What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

Been into work and baled the last bit of spring barley we cut this week on the land we contract farm, crop was so poor we cut everything of our own first and left that till last.....25-30 tons and 37 bales off just over 20 acres, then blew down the baler and gave it a quick blast with the pressure washer before it goes away until next year

I'm doing a level 3 NPTC in operational principles of kennels and catteries Bill, basically animal care, including animal first aid, rehoming, animal nutrition ect. One day a week at collage and homework as well, plus side student card which get me discount at loads of shops ;D

Sounds interesting Mark especially the student card ;D ;D

Are you planning a career change at the end of it ??? ??? 

Well I could have posted this on a few threads 'cos it made us very sad and very happy and very proud all at the same time....16yr old son joined the Army today at AFC Harrogate. It was very traumatic when it got to the point where the sergeant major said soldiers out that way and parents stay where you are. Literally not a dry eye in the house - and there was a lot of eyes cos todays intake was 800 !! He's in the Yorkshire Regiment of course..

We are both so proud of him...

ran a half marathon(well run would be pushing it,more like jog).Friday spent all afternoon turning straw with a jd 6330 for a friend of mine,short a driver and was trying to finish harvest before showers came.first time in 20 yrs drove a tractor and in my element.unfortunately no camera. also in field jd 6430 with a class rake,7530 and 6920 on balers,deutx combine and jd 6930 drawing trailers

Well I could have posted this on a few threads 'cos it made us very sad and very happy and very proud all at the same time....16yr old son joined the Army today at AFC Harrogate. It was very traumatic when it got to the point where the sergeant major said soldiers out that way and parents stay where you are. Literally not a dry eye in the house - and there was a lot of eyes cos todays intake was 800 !! He's in the Yorkshire Regiment of course..

Wow well done to him!

morning milking ,start at 4.30 am  finnish about 6.30 ..wash down ,circulate,cows back were they should be,feed calves.. finnish about 7.20am..afternoon takes about 2 hour es in total.. bit longer tonight because had to  inject cow with cal

Whew that puts my Sunday into perspective, thanks for the info Bob!

800 new recruits? Will they all be heading for the Yorks together or were there recruits for all across the regiments? I envy him for his decision, it's his first act of bravery. I always fancied logistics but as it was my own decision I chose farming. The young man is going to make some fantastic friends from here on in. It'll be a massive experience I am sure of that. Good luck to him and a 'bloody well done'!!

For me, aftera red wine induced wedding hangover yesterday I am up fresh as a daisy going round the different beef herds out at grass. First day of three weeks helping out at a friends place. Once I've done the rounds I am off hedge trimming with a 698 2wd & a Spearhead trimmer! :)

Went into work first thing to go ploughing but had been suffering from dreadfull toothache since last night so had to register with and reaquaint myself with a dentist after 4 years of avoiding them, managed to get a mid morning appointment where a very nice man wielding a pair of pliers forcibly removed the offending molar ::)  Was told not to go back on a tractor until tomorrow so have been in the yard looking over the spud harvester with the engineer........despite appearances the new to us harvester needs a lot of money spent on it

Well aside from burying the dog ( :'( ) I've been visiting a number of local farms doing my placement mail drop. 16 farms down some 50-odd to go :P L200 handled well, but I got stuck on one very steep hairpin and put a bit of rubber down.

Having been to one very large music festival locally recently, and been back at work for 3 days i'm now preparing to head much further south tommorow toward another, but wholly much smaller musical gathering with a line up i'm really looking forward to engrossing myself in. Specifically the Larmer Tree Gardens and the "End Of The Road" music festival on the Dorset / Wiltshire border. Satellite Navigation and Mum's home baking at the ready! :)

http://www.endoftheroadfestival.com/

800 new recruits? Will they all be heading for the Yorks together or were there recruits for all across the regiments? I envy him for his decision, it's his first act of bravery. I always fancied logistics but as it was my own decision I chose farming. The young man is going to make some fantastic friends from here on in. It'll be a massive experience I am sure of that. Good luck to him and a 'bloody well done'!!

For me, aftera red wine induced wedding hangover yesterday I am up fresh as a daisy going round the different beef herds out at grass. First day of three weeks helping out at a friends place. Once I've done the rounds I am off hedge trimming with a 698 2wd & a Spearhead trimmer! :) any chance tris of some pictures of the 698?

first day at agricultural college and we got a tour of the farm, we are all driving the john deere 6930 premium tommorow to see how well we can drive

we are also being trained for our RTV,ATV,P1 and P2 tests. also welding, great qualification to have

just out of interest: which collage are you going to?