted with a Duncan cab and adorned with a Dumfrieshire "SM" prefix on the reg plate, built by another good man and a great friend that is sadly no longer with us but never forgotten, Kenny Beeton, i first saw this tractor on one of Kenny's displays at the Myrescough shows, and Kenny told me about a tractor similar to this one that was about locally to them where they had the family farm, it wasn't very often you got a serious side to Kenny, he was one of the few that didn't matter what was on his table it was there to make some one smile and if he achieved that he was a happy man. a Keen fergy man at heart , Kenny sent the 4/65 to the Valley for long term storage and light use (as long as it was kept in good order) to join the collection. Maybe this tractor is the reason i bought my full sized 345 as it having the Duncan cab and "SM" reg... who knows 

IMG_7942.thumb.JPG.49d1f876f80660c711328a87746b3003.JPGIMG_7943.thumb.JPG.e022055c85e80776c5c55d3008e3980d.JPGIMG_7944.thumb.JPG.82f32c36ad85e3f4b5337abd872a5ec9.JPG

And a couple of the man himself and a few snaps of his displays  at Myrescough, Hethersgill and The National Horse ploughing at Ellisand farm Dumfries the eagle eyed amongst you will spot the 465 in a couple of the photo's... along with yours truly :D

P1010829.thumb.JPG.88721892caecdbf28ac59698c38efb6a.JPGP3020276.thumb.JPG.cafa2ee611898cc1db91c6a0c1c5d069.JPGPC240938.thumb.JPG.71a3b396a65eb1e1ab527854feadbcbc.JPGP3020275.thumb.JPG.a408fac580c716fe78eec35933a51e84.JPGP3020278.thumb.JPG.37356e92269ab080568cd633f43a1616.JPG

Edited by Valley Axe Man
  • Like 9

8 hours ago, jmd said:

thought it might have been paul you just need hucky to do you a16th now to go with it:)

Think Brian and Will are just waiting on the decal man now John, its certainley been talked over a few times, and one or two would join the collection of 16th's when they get them into a run, there's a few projects that they are on with that will all need a visit to sort the decals ;)

• Like 1