Brand rating

So, what is your favourite make?
i really like wiese toys, details is amazing altough really fragile.

Britains for me is the best toy / model brand they are very nice and at the same time you can have fun without worrying too much about breaking parts.

Siku, I m not sure, nice and heavy but I found some models very fragile too.

never owned yet, universal hobbies, replicagri, schuco and the others.

you can tell I m a new guy in town :)

And do you collect models based on brand of tractors or make brand?

Cheers

Can’t go wrong with any of the high detail ones, weise Wiking replicagri schuco universal all good, I’d say schuco and UH are the most fragile out of them 

brands I stick to fendt and John Deere tractors from any manufacturer 

have claas harvesters and implements are generally small-medium size stuff, particularly Amazone/Kuhn/horsch/vaderstad 

As far as model brands go I collect anything that catches my eye, I particularly like MarGe and Wiking. I primarily collect Case/New Holland and Claas because those are what I’ve had contact with in my professional carrier as an AG parts guy. 

Replicagri are my favourite . They are usually pretty accurate and good value for money. Marge would be my second. I think their New Holland and Case tractors are  absolute gems. Their Ford TWs were also beautys..The German brands like Weise and Schuco are also spot on, but costly in comparison for what you get. UH are hit or miss. ROS are also high detail but the most fragile off them all. ...Wiking ...cant fault them bar the JD 6930..Britains and Siku are Toys..But I like the Britains Heritage range alot and the fact them produce UK and Irish branded machinery.  Siku in my eyes are purely for kids. I don't collect them .

Out of what I have, I think the Weise models are the best, there isn't a dud amongst them.  I think Wiking are very good but do have their off days, and some of the more recent models haven't been as good as the early ones.  I've only got one Schuco model (622LS) which is very good. UH are generally good, but they are prone to mistakes, Replicagri have also always been very good, again, I don't think I've ever had a bad model by them.  I had a Marge Claas Elios which was well made and very weighty but don't have anything else of theirs now besides a scraper!  I thought Siku got quite good before they took Wiking over, some of their tractors weren't bad, particularly the Case Magnum.  Shame that didn't last.  Britains are variable, but their JCB loaders are pretty good.

It's hard to fault the Weise models, and they are compatible with implements from all other manufacturers, both two point and three point linkages.

Replicagri, Schuco, Wiking, ROS and Marge have all made good models, excellent models and okay models

UH is hit or miss. Some very good, some awful, and some that are very good and awful at the same time (County 1174 very good, but wheels and paint colour on cab are awful)

don't really have a fav brand, its more about the era for me,  70’s to early 00’s   for me, as long as it fits that range i will buy it from any maker, as long as its close enough to uk spec, which is hard as most makers cater for europe wide more, so sacrifices have to be made.

The only thing I would fault with Schuco and Weise models is the hitch for trailed implements.  They could do a better job there. Some off the Weise models don't even have a  trailer hitch . I think Marge fall down with this issue too.

Replicargi and Uh for me, Britains old stuff are good though not the most detailed and i collect them mainly for nostalgic reasons. I find the likes of wiese and schuco very expensive but the few i have are fantastic though a bit fragile. Though Uh can be hit and miss they generally are good models and not silly money but they are getting more expensive in recent years. Again replicargi are reasonably priced and are fabulous looking models. Have to mention also Britains heritage range these have better detail then the older britains kit though unfortunately they discontinued them a few years ago and picking them up from ebay and the likes is getting very expensive..    

For me it’s Britains. Pure nostaligic, i played with britains farmtoys and kept them.

I’ve bought a few SIKU tractor’s and implements when i was 14 or 15, but sold them recently. Bad on the details and not as much fun to play with as Britains in my opinion.

5 hours ago, Hielke said:

For me it’s Britains. Pure nostaligic, i played with britains farmtoys and kept them.

I’ve bought a few SIKU tractor’s and implements when i was 14 or 15, but sold them recently. Bad on the details and not as much fun to play with as Britains in my opinion.

Definitely, Britain’s much better then siku even as toys :)

Some Europeans, particularly the Germans, are fanatical about collecting Siku models. You see them at the Zwolle show going round with their notebooks ticking off the ones they have got and searching for that elusive rare edition. Some of the older Siku models are almost unbreakable so are great for the kids to play with.

As others have said, Weise toys are good and Wiking are usually ok as well. Britains can be hit and miss, some good, others bad. They have made some spectacularly bad ones over the years like painting a Fiat green and calling it a Fendt, hopefully they are over that now.

I quite like the Ros models but that may be because they do most of the SDF stuff so I might be a tad biased.

There was a time in the mid 90's in particular when Siku surpassed Britains quiet alot. The one thing I found about Britains then was their build quality went south bigtime.. Hitches that could not hold up implements and wheels going wobbly after a  short period off time with them plastic centre hubs instead off the bar axle. Siku tractors  were much more solid and tighter over Britains  then and Siku had alot more to offer in terms off implements.

I cant realy comment on what's the best. They all have good points and bad. Some more detail than others, some make the models that means more to me and others dont. I've started to get most of the britains vintage stuff. Only because I want the models I had as a kid. I'm also trying to get the models that we use on the farm or close to. So that means more of the new stuff. Like schuco and ros. If I had my was I'd buy them all no matter what the brand. I just love tractors and machinery. Toys models or the realy thing. 

On 7/23/2020 at 10:37 PM, Daniele said:

Definitely, Britain’s much better then siku even as toys :)

Id have to disagree.

Iv been buying my kids Britain's for a frigid number of years and to be honest at least half if them are rubbish.

The tractor tow hitch breaks off far too easily. Mirrors fall off too easily  the steering in most if their tractors is far too loose their tyres are too much like plastic. 

A lot of their implements are not play friendly at all.

5their horse boxes dont stay attached to their land rovers or the tractors on a carpet surface as on the tractors the hitch dosent lift high enough to stop the hook of many trailers just passing through. The Kuhn cultivator has no functionality the drawback stands on their lane trailers are so clumpy it hardly clears the ground catching on everything and drastically reduces the turning circle.

Horse box doors on 2 new models dont even stay closed if you hit a bump. 

Their livestock trailer shows on the box that the deck removes it does not.. I could go on

I would like to say their dump trailer and tankers even their classic silage trailer and dung spreader are excellent..especially the nc dung spreader.abd value for money.

The heritage john Deere are excellent and their Ford 7600 great value...after that they are generally very poor compared to the 80s that I grew up in.

Siku.. well I know there are some very basic looking stuff but some is very good. Like this class 950 as I said before is just so far ahead of Britain's it's in a different leaque. It has the visual appearance to match wiking except for the really fine detail like hitch and front linkage ..but the painted metal finish is just brilliant..see through grill lifting bonnet and rolls and steers beautiful and has been in the hands of a 4 year old since Christmas!

2 hours ago, F8N said:

Id have to disagree.

Iv been buying my kids Britain's for a frigid number of years and to be honest at least half if them are rubbish.

The tractor tow hitch breaks off far too easily. Mirrors fall off too easily  the steering in most if their tractors is far too loose their tyres are too much like plastic. 

A lot of their implements are not play friendly at all.

5their horse boxes dont stay attached to their land rovers or the tractors on a carpet surface as on the tractors the hitch dosent lift high enough to stop the hook of many trailers just passing through. The Kuhn cultivator has no functionality the drawback stands on their lane trailers are so clumpy it hardly clears the ground catching on everything and drastically reduces the turning circle.

Horse box doors on 2 new models dont even stay closed if you hit a bump. 

Their livestock trailer shows on the box that the deck removes it does not.. I could go on

I would like to say their dump trailer and tankers even their classic silage trailer and dung spreader are excellent..especially the nc dung spreader.abd value for money.

The heritage john Deere are excellent and their Ford 7600 great value...after that they are generally very poor compared to the 80s that I grew up in.

Siku.. well I know there are some very basic looking stuff but some is very good. Like this class 950 as I said before is just so far ahead of Britain's it's in a different leaque. It has the visual appearance to match wiking except for the really fine detail like hitch and front linkage ..but the painted metal finish is just brilliant..see through grill lifting bonnet and rolls and steers beautiful and has been in the hands of a 4 year old since Christmas!

Wow, to be fair I was only judging in Britain’s favour as my child siku , John deer with front loader, broke within 2 minute of it being out of the box...I might just been unlucky ,or maybe a tractor with a front loader was always gonna fail.

my child 2 Britains tractors have done really well, apart from a mirror that broke off the other day.

overall I like Britains design, and for a 2 year old I prefer them as they have less weight.

i also have bought a very cheap new Holland by burago, and that is doing very well as no parts have broke off yet...I like in this one that the mirrors are actual mirrors and you can indeed see the reflection in them, unlike  Britains and siku models.

as I said before I am just a rookie, I take your judgment on board and will buy more siku, but not with front loader or anything , just to give them a second chance.

Archived