The Britains effect

If back in the 1960s, Britains had (for arguments sake) chosen as it's two mainstay models lets say an IH B250, and a Nuffield 4/65, I wonder what the modern hobby farmers and tractor collectors scene would look like?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hair Bear said:

If back in the 1960s, Britains had (for arguments sake) chosen as it's two mainstay models lets say an IH B250, and a Nuffield 4/65, I wonder what the modern hobby farmers and tractor collectors scene would look like?

I'd say no different.. Because the Ford 5000 and MF 135 were the main sellers on the scale 1/1  😅 & Britains obviously took that into account when making toys/models then. Corgi done much the same with the  5000 & 165..   Ford and MF ruled the roost... 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, justy 46 said:

I'd say no different.. Because the Ford 5000 and MF 135 were the main sellers on the scale 1/1  😅 & Britains obviously took that into account when making toys/models then. Corgi done much the same with the  5000 & 165..   Ford and MF ruled the roost... 

Same reason britains don't make a kubota or a zetor now      working purely on stats and producing what's popular 

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies.

I think where I was going with this was the idea that the 135 was on so many carpets over the years and that generation of carpet farmers are now in the market for some nostalgia / mid life crisis which is why they are so popular.

Starting to get the feeling I've over-thought this. Best get back to the weather watching before I come up with another bizarre theory. :)

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Hair Bear said:

Thanks for the replies.

I think where I was going with this was the idea that the 135 was on so many carpets over the years and that generation of carpet farmers are now in the market for some nostalgia / mid life crisis which is why they are so popular.

Starting to get the feeling I've over-thought this. Best get back to the weather watching before I come up with another bizarre theory. :)

I can see your point  with the price of 135s etc   but the price of all the brands has just gone through the roof now 

1 minute ago, fordmajor said:

Britains should do heritage Nuffield massey 35 65 major dexter leyland ih ransom's combine [ just my wishlist ]

I agree 100%.  The Nuffs & Leylands for sure considering none of the other main players look set to do them.  UH done  a 1/16 scale Nuffield before... Should be nothing stopping them doing a 1/32..  My preference will always be a Ford  4000/4600 in 1/32... Fingers, crossed Minitrac have them in the pipeline.. But they will be expensive. 

• Like 1

On 5/6/2024 at 7:42 PM, justy 46 said:

I agree 100%.  The Nuffs & Leylands for sure considering none of the other main players look set to do them.  UH done  a 1/16 scale Nuffield before... Should be nothing stopping them doing a 1/32..  My preference will always be a Ford  4000/4600 in 1/32... Fingers, crossed Minitrac have them in the pipeline.. But they will be expensive. 

Hi,

Just posted this picture in another Topic, but seems relevant here too:

BR
Jan

IMG_8563.JPG

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, WHITESNAKE01 said:

Hi,

Just posted this picture in another Topic, but seems relevant here too:

BR
Jan

IMG_8563.JPG

I'm abit overwhelmed... 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, justy 46 said:

I'm abit overwhelmed... 😂

Ask for one and 13 come along!!!

Get that kidney on the black market 🙃

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Barry said:

Ask for one and 13 come along!!!

Get that kidney on the black market 🙃

I know how you feel Barry, I have spent the last few years selling off body parts but now the SAME's seem to be cooling off, must be because the builders are going blue instead

Posted (edited)

I certainly won't get all 13..😂 A Fieco cab 2wd 4000 and Q cab 4600 will do fine.. I tought a Fritzmeier cab might be done considering they were popular in Holland & Belgium... What will they go for?  €200+  maybe... 🤔

Edited by justy 46
  • Like 1

On 5/9/2024 at 10:24 PM, WHITESNAKE01 said:

IMG_8563.JPG

Long overdue these. Are they diecast, white metal or resin?

What do they mean by 4000 A Force as opposed to 4000 Force?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, super6 said:

A = Allrad = 4wd. That model will have a Schindler front axle.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, super6 said:

They will be made from Die Cast, as the add already says........

BR
Jan

On 5/13/2024 at 8:24 PM, super6 said:

My bad, I didn't read the text above the pictures and its not in English................ 😉

Hi Paul,

No hard feelings, the text in the add indeed wasn't written in English.
But the words "Die cast" are probably borrowed from English.
I was hoping that would make it clear.

Have a nice day!

BR
Jan

• Like 1

23 hours ago, WHITESNAKE01 said:

Hi Paul,

No hard feelings, the text in the add indeed wasn't written in English.
But the words "Die cast" are probably borrowed from English.
I was hoping that would make it clear.

Have a nice day!

BR
Jan

No hard feelings here, I didn't read it and my reply was firmly tongue in cheek 😁