Lincs show ford silver

gromittigger

Think i would have bought the 78 sj

with hindsight i think many others would have liked to of as well ;)

when a friend was looking for a 78 a few years back he had the choice of two,a  SJ & a normal blue , could never work out why he went for the blue ? when yer contracting , it's these little things that stick in peoples heads theres a contractor nearby had a SJ & contracted fodderbeet harvesting , he swaped the SJ for a 7740 but he's still known as "the chap who had the silver ford " as no one can remember his name !

nice did you see that one of those changed hands for ?32000 plus vat recentlly,unrestored but in very good nick,used daily from new aprox 180 hrs a year

Yep the one that was only ever used on a hedgetrimmer on verge trimming duties aparently. Also out there in lincolnshire  ???  there is one in perfect condition and never been touched since the day it came off the line

mmm well lets see,???? did you know it was done puerly of the uks own backs without permission from ford parent company,???

if so then yeah i think we may have  :D :D :D :D

Yup and was a huge financial gamble that kinda didnt work :-\    look we both betrayed MF :'( :'( :D :D :D

yeah,farmer bought 3 from new and kept one in his barn under sheets with just 3 hrs on the clock,still has the other 2 as well

he's done well to make the investment payyoff , otherwise he must have looked at it every day thinking to himself "bugger"

don't be too hard on them marky , they were good tractors & could have been great if it wasn't for the porus block issue :-\

Porous block hey  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Says it all really... good job it wasn't an important component that suffered a common fault then  ::)

don't be too hard on them marky , they were good tractors & could have been great if it wasn't for the porus block issue :-\

I haven't actually heard of any 7810's up this way that suffered from this, lots of 4 cylinder 10 series models but none with the 6 cylinder in it