What's your latest farm/Construction buy in 2022

On 4/28/2022 at 9:25 PM, Paul Palmer said:

Shouldnt have had to replace the front linkage but there you go

3D95BB9E-1CF0-422E-9C36-37CD8450CACF.jpeg

867AAA46-46A1-42F0-AF5E-3906B816C831.jpeg

BE887350-6B17-467B-AFF9-4EB1A362E26C.jpeg

Looks a good set up.  Think my ones are destined for a 7310r      It’s rather disappointing the hitches are so poor on all Britain’s tractors.  After all they are designed as children’s toys.  I’m still amazed at how poor they are for pulling a trailer.  The hitch hits the drawbar and lowers itself and then the trailer falls off every time you try to turn. I’m struggling to justify buying Britain’s for my son if they are going to be poor to play with.  The siku front and rear hitch was and still is the best design going for strength and function. I think it’s time britains borrowed the idea 

5 hours ago, CallumC said:

Looks a good set up.  Think my ones are destined for a 7310r      It’s rather disappointing the hitches are so poor on all Britain’s tractors.  After all they are designed as children’s toys.  I’m still amazed at how poor they are for pulling a trailer.  The hitch hits the drawbar and lowers itself and then the trailer falls off every time you try to turn. I’m struggling to justify buying Britain’s for my son if they are going to be poor to play with.  The siku front and rear hitch was and still is the best design going for strength and function. I think it’s time britains borrowed the idea 

Thanks Callum, i did get hold of Tomy and told them about the front hitch and they said they didnt have any other complaints, so perhaps my linkage was a rogue one, but your comments are spot on

Edited by Paul Palmer
Spelling

2 minutes ago, Paul Palmer said:

Thanks Callum, i did get hold of Tomy and told them about the front hitch and they said they didnt have any other complaints, so perhaps my linkage was a rogue one, but ykur comments are spot on

I think I might actually contact them myself about the rear hitch.   I know when I was young if I had a tractor with a duff hitch it didn’t see much use 

I think if I got those mowers I'd try them on a siku 6210r as their tractors seem a bit tougher.  I got a Britain's Valtra with them in mind but it felt too lightweight.  Sold it now.  I guess there is every possibility the rear mowers won't attach to the Siku linkage too though.

5 minutes ago, CX820Joe said:

I think if I got those mowers I'd try them on a siku 6210r as their tractors seem a bit tougher.  I got a Britain's Valtra with them in mind but it felt too lightweight.  Sold it now.  I guess there is every possibility the rear mowers won't attach to the Siku linkage too though.

The rear mowers might attach Joe as the siku and britains rear links are similiar but not 100% sure, the mowers are well balanced on the valtra though

On 4/30/2022 at 10:05 AM, CallumC said:

Had the same problem as your valtra with the John Deere (mowers arrived home today) The front linkage and rear doesn’t have a deep enough groove to hold the linkage in the raised position with a weight on 

12 minutes ago, CallumC said:

Had the same problem as your valtra with the John Deere (mowers arrived home today) The front linkage and rear doesn’t have a deep enough groove to hold the linkage in the raised position with a weight on 

Thats a shame, although my rear linkage is fine i did email tomy which the lady advised me to do after the phone conversation with her, might help if you do the same they might realise there is a problem with the britains front linkage 

29 minutes ago, Paul Palmer said:

Thats a shame, although my rear linkage is fine i did email tomy which the lady advised me to do after the phone conversation with her, might help if you do the same they might realise there is a problem with the britains front linkage 

Yea I’ll do that.    Have you got the email address you sent to?

3 hours ago, Dougerr76 said:

Picked up a CaseIh 1494 MFWD by U.H at a local toy show

IMG_7764.jpeg

IMG_7768.jpeg

You do realise that there are 7 variants of this model in 2 and 4 wheel drive and you can't stop until you have got them all?

So far I have got 6 of them and only missing the white bonnet/black chassis, 4 wheel drive version although I will hopefully be remedying that soon

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/113918609303?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

• Like 2

I really like the David Brown version I bought recently. The red version looks lovely too, but I am possibly going to get the 2wd version of the David Brown next- lots of memories of these when I was younger.  What are the wheels like on these 2wd versions?  Some of the 2wd UH models I've had in the past have had very wobbly front wheels.

1 hour ago, CX820Joe said:

I really like the David Brown version I bought recently. The red version looks lovely too, but I am possibly going to get the 2wd version of the David Brown next- lots of memories of these when I was younger.  What are the wheels like on these 2wd versions?  Some of the 2wd UH models I've had in the past have had very wobbly front wheels.

Slightly fragile but I am not too bothered about that as they only sit in a cabinet. I would post some pics but, I have packed them away pending an up and coming house move, sorry

4 hours ago, robbo said:

You do realise that there are 7 variants of this model in 2 and 4 wheel drive and you can't stop until you have got them all?

So far I have got 6 of them and only missing the white bonnet/black chassis, 4 wheel drive version although I will hopefully be remedying that soon

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/113918609303?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Its weird mike i remember and have seen the db coloured ones and the red case ones  , but i have never seen a black white (magpie) case in the flesh , down here or up in east anglia , no idea why , were they a shortish tun in production maybe ? 

1 hour ago, Tractorman810 said:

Its weird mike i remember and have seen the db coloured ones and the red case ones  , but i have never seen a black white (magpie) case in the flesh , down here or up in east anglia , no idea why , were they a shortish tun in production maybe ? 

I've seen a few around Shropshire Sean, including a big 1694 which was still working regularly up until a farm sale in 2015.