County 1004 FC

I remember (just!) being on my way to school along Albert Street and seeing the sparkly new lime green rigid FC dumper being driven out of what I believe was the design shop behind the original offices in Upper Street. 

Edited by Hair Bear
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, James Joe Dewar said:

The amount of detail in this little screen grab speaks volumes to me, I could never even cut a straight line in Plasticard never mind making door handles ang hinges, I could knock that up in CAD, but it would be far to fine for my printer to print, hat's off to you John.

Regards

Joe

John.jpg

Thank you Joe, I really appreciate that. I’ve said before that I’m my own worst enemy as if there’s detail there I like to try and incorporate it into a model, even though most of the time the only person that sees it is me! I do know I’d be lost now without my glasses and my tweezers mind😂

• Like 2

5 hours ago, James Joe Dewar said:

Ah yes, the ravages of old age, I can sympathise on that, I have those problems myself edgeing close to my 70th year, I was wanting to comment on the incredible texture you achieved on your big bales, but could not find the picture I saw the other week so couldn't comment, ( in case it wasn't actually you ), :D

Regards

Joe.

I’m a good way behind you Joe, but it definitely feels like everything is heading the wrong way now🙈 I did put some pictures with bales up recently, not sure if these were what you were thinking of

IMG_9628.jpeg

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, 844john said:

I’m a good way behind you Joe, but it definitely feels like everything is heading the wrong way now🙈 I did put some pictures with bales up recently, not sure if these were what you were thinking of

IMG_9628.jpeg

That's the one John, I just could not remember where you had put it, That seam down the middle and all the loose ends sticking out just looks so real, a very difficult effect to replicate I would imagen,

Regards

Joe.

7 minutes ago, James Joe Dewar said:

That's the one John, I just could not remember where you had put it, That seam down the middle and all the loose ends sticking out just looks so real, a very difficult effect to replicate I would imagen,

Regards

Joe.

Thanks Joe, I can’t take credit for those mind as I used James’s method for making them👍

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Paul Palmer said:

What was the method John? The bales look very realistic

It’s basically replicating how a real baler works Paul by making a chamber out of wood and a plunger to pack the sisal as you feed it in. I don’t know how to do links, but I’m sure if you do a search it should come up as James did a detailed topic on it👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 844john said:

It’s basically replicating how a real baler works Paul by making a chamber out of wood and a plunger to pack the sisal as you feed it in. I don’t know how to do links, but I’m sure if you do a search it should come up as James did a detailed topic on it👍

Ok thanks John