What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

sat in the yard all day, they tried to make us go at 10 but use a days holiday, even though i had been in since 7.30, so i would have lost, then told us to clear some snow, which we did, then attempted some online training we use, but couldnt do it as  most of the southern half of bt were also trying the same, so eventually they sent me hone about 30 mins ago

David that is a cracking drawing... hats off to you... I would be happy to produce something HALF as good as that mate..... brilliant work

Thank you Mark, appreciated, it's been a very long time since I last attempted to accomplish anything like this and i'm pleased I had the patience to see this through. I reckon it's taken me around 18 hours to complete it over 3 separate occasions sat at the kitchen table and most of that time was taken sorting out the original pencil outline, much rubbing out and starting again on various parts of it.

It's not perfect by a long way but at least it's recognisable as a Same Laser and it's given me a little bit of inspiration to attempt a few more. Back to searching through Classic Tractor mags and my book collection for some suitable candidates, no really modern curvy stuff I can say that for certain. I've already got the construction lines drawn out for my next project, a Massey Ferguson 9240.   

Bagma tractor and trailer brake testing, so that were the first Dealership in Scotland to offer this service. Outside in snow at minus 6 at one point, not very nice being frozen all day. It was an eye opener tractor was ok but trailer at farm, with oil braked poorly but with air not a thing. We adjusted them up and improved them 100%, but they still did not meet new regulations coming out. VOSA and the Police are now getting up to speed on this, and are getting concerned about the amount of big tractors on the road overloaded. The trailer wasn't even a third full, and we were almost at gross vehicle weight limit. I haven't read all the In's and outs fully yet,but for those of you pulling weight its gonna get really strict soon. I'm sure the guy from bagma said there was a downloadable document on Tractair the website, and also tractor dealers are now getting leaflets about this. As far as i know John deere and claas are doing there own schemes, we were told what could be the reason for this but I'm not opening a can of worms on here.

Today I have decided to take a days holiday for a couple of reason. The snow and ice and also have a gaping raw crack in my left heel which was caused by spending most of the day yesterday in brand new rigger boots that were not broken in. Why did I bin the old ones that fitted like a slipper >:( >:(

Bagma tractor and trailer brake testing, so that were the first Dealership in Scotland to offer this service. Outside in snow at minus 6 at one point, not very nice being frozen all day. It was an eye opener tractor was ok but trailer at farm, with oil braked poorly but with air not a thing. We adjusted them up and improved them 100%, but they still did not meet new regulations coming out. VOSA and the Police are now getting up to speed on this, and are getting concerned about the amount of big tractors on the road overloaded. The trailer wasn't even a third full, and we were almost at gross vehicle weight limit. I haven't read all the In's and outs fully yet,but for those of you pulling weight its going to get really strict soon. I'm sure the guy from bagma said there was a downloadable document on Tractair the website, and also tractor dealers are now getting leaflets about this. As far as i know John deere and claas are doing there own schemes, we were told what could be the reason for this but I'm not opening a can of worms on here.

Sounds like some of the clipboard attendants are finally waking up to the usage of agricultural vehicles as goods vehicles and about time too. I saw a big Massey near Chippenham on Tuesday. It was towing a lowloader with a landrover hybrid on it, hardly agricultural use!!

I welcome the news VOSA are looking at break testing and gross wieghts of agricultural machinery.

Ended up having an extra day off work today because of the white stuff and with an internet connection refusing to work properly i've had a fairly productive day spring cleaning my room and backing up photographs onto CDs from my hard drive.

I've also had the time to slap some colour onto this.....

DSC06203.jpg

Reasonabley satisfied how it turned out in the end, lots to work on and improve upon when it comes to planning my next attempt at a tractor drawing. Definitely need to work out a better way to colour in the tyre treads, i've lost a lot of the original outline detail colouring them in the way I have, but aside from that i'm fairly chuffed.

A lot of time and care put into that...very impressive..

A lot of time and care put into that...very impressive..

Thank you Rick, appreciated, i've got a few more drawings lined up to attempt of tractors mainly from the '80s to mid '90s, which will give me something else to do with my spare time. :)

Had a very testing day at work due to staff and deliveries either running very late or not turning up at all, a proper day for thinking on my feet, just about managed to keep all the locals happy. :)

Well a lazy holiday due to the weather really. Walked to shop for paper etc and that was hard going in the soft snow. Did some paper work and computer work and then after lunch had 40 winks and then cleared the drive with the old Howard 350. More computer work and phone calls and then looking out to the snow. Now time to venture out and clear the drive again.

Ripping down ceilings and walls, and altering electrics in an old terrece house. What a dusty horrible job glad to be home and finished :D till tommorrow :( . Still pays for more models and brochures :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

day started off with helping a lady un wedge her disco from an icy lane which was blocking the yard entrance . then netting logs all day till we got bored then we went to the beach to get a pick up of sand to spread round the yard.

Digging around for a bit of block stone today and found this little pebble ! At around the 20 tonne mark it might just take a little bit of nibbling away at to get it down to my modelling size ! But this is how my 5mm x 3mm ish bits start out in life !

diggerstone5.jpg

diggerstone4.jpg

diggerstone3.jpg

uote author=JCB BLOKE link=topic=9390.msg614921#msg614921 date=1262990543]

Digging around for a bit of block stone today and found this little pebble ! At around the 20 tonne mark it might just take a little bit of nibbling away at to get it down to my modelling size ! But this is how my 5mm x 3mm ish bits start out in life !

That's a fair size of stone Damian. Is that the largest one you have unearthed ???

i asume thats just crushed up now once out of the way?? or is it a once peice order for some councils fancy welcome to sign somewhere?

not yet sean we need to pop it and it might go for cutting in to heads and sills because its worth more that way