Just received some very sad news from Paul's better half

Paul sadly passed away a couple of weeks back

To those of us who knew Paul within the weirdo community he would be seen plodding round the UK show scene purchasing his huge model collection and then spent the past few years selling as a trader (due to other half pressure).

He will be sadly missed

RIP buddy

4 hours ago, robbo said:

I don't think I knew him but it is always sad one one of our fellow tractor buffs passes away. Was he a member on here Barry?

He didn't touch technology. He used to have the stand at Spalding in small hall parallel with us

Can't find any photos of Paul himself but here's a couple of photos of his stand at the 2017 Spalding Spring Show. He had a big write up done on his collection in Classic Tractor, possibly five or six years ago. Had lots of early DBP, MFM, and PDC conversions/custom builds in his collection plus a huge amount of rare stuff from Holland before Zwolle got as big as it has now. He amassed a huge collection which I believe filled several shipping containers, stand to be corrected on this. Will definitely miss him at the shows when they recommence.

P1280838.JPG

P1280839.JPG

Very sad news indeed , i got to now Paul at least 15 years ago ,i first got to now him over in Holland at the Zwolle show he was staying in the same hotel as me and Martyn (martyn already had know him way before i did ) we used to give him a lift down to the hall in the van and we used to have meals together . Like David has said he had several containers full of them ,he invited me to go around at some point but sadly i never took him up on his offer . I have also bought a good few of his models over the last few years and really pleased that i did . We always had a good chat as we was setting up the stands at Spalding ,Wincanton, Leamington spa he will be sadly missed .

Rest in peace Paul ,Smithy     

That is sad news indeed. I first met Paul when we made the trip to Zwolle through Peter Love and Rob Rushton-Smith, was it, in a mini bus. We had lunch together on the ferry and have remained friends ever since, meeting at the various toy tractor shows over the years, first as buyers and then with him selling off part of his collection. Sharing the same first name made remembering easy 🙂

RIP Paul

Archived